smeeze

Miles Sanders 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

So a guy who got dealt for a 6th round pick is now going to get dealt again for a 25 year old generational edge pass rusher?  That seems a little unlikely.

BUUUUUTTT "he's had a great camp" and "has looked comfortable running routes".  Surely he's worth a generational edge rusher now

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ThunderDan said:

BUUUUUTTT "he's had a great camp" and "has looked comfortable running routes".  Surely he's worth a generational edge rusher now

stranger thing has happened

The Houston Chronicle reports the Seahawks and Eagles have been in trade talks for unsigned franchise player Jadeveon Clowney.

1 minute ago, wendellrott said:

stranger thing has happened

The Houston Chronicle reports the Seahawks and Eagles have been in trade talks for unsigned franchise player Jadeveon Clowney.

Ok we get that, but where the hell are you coming up with Howard and Agholor being involved? 🤨

13 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

So a guy who got dealt for a 6th round pick is now going to get dealt again for a 25 year old generational edge pass rusher?  That seems a little unlikely.

Maybe along with a 1st, it might be fair value.  

9 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

Shark how you been ole' buddy ?

Agholor involved also

Not too bad, w.  Well O'Brien is dumb enough to do just about anything, so dealing Clowney for Howard AND Agholor might not be beneath him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jared24 said:

Ok we get that, but where the hell are you coming up with Howard and Agholor being involved? 🤨

Houston needs both RB and Slot Receiver along with Oline help

Assuming Philly does not do a trade for Clowney, what kind of touches are being projected for Miles Sanders?

I am having a really difficult time even figuring out where to begin.

One thought I was having that Philly has never really had a solid RB under Pederson hence the mess at RB, However, everyone keeps saying that Nagy runs the same offense as Pederson and Howard got 250 carries and 20 catches last year. 

Does anyone think it's probable (of course its possible) that Sanders could end up with that type of workload? He seems like the best RB Pederson has had.

Right now it seems like he'd get the T Cohen role and touches with maybe a little extra: (T Cohen from last year) 99 rushes 444 yards, 91 targets 71 catches 725 rec yards,  8 total TDs

Edited by FreakFries

If Howard gets traded.

Sanders ADP is going to be in the stratosphere. I am all for it.  

the real question is , which is the better back for Houston, Penny or Howard?

1 minute ago, Sivaro said:

If Howard gets traded.

Sanders ADP is going to be in the stratosphere. I am all for it.  

the real question is , which is the better back for Houston, Penny or Howard?

Howard by a mile.

Houston had Duke Johnson for catching passes and most of all Penny can't pass protect and Houston already has an entire offensive line full of guys who can't do that.

• Like 1

Sanders seems like a better keeper choice than redraft. I see howard getting the looks early unless he blows it

• Like 1

I saw some tweets earlier with speculation that the Eagles are one of the teams interested in McCoy. I can’t seem to find the tweets right now.

Is this just pure media speculation because of McCoy’s history with the Eagles, or are the Eagles actually interested? Even if they signed him I doubt he’d have a huge role, but if they really are still interested in another RB it just seems questionable that Sanders is going to turn into a workhorse at some point this year.

I want to believe and Sanders is currently one of my targets to reach for in my draft, but the price is pretty high for someone in a very muddy situation. 

Edited by gufomel

12 minutes ago, gufomel said:

I saw some tweets earlier with speculation that the Eagles are one of the teams interested in McCoy. I can’t seem to find the tweets right now.

Is this just pure media speculation because of McCoy’s history with the Eagles, or are the Eagles actually interested? Even if they signed him I doubt he’d have a huge role, but if they really are still interested in another RB it just seems questionable that Sanders is going to turn into a workhorse at some point this year.

I want to believe and Sanders is currently one of my targets to reach for in my draft, but the price is pretty high for someone in a very muddy situation. 

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport named the Chargers, Chiefs, Eagles and Patriots as teams showing the most "early interest" in free agent RB LeSean McCoy.

34 minutes ago, dorwell said:

Fingers crossed that Gordon chooses another landing spot than the eagles. 

Bro. If you're worried about that Twitter thing. Don't be.

On 8/29/2019 at 8:36 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

That generational pass rusher got traded for two wack a** linebackers. 

Texans wish they got Howard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gohawks said:

That generational pass rusher got traded for two wack a** linebackers. 

Texans wish they got Howard.

Bonus points for fine use of the term "wack a**."

Perhaps the Texans did need a GM after all.

On 8/29/2019 at 11:57 AM, FreakFries said:

Assuming Philly does not do a trade for Clowney, what kind of touches are being projected for Miles Sanders?

I am having a really difficult time even figuring out where to begin.

One thought I was having that Philly has never really had a solid RB under Pederson hence the mess at RB, However, everyone keeps saying that Nagy runs the same offense as Pederson and Howard got 250 carries and 20 catches last year. 

Does anyone think it's probable (of course its possible) that Sanders could end up with that type of workload? He seems like the best RB Pederson has had.

Right now it seems like he'd get the T Cohen role and touches with maybe a little extra: (T Cohen from last year) 99 rushes 444 yards, 91 targets 71 catches 725 rec yards,  8 total TDs

Can’t see this type of line. Sanders is a complete back and while I think he’ll get far from every down work, he’d be closer to a “normal RB” distribution aka 75% rushing yards and 25% receiving yards. Darren Sproles will undoubtedly get a lot of the passing work out of the backfield and Howard is going to be heavily involved on the ground. I see him ending up with totals similar to 2018 Kerryon Johnson as the situations are very similar except the Eagles O is much better.

Something around 185/900/4 and 35/250/2. Barring injuries of course, and or the coaches not taking the training wheels off, and the chances of one of those things happening are very likely for a rookie RB with competition.

I have him in the low RB2/high RB3 territory. Looking like a pretty good season for Sanders. He landed in a very good situation in Philly for a team that should look to be running a lot more than 2018. But I don’t think he’ll get that much goal like work with Howard, Ertz, Goedert, Jeffery, Agholor, etc all involved.