smeeze

Miles Sanders 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, FFNewb said:

What do you see for Sanders if Howard plays? Sure sit or has he carved himself a spot?

Howard isn't gonna play

7 hours ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

Dallas D just shut down a hot Gurley and Rams...

Yards-wise, for sure, but he still scraped up 2 TD's.

Dallas Defense on the road doesn't concern me, allowing 151 rush yards at the Bears a week before.

I gotta fire Sanders up.

Dallas does concern me. Their D even without Leighton still can make it tough on the Eagles and if they get out to a hot start against Philly's horrible D and taking 8 minute drives while doing it, yea its going to limit Miles upside. Especially if they create a couple 3 and outs, next thing you know sanders is in at the half with 3 points. Looking at my team with AJ Brown and Parker as options, i almost ride the match up in NO but with how hot sanders has been and the touches that is expected, its a hard decision. He is no sure fire for rb1/high rb2 numbers. 

• Like 1

Philly has been off to slow starts I think 3 weeks in a row... if they do it again not good for sanders...

im not sayin don’t start him... I just don’t trust. Wentz

58 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Dallas does concern me. Their D even without Leighton still can make it tough on the Eagles and if they get out to a hot start against Philly's horrible D and taking 8 minute drives while doing it, yea its going to limit Miles upside. Especially if they create a couple 3 and outs, next thing you know sanders is in at the half with 3 points. Looking at my team with AJ Brown and Parker as options, i almost ride the match up in NO but with how hot sanders has been and the touches that is expected, its a hard decision. He is no sure fire for rb1/high rb2 numbers. 

Idk, DAL is basically right in the soft middle as far as DVOA and OVP metrics...then put them on the road and up against a PHI O-Line that is a very strong run block unit and I think it becomes an advantage for PHI/Sanders. Also appears Lane Johnson is trending towards playing too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Idk, DAL is basically right in the soft middle as far as DVOA and OVP metrics...then put them on the road and up against a PHI O-Line that is a very strong run block unit and I think it becomes an advantage for PHI/Sanders. Also appears Lane Johnson is trending towards playing too.

Right, metrics look good im just thinking if dallas does what they should and run the rock and score and hold TOP, very well could be something like 17-3 at half and sanders will be banking on dump offs which would be great but it could be tough sledding.Just depends which cowboys team we see. They can very easily have a couple 8 min drives against philly and own TOP all game.

1 minute ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Right, metrics look good im just thinking if dallas does what they should and run the rock and score and hold TOP, very well could be something like 17-3 at half and sanders will be banking on dump offs which would be great but it could be tough sledding.Just depends which cowboys team we see. They can very easily have a couple 8 min drives against philly and own TOP all game.

Week 16 vs. Philadelphia

Philadelphia has given up the 7th fewest fantasy points to Running Backs this season. 

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Week 16 vs. Philadelphia

Philadelphia has given up the 7th fewest fantasy points to Running Backs this season. 

OK, but we need dallas stats. lol

1 minute ago, Zekepeak86 said:

OK, but we need dallas stats. lol

Zeke is a good RB and Dallas plays terrible as a team on the road.

Weak point of iggles defense is the secondary so not sure about this 8 minute drives.

Washington had 2 catch and run TDs last week that took less than 20 seconds each.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Zeke is a good RB and Dallas plays terrible as a team on the road.

Weak point of iggles defense is the secondary so not sure about this 8 minute drives.

Washington had 2 catch and run TDs last week that took less than 20 seconds each.

Maybe but if secondary is their fault, than 3rd down conversion rate goes up which will lead to longer drives. Philly offensively is so depleted, there is no reason the cowboys cant control the TOP. Like i said, i think itll be which cowboys team shows. Road/home splits are great, but you still have to play the game. This is one game they need. Its going to be a fight. I just dont think its a high scoring high yardage shootout. Im probably playing miles esp if howard is out which its looking like, but we should be reserved in this match up. At least my thoughts. I still think he is a better play than aj brown and parker who currently are fixed on my bench.. for reference.

1. Y'all remember back in October when some people were debating the definition of "league winner"? 😂
  3. Great couple of games for Miles, coming up huge when Philly needs him most. Gonna be a big year next year.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe not a power runner but I do wonder if they shouldn’t have gotten him involved more earlier in the season.  Definitely makes them more dynamic on offense.   I think splitting carries makes it tough for any RB to find a groove.  Especially a rookie. 

I was thinking how many people got burned because of the slide instead of a potential TD at the end, despite Miles having a great game.

7 hours ago, dorwell said:

I was thinking how many people got burned because of the slide instead of a potential TD at the end, despite Miles having a great game.

Probably not many.  He had 26.6 pts in PPR, so the kneel down isn't the reason your team lost.  

The definition of a league winner with his performance the past 2 weeks. 

17 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Probably not many.  He had 26.6 pts in PPR, so the kneel down isn't the reason your team lost.  

The definition of a league winner with his performance the past 2 weeks. 

I disagree with that.  He wasn't the reason that someone lost but there are tons of people that would have won if he'd tacked on those extra yards and a TD. 

He shouldve just ran it in, the game was going to be 15 points, there was no way the clownboys were coming back. [...] 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

2 hours ago, K197040 said:

I disagree with that.  He wasn't the reason that someone lost but there are tons of people that would have won if he'd tacked on those extra yards and a TD. 

A ton is exaggerating.  If you needed 30+ pts from a RB who had less than 10 pts at halftime to win, your problem was your roster decisions, not Sanders.

43 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

A ton is exaggerating.  If you needed 30+ pts from a RB who had less than 10 pts at halftime to win, your problem was your roster decisions, not Sanders.

Not at all.   It's the playoffs and there are tons of high scores being put up.   I was knocked out with 160 points last week.   In the other semi, the loser had 157.

Sure, if I would have started Perriman over Godwin, I would have won.  But I'm not questioning my decision.

But to say that only a mistake somewhere else  would cause someone to lose with Sanders is pretty naive. 

Edited by K197040