smeeze

Miles Sanders 2019 Outlook

12 minutes ago, tdfxman said:

I think on Sanders in a keeper league I am going to take him.  Howard is a UFA next year and this could be ALL Sanders next year.

I agree with the argument in re-draft it might be tough to get touches, but I think by year end he is the guy.  Things change over the season.  NOW it might not look good, but in 3 months how does that backfield look.  Next year I think it's all his and he is a high 3rd Rd pick.

ADP update, in the last week on NFC i see him at 62.  So high stakes cash guys are taking him there as of this writing in redraft

Or it could be Carson/Penny all over again.  Fantasy owners being in a hurry to sweep Howard away is not the same as the eagles deciding that’s what’s best for the overall success of their running game. 

3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Or it could be Carson/Penny all over again.  Fantasy owners being in a hurry to sweep Howard away is not the same as the eagles deciding that’s what’s best for the overall success of their running game. 

I think everyone that drafts Sanders would be fine with a Carson/Penny situation.   Carson looks to be at least the 60% guy.   Right now, he looks like the better runner and is being treated as such.

Right now, Sanders looks like the better runner.    He's also a better pass catcher.  If you tell me he has the Chris Carson role, I'm thrilled to have him.   Also knowing that his role could expand.

1 minute ago, K197040 said:

I think everyone that drafts Sanders would be fine with a Carson/Penny situation.   Carson looks to be at least the 60% guy.   Right now, he looks like the better runner and is being treated as such.

Right now, Sanders looks like the better runner.    He's also a better pass catcher.  If you tell me he has the Chris Carson role, I'm thrilled to have him.   Also knowing that his role could expand.

Being the rookie he would be penny.   The heir apparent upstaged by an underrated veteran.   This is my scenario after all 😝 

• Like 2

I've seen him go in the 4th in some mocks. Top 50? No thank you. 

I've got 14th pick in a 14 teamer.

Looking to grab two stud WRs or one and Kelce. Then Woods/Cooks/Godwin/Henry/White/Michel at 3-4.

Was hoping to snag Miles at 70. If he gets to a 60-40 in that offense it's RB1. That's a big IF but will be a recipe for a big payday. 

2 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Being the rookie he would be penny.   The heir apparent upstaged by an underrated veteran.   This is my scenario after all 😝 

Ah...I thought we'd be going by talent and skill set.

• Haha 1

The problem with Sanders, and every Philly back, is that they tend to spread the ball around a lot.  I'm avoiding this backfield completely because of that, unless the pick is too deep a bargain to pass on.

3 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

"The heir apparent upstaged by an underrated veteran. This is my scenario after all."

So you passed on him, so did I. Perhaps you know that you're going to. In my 3rd league, the owner dropped him & I picked him up. For your consideration: "... Miles Sanders suited up ... against the Baltimore Ravens ... but did not see any touches... The team has clearly been impressed by Sanders this preseason, and their decision not to play him on Thursday shows that he is line for a significant role in the team's offensive plans this season. Jordan Howard is expected to start the season as the starter, and the Eagles typically run a committee at the running back position, but Sanders has the highest upside of any of their backs." - Mike Maher | Eagles Correspondent 

If you would, assess, & are you drafting Howard? 

"GM Howie Roseman said he waited “years” for a prospect like Sanders to fall into the Eagles’ lap."

I know we temper enthusiasm from coaches and staff, but you gotta love that quote.  

• Like 6

Thinking they use him like James White. Might be a PPR monster sooner rather giving us a glimpse at what Cohen owners thought he was gonna be

On 8/23/2019 at 10:16 AM, Impreza178 said:

The difference is Carson is good and Howard isn't. Penny not being good also kind of kills that scenario. 

20 minutes ago, munde53 said:

The difference is Carson is good and Howard isn't. Penny not being good also kind of kills that scenario. 

Hindsight is 20/20

Penny was more accomplished and drafted higher than Sanders-  who was nothing special at PSU.  If not for a stellar combine...he’s a late round flyer.  

Howard has had a great offseason too-  and is 24 years old.   One of only 3 rbs to run for 3000 yards over the last 3 seasons.  yuuuuge leap assuming Sanders steals enough work to be worth what he’s going for now.   

Add to the fact Pederson is the don of rbbc and you have a mess.    Pass

• Like 1

Miles Sanders: 5-11, 211 lbs.  Drafted 52nd overall.  4.49 40-yard dash.  4.19 20-yard shuttle.  6.89 3-cone drill.  

Lesean McCoy: 5-11, 210 lbs.  Drafted 52nd overall.  4.48 40-yard dash.  4.18 20-yard shuttle.  6.82 3-cone drill. 

Uncanny.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Hindsight is 20/20

Penny was more accomplished and drafted higher than Sanders-  who was nothing special at PSU.  If not for a stellar combine...he’s a late round flyer.  

Howard has had a great offseason too-  and is 24 years old.   One of only 3 rbs to run for 3000 yards over the last 3 seasons.  yuuuuge leap assuming Sanders steals enough work to be worth what he’s going for now.   

Penny was way over drafted and everyone essentially knew it as soon as the pick was made. I wouldn't say Sanders was nothing special at PSU but he was overlooked by a lot of people pre-combine because he was only a one year starter. Since he had limited film due to being a one year starter his combine performance was more heavily weighted than some other prospects. This isn't a John Ross situation where he only got drafted early because of his performance at the combine.

Jordan Howard is what he is and what he is, is nothing special. He might fill that Legarrette Blount roll we saw from a couple seasons ago but I wouldn't expect anything more. 

