smeeze

Miles Sanders 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Careful there you don't want to pull your arm out of its socket with all that reaching.

The Eagles' FO made the exact same comparison when talking about him after the draft.

Edited by EaglesRocker97
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sivaro said:

Miles Sanders Hype is off

ADP value

plane down.jpg

What are you smoking

Word is that Howard is for sure the starter, and this is a RBBC all the way.

Sanders is change of pace back only, despite the talent. Unless their are a lot of cuts made to the RB depth on the Eagles then he is in line for only a portion of the touches.  To few for his ADP right now.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Word is that Howard is for sure the starter, and this is a RBBC all the way.

Sanders is change of pace back only, despite the talent. Unless their are a lot of cuts made to the RB depth on the Eagles then he is in line for only a portion of the touches.  To few for his ADP right now.

As a Philly native this certainly isnt the "word". Curious as to where you got this information from. We expect Miles to get work early and often in games.  Firmly expecting 12-15 touches per game right from the get go. I'd say 50% Miles - 25% Howard - 25% Sproles/Clement right from the start. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, richiec26 said:

As a Philly native this certainly isnt the "word". Curious as to where you got this information from. We expect Miles to get work early and often in games.  Firmly expecting 12-15 touches per game right from the get go. I'd say 50% Miles - 25% Howard - 25% Sproles/Clement right from the start. 

I will take it from the Philly natives and fans.   If you are saying that is the word.   Awesome!    I hope he gets a little more play, but I would be happy with 12-15.

The information is that Howard is the starter and they will have a RBBC approach to the year. ( Plus the amount of RB's on roster/ Sproles taking touches etc)  and a healthy dose of paranoia about my draft pick.

But, then I looked at the age of Sproles ( 36) and realized that he is not a threat.

At this point everything looks good except Howard is still in the way .  For now.

39 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

I will take it from the Philly natives and fans.   If you are saying that is the word.   Awesome!    I hope he gets a little more play, but I would be happy with 12-15.

10 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

The information is that Howard is the starter and they will have a RBBC approach to the year. ( Plus the amount of RB's on roster/ Sproles taking touches etc)  and a healthy dose of paranoia about my draft pick.

But, then I looked at the age of Sproles ( 36) and realized that he is not a threat.

At this point everything looks good except Howard is still in the way .  For now.

You ok man?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Born Sinner said:

You ok man?

I have been talked down from the ledge.   Thanks ya'll, it was touch and go for awhile.

I am back on the Sanders hype train.   

Howard was arguably the best back running the zone during his first two years.

Philly likes to run the zone.

Ya’ll in for a rude awakening.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, richiec26 said:

Philly native here and I disagree. I'm with Gohawks on Howard.

I own Sanders, and I believe Howard will be the starter and biggest piece of the committee.  Until Sanders takes the job from him.  No prediction on when that might be, but drafting Sanders as your RB3 or 4 is a nice lottery ticket.  Drafting him as your RB2 is a recipe for a disappointing season. 

• Like 1

Is it safe to say Sanders is a similar pick to Kerryon last year, except on a better team?

Sanders is going at 5.04 this year and Kerryon was 5.07 last year in half-ppr.

Seem like very similar situations, and Kerryon likely would have won many people leagues if it weren’t for injury. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Is it safe to say Sanders is a similar pick to Kerryon last year, except on a better team?

Seem like very similar situations, and Kerryon likely would have won many people leagues if it weren’t for injury. 

Not a bad comparison. 

Except Kerryon had that Auburn stink on him.  Never goes away.  Roll Tide

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Yes it is, except you don't have to worry about Pencil boy and his ineptitude.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Nice comp. Miles is almost certainly not as good of a receiver, but he's a better pure runner to make up for it. People slept on Kerryon cause he was "good at everything but not amazing at any one thing." Plus those injury concerns. Both have similar O-lines...

To me this is more reminiscent of Chubb and Hyde, though. Uncanny, actually.

13 hours ago, TLBDS said:

Nice comp. Miles is almost certainly not as good of a receiver, but he's a better pure runner to make up for it. People slept on Kerryon cause he was "good at everything but not amazing at any one thing." Plus those injury concerns. Both have similar O-lines...

To me this is more reminiscent of Chubb and Hyde, though. Uncanny, actually.

What?

6 minutes ago, Jared24 said:

FYI Eagles have arguably the best O-line in the league.

Not only that, Wentz has so many weapons that teams will never stack the box. Miles Sanders is gonna eat.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

What?

You know, similar... like, one is very good and the other is very mediocre... :lol: I vastly overestimated DET's line.

• Haha 1

This will be a sad and angry place come midseason....  

Doug does RBBC 🤷‍♂️.     At least 3 guys will get regular burn. 

Edited by Impreza178

Just now, wendellrott said:

Howard for Clowney whispers

That would be incredibly stupid of Houston.

last I heard the Texans wanted Dillard.    No way Philly gives up their promising franchise tackle. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

That would be incredibly stupid of Houston.

last I heard the Texans wanted Dillard.    No way Philly gives up their promising franchise tackle. 

Jordan Howard

1 minute ago, wendellrott said:

Jordan Howard

So a guy who got dealt for a 6th round pick is now going to get dealt again for a 25 year old generational edge pass rusher?  That seems a little unlikely.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

So a guy who got dealt for a 6th round pick is now going to get dealt again for a 25 year old generational edge pass rusher?  That seems a little unlikely.

Shark how you been ole' buddy ?

Agholor involved also