smeeze

Miles Sanders 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

If he is handed the bulk of the carries in the beginning of the year, think he's got a shot at Offensive ROY?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

If he is handed the bulk of the carries in the beginning of the year, think he's got a shot at Offensive ROY?

For sure.  I think he'd be in the discussion.  He looks like a much better runner now than early on.  If he'd been more involved, I think he would have gotten comfortable a lot sooner.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, K197040 said:

For sure.  I think he'd be in the discussion.  He looks like a much better runner now than early on.  If he'd been more involved, I think he would have gotten comfortable a lot sooner.  

He needed time for growth. He didn't look ready to tote the rock day one like Jacobs has all season. His receiving ability and pass protection are great though and have been from the start.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, devaster said:

He needed time for growth. He didn't look ready to tote the rock day one like Jacobs has all season. His receiving ability and pass protection are great though and have been from the start.

 

Disagree.  He is better than Jacobs as a runner, receiver, and blocker and always has been.  The PHI coaches just didn't give him the role he deserved until Howard's injury forced them to.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, K197040 said:

 

Not at all.   It's the playoffs and there are tons of high scores being put up.   I was knocked out with 160 points last week.   In the other semi, the loser had 157.

Sure, if I would have started Perriman over Godwin, I would have won.  But I'm not questioning my decision.

But to say that only a mistake somewhere else  would cause someone to lose with Sanders is pretty naive. 

 

If you needed Sanders to score more than 26.6 points to win, that's not on him, its on your roster.  A good team shouldn't have needed more than 15 PPR points from him to win.  20+ was a nice bonus.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

 

If you needed Sanders to score more than 26.6 points to win, that's not on him, its on your roster.  A good team shouldn't have needed more than 15 PPR points from him to win.  20+ was a nice bonus.

 

 

I'm not saying it's on him.  I'm saying that him making that TD would have caused a ton of teams to win a game they lost.

And lol about a "good team" not needing more than 15 points.    Having a "good team" doesn't equate to a championship victory.   Because you're also likely playing  a good team.

And if he happens to have that player that goes off for 40, you need to make that up somewhere. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sanders was my MVP down the stretch. Patience paid off. True three down force in both rushing and passing game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what are you willing to pay assuming miles sanders is the lead back for the eagles in 2020 auctions and draft day price. Dare I say 30 in auctions and a pick 25 to 35 in drafts? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, isuckatdfs said:

what are you willing to pay assuming miles sanders is the lead back for the eagles in 2020 auctions and draft day price. Dare I say 30 in auctions and a pick 25 to 35 in drafts? 

I think mid 2nd rounder redraft.  Not familiar with auctions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably will go fairly high in PPR assuming they don’t add anyone else at RB. 
 

Not sure if it has been mentioned but he starting wearing a visor the last two weeks and he has been on fire, seems like it is really helping him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he's going to be overrated in redraft.  PHI always prefers a committee.  They rode Sanders because they didn't have a choice this year.

 

I just hope that Sanders gets the GL carries next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2019 at 11:18 AM, joshua18 said:

 

Disagree.  He is better than Jacobs as a runner, receiver, and blocker and always has been.  The PHI coaches just didn't give him the role he deserved until Howard's injury forced them to.

 

 

Thanks for the laugh.  He is far from being a better runner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kdko said:

 

Thanks for the laugh.  He is far from being a better runner.

 

Whatever you say.  Pretty sure you were laughing at me saying CMAC was better than Fournette in 2017 as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

 

Whatever you say.  Pretty sure you were laughing at me saying CMAC was better than Fournette in 2017 as well.

 

I was a huge CMAC supporter, never was too high on Fournette or his landing spot myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sanders > Jacobs pretty easily for me. 

 

This was Jacobs' best chance at being an RB1 -- literally handed the starting job from week 1 compared to Sanders being in a timeshare until late November.  And Sanders still scored more points (RB13 vs RB18 for Jacobs).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

to be fair jacobs has missed a few games but sanders does have better long term offensive enviroment in philly. I can not fathom miles sanders in the pick 16 to 18 range but we will see how things shake out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I realize this is focused on 2019, but his keeper value is gonna be really interesting for next year. Howard is a UFA, and more than a couple other desirable FAs on the market, Scott has impressed in a COP role. Pretty good draft class coming too. PHI has a bunch of likely more pressing needs to address on offense, Wentz desperately needs WR weapons. Not to mention needs across the defensive spectrum. Hard to see them using valuable draft capital on a RB-- esp considering they basically just did on Sanders. Their cap situation appears to be pretty middle of the pack, even after having handed out some serious extensions lately, according to OTC they will have around 35MM in space...it helps that Wentz still only counts 18MM next year. Have to think Sanders has a decent chance to enter next year as a lead back, even if that has not been something seen all that often under coach DP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I realize this is focused on 2019, but his keeper value is gonna be really interesting for next year. Howard is a UFA, and more than a couple other desirable FAs on the market, Scott has impressed in a COP role. Pretty good draft class coming too. PHI has a bunch of likely more pressing needs to address on offense, Wentz desperately needs WR weapons. Not to mention needs across the defensive spectrum. Hard to see them using valuable draft capital on a RB-- esp considering they basically just did on Sanders. Their cap situation appears to be pretty middle of the pack, even after having handed out some serious extensions lately, according to OTC they will have around 35MM in space...it helps that Wentz still only counts 18MM next year. Have to think Sanders has a decent chance to enter next year as a lead back, even if that has not been something seen all that often under coach DP.

Sanders will be the lead back next season in Philly. I would expect Scott back in the Sproles role. And maybe Clements is healthy. But the Eagles will still target some early down rushers in the draft or FA if they don't resign Howard. The RB group in Philly is never going to be a single guy though. There will always be a rotation, but I fully expect Sanders to be 1A going forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, devaster said:

Sanders will be the lead back next season in Philly. I would expect Scott back in the Sproles role. And maybe Clements is healthy. But the Eagles will still target some early down rushers in the draft or FA if they don't resign Howard. The RB group in Philly is never going to be a single guy though. There will always be a rotation, but I fully expect Sanders to be 1A going forward.

I just noticed that Mike Clay has him ranked 24th overall --RB12-- for next season...lots can happen here (obv) but that is a pretty strong early rank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I just noticed that Mike Clay has him ranked 24th overall --RB12-- for next season...lots can happen here (obv) but that is a pretty strong early rank.

 

The day late, dollar short Mike Clay. He hasn't been accurate since he was at PFF -- which is now almost 5 years ago. 

The biggest concern for Sanders next year IMO is if PHI gets all of its weapons healthy and Wentz spreads the wealth...that would cap his ceiling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.