It's going to be some kind of RBBC. Anyone thinking Sanders will be a workhorse is kidding themselves but he will be the most valuable member of that committee. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, munde53 said:

Penny was way over drafted and everyone essentially knew it as soon as the pick was made. I wouldn't say Sanders was nothing special at PSU but he was overlooked by a lot of people pre-combine because he was only a one year starter. Since he had limited film due to being a one year starter his combine performance was more heavily weighted than some other prospects. This isn't a John Ross situation where he only got drafted early because of his performance at the combine.

Jordan Howard is what he is and what he is, is nothing special. He might fill that Legarrette Blount roll we saw from a couple seasons ago but I wouldn't expect anything more. 

It's going to be some kind of RBBC. Anyone thinking Sanders will be a workhorse is kidding themselves but he will be the most valuable member of that committee. 

You’d take him over Guice and Duke?   Those are guys slated for starting roles- going for the same price.   

Give me Howard easily over sanders for the price.  

Edited by Impreza178

2 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

You’d take him over Guice and Duke?   Those are guys slated for starting roles- going for the same price.   

Give me Howard easily over sanders for the price.  

Yes, because I think the Texans sign someone else and I think Guice will be in a RBBC as well on a far worse team. 

There is zero upside in Howard. You're going to get around 700 yards and a handful of touchdowns. Howard is currently being drafted in the middle rounds around a bunch of upside WRs who I would take over Howard 10/10 times. 

Howard screams one of those players who rots on your bench who you don't feel comfortable dropping but you never want to start. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, munde53 said:

Yes, because I think the Texans sign someone else and I think Guice will be in a RBBC as well on a far worse team. 

There is zero upside in Howard. You're going to get around 700 yards and a handful of touchdowns. Howard is currently being drafted in the middle rounds around a bunch of upside WRs who I would take over Howard 10/10 times. 

Howard screams one of those players who rots on your bench who you don't feel comfortable dropping but you never want to start. 

Appreciate the convo-  always like to hear well thought out differing views.  I hope it works out for you 

Couldn’t wrap my head around the RBs in rounds 3-5 with all the questions they have... so this guy is my RB2. Don’t think they’ll be able to keep him off the field. Was able to get some amazing WRs in those earlier rounds... if this guy turns into what the Eagles envision... 👀📈

2 hours ago, Chardo said:

Miles Sanders: 5-11, 211 lbs.  Drafted 52nd overall.  4.49 40-yard dash.  4.19 20-yard shuttle.  6.89 3-cone drill.  

Lesean McCoy: 5-11, 210 lbs.  Drafted 52nd overall.  4.48 40-yard dash.  4.18 20-yard shuttle.  6.82 3-cone drill. 

Uncanny.

Careful there you don't want to pull your arm out of its socket with all that reaching.

1 minute ago, Gohawks said:

Careful there you don't want to pull your arm out of its socket with all that reaching.

He's just pointing out a coincidence. Lighten up, Francis. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, munde53 said:

This is spot on to me. If his first three years are any indication of style, Doug Peterson loves to rotate RBs and never have one RB on the field for more than a few plays in a row. They will constantly mix Howard/Sproles/Sanders and will be happy doing so. By drafting Sanders in the 4th round you're basically begging for a Howard injury.

I also see this very similarly to the 2018 Detroit Lions.

• Howard will almost undoubtedly be the main 1st/2nd down GL back similar to Blount
  • Sproles will be very involved on passing downs and for the shotgun dive similar to Riddick
  • Sanders will be the most talented guy who can do it all, will be featured between the tackles, in the passing game, and in the goal line, but to a limited extent. He's the Kerryon

Most likely Sanders does not live up to the ADP of 53. The guy who drafted him in our league has him as an RB2 and I envision him looking elsewhere at some point lol.

4 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Hindsight is 20/20

What makes you say this? Not saying you're wrong necessarily, it just goes against everything I've read/been hearing.

4 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Hindsight is 20/20

I'm sorry that is a ridiculous post. Sanders was excellent at PSU, there's no way he was going to be a late round NFL draft pick, and Pederson used the RBBC because he didn't have a good enough RB to do otherwise. I'm not saying Sanders will grab the starter role and tear it up right off, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's how he ended the season, and he will probably be a lot more expensive next year. How much he's used this year is hard to say, but you usually don't spend a second round pick on a guy so he can be a backup or spot player.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

What makes you say this? Not saying you're wrong necessarily, it just goes against everything I've read/been hearing.

To my eye-  he was more smooth and efficient than explosive like Barkley.   2018 was his best season which was pretty average- despite a great O line and bellcow expectations.   

59th in div 1 ypc  

15th in total rushing

17th in scrimmage yards

meh

the combine was where he opened eyes with those fantastic numbers across the board.    But I’ve seen the sparq guys and underwear Olympians bust before.    Quite often.    

JMO

25 minutes ago, bomont said:

I'm sorry that is a ridiculous post. Sanders was excellent at PSU, there's no way he was going to be a late round NFL draft pick, and Pederson used the RBBC because he didn't have a good enough RB to do otherwise. I'm not saying Sanders will grab the starter role and tear it up right off, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if that's how he ended the season, and he will probably be a lot more expensive next year. How much he's used this year is hard to say, but you usually don't spend a second round pick on a guy so he can be a backup or spot player.

I agree with this. He was NOT pedestrial in college - he backed up Saquon, behind one of the worst O-lines in the country. Y'all need to take a listen to some Philly beat writers... fully expecting Miles to be the starter early in the season.

Just gonna leave this here: 

• Like 2