smeeze

Miles Sanders 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

So a guy who got dealt for a 6th round pick is now going to get dealt again for a 25 year old generational edge pass rusher?  That seems a little unlikely.

BUUUUUTTT "he's had a great camp" and "has looked comfortable running routes".  Surely he's worth a generational edge rusher now

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ThunderDan said:

BUUUUUTTT "he's had a great camp" and "has looked comfortable running routes".  Surely he's worth a generational edge rusher now

stranger thing has happened

 

The Houston Chronicle reports the Seahawks and Eagles have been in trade talks for unsigned franchise player Jadeveon Clowney.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wendellrott said:

stranger thing has happened

 

The Houston Chronicle reports the Seahawks and Eagles have been in trade talks for unsigned franchise player Jadeveon Clowney.

 

Ok we get that, but where the hell are you coming up with Howard and Agholor being involved? 🤨

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

So a guy who got dealt for a 6th round pick is now going to get dealt again for a 25 year old generational edge pass rusher?  That seems a little unlikely.

 

Maybe along with a 1st, it might be fair value.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

Shark how you been ole' buddy ?

 

Agholor involved also

Not too bad, w.  Well O'Brien is dumb enough to do just about anything, so dealing Clowney for Howard AND Agholor might not be beneath him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jared24 said:

 

Ok we get that, but where the hell are you coming up with Howard and Agholor being involved? 🤨

 Houston needs both RB and Slot Receiver along with Oline help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming Philly does not do a trade for Clowney, what kind of touches are being projected for Miles Sanders?

I am having a really difficult time even figuring out where to begin.

One thought I was having that Philly has never really had a solid RB under Pederson hence the mess at RB, However, everyone keeps saying that Nagy runs the same offense as Pederson and Howard got 250 carries and 20 catches last year. 

Does anyone think it's probable (of course its possible) that Sanders could end up with that type of workload? He seems like the best RB Pederson has had.

Right now it seems like he'd get the T Cohen role and touches with maybe a little extra: (T Cohen from last year) 99 rushes 444 yards, 91 targets 71 catches 725 rec yards,  8 total TDs

Edited by FreakFries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Howard gets traded.

Sanders ADP is going to be in the stratosphere. I am all for it.  

 

the real question is , which is the better back for Houston, Penny or Howard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sivaro said:

If Howard gets traded.

Sanders ADP is going to be in the stratosphere. I am all for it.  

 

the real question is , which is the better back for Houston, Penny or Howard?

 

Howard by a mile.

Houston had Duke Johnson for catching passes and most of all Penny can't pass protect and Houston already has an entire offensive line full of guys who can't do that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sanders seems like a better keeper choice than redraft. I see howard getting the looks early unless he blows it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw some tweets earlier with speculation that the Eagles are one of the teams interested in McCoy. I can’t seem to find the tweets right now.

Is this just pure media speculation because of McCoy’s history with the Eagles, or are the Eagles actually interested? Even if they signed him I doubt he’d have a huge role, but if they really are still interested in another RB it just seems questionable that Sanders is going to turn into a workhorse at some point this year.

I want to believe and Sanders is currently one of my targets to reach for in my draft, but the price is pretty high for someone in a very muddy situation. 

Edited by gufomel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, gufomel said:

I saw some tweets earlier with speculation that the Eagles are one of the teams interested in McCoy. I can’t seem to find the tweets right now.

Is this just pure media speculation because of McCoy’s history with the Eagles, or are the Eagles actually interested? Even if they signed him I doubt he’d have a huge role, but if they really are still interested in another RB it just seems questionable that Sanders is going to turn into a workhorse at some point this year.

I want to believe and Sanders is currently one of my targets to reach for in my draft, but the price is pretty high for someone in a very muddy situation. 

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport named the Chargers, Chiefs, Eagles and Patriots as teams showing the most "early interest" in free agent RB LeSean McCoy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, dorwell said:

Fingers crossed that Gordon chooses another landing spot than the eagles. 

Bro. If you're worried about that Twitter thing. Don't be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2019 at 8:36 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

So a guy who got dealt for a 6th round pick is now going to get dealt again for a 25 year old generational edge pass rusher?  That seems a little unlikely.

That generational pass rusher got traded for two wack a** linebackers. 

Texans wish they got Howard.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gohawks said:

That generational pass rusher got traded for two wack a** linebackers. 

Texans wish they got Howard.

Bonus points for fine use of the term "wack a**."

Perhaps the Texans did need a GM after all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2019 at 11:57 AM, FreakFries said:

Assuming Philly does not do a trade for Clowney, what kind of touches are being projected for Miles Sanders?

I am having a really difficult time even figuring out where to begin.

One thought I was having that Philly has never really had a solid RB under Pederson hence the mess at RB, However, everyone keeps saying that Nagy runs the same offense as Pederson and Howard got 250 carries and 20 catches last year. 

Does anyone think it's probable (of course its possible) that Sanders could end up with that type of workload? He seems like the best RB Pederson has had.

Right now it seems like he'd get the T Cohen role and touches with maybe a little extra: (T Cohen from last year) 99 rushes 444 yards, 91 targets 71 catches 725 rec yards,  8 total TDs

Can’t see this type of line. Sanders is a complete back and while I think he’ll get far from every down work, he’d be closer to a “normal RB” distribution aka 75% rushing yards and 25% receiving yards. Darren Sproles will undoubtedly get a lot of the passing work out of the backfield and Howard is going to be heavily involved on the ground. I see him ending up with totals similar to 2018 Kerryon Johnson as the situations are very similar except the Eagles O is much better.

Something around 185/900/4 and 35/250/2. Barring injuries of course, and or the coaches not taking the training wheels off, and the chances of one of those things happening are very likely for a rookie RB with competition.

I have him in the low RB2/high RB3 territory. Looking like a pretty good season for Sanders. He landed in a very good situation in Philly for a team that should look to be running a lot more than 2018. But I don’t think he’ll get that much goal like work with Howard, Ertz, Goedert, Jeffery, Agholor, etc all involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...