FollowTheLeader

Alexander Mattison 2019 Outlook

As posted a long time ago, league winning potential. Might be available in some leagues. Must Add..

Yeah you don't leave a game for precuationary reasons in a must win matchup like the Seahawks unless you're actually hurt.

• Like 1

All we need from him are two to three weeks. Why would the Vikings rush Cook when they need him for the real playoffs?

Let's hope we get to cash the lotto ticket.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Evincar said:

It might be only a one week absence for Cook.

It very possibly could be zero. Smart thing would be to sit him against a bad Lions team on a short week. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Evincar said:

It might be only a one week absence for Cook.

Key words are LINGER for WEEKS

This is an injury that had a full bye week of rest+a couple of days off in practice and then flared up against the Seahawks. According to his statement it occurs when he has contact in a specific way that causes the pain, so it's a random injury.

Edited by dashoe

12 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

I'd think the Vikings sit him this week. Regardless, I'm firing up Alexander whether Cook plays or NOT! Alex time.

At the very least he's a great DFS or deep league flex this Sunday if Cook plays.

Edited by Evincar

26 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

I'd think the Vikings sit him this week. Regardless, I'm firing up Alexander whether Cook plays or NOT! Alex time.

if this was game theory, i think the Vikings have Dalvin  listed as the starter, he practices, pre game warm up does a couple of series in the 1st qtr then sits the rest of the way

Edited by dashoe

46 minutes ago, dashoe said:

if this was game theory, i think the Vikings have Dalvin  listed as the starter, he practices, pre game warm up does a couple of series in the 1st qtr then sits the rest of the way

AKA the David Johnson Special

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

I mean this could happen but it's so stupid that these teams do this...  Sit the guy for a week or 2 to heal it properly..

1 hour ago, ZappB said:

AKA the David Johnson Special

Exactly what I'm thinking. Not making the mistake I made benching Edmonds.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CORTEz said:

We'll see if this is true. 

Lol @ Cook saying he's good to go.

He'll be good to go until he gets whacked by a blitzing LB and then Mattison will come in and run for a 100 and 2 tds. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dschddny said:

Who is everyone starting Mattison over? 

Breida, Damien W, Darwin, & Snell

Considering starting Darwin or Snell if Damien or Connor sit but still likely going with Mattison

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, beans said:

Breida, Damien W, Darwin, & Snell

Considering starting Darwin or Snell if Damien or Connor sit but still likely going with Mattison

What if Cook is active?

Cook needs to sit until the playoffs because I have mattison and it’s fantasy playoffs. That’s more important than real life football stuff 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, dschddny said:

Who is everyone starting Mattison over? 

If Cook is out I can't see any scenario where you aren't at least plugging Mattison into your FLEX. If Cook is active, then I have absolutely no idea what to do. It's a 1:00 game too. I'd almost be tempted to play them both.

I’ve decided that I’m going to start him regardless of what Cook’s status ends up being. The matchup is such a juicy one where I think the Vikings will beat up on the Lions enough that both backs should have ample opportunities to rack up points. If Cook sits, Mattison is a top 5 play this week IMO. If Cook starts, Mattison is still a solid FLEX play at the very least.

• Like 2

You can bet Mattison will be giving 110% if he’s got that job to himself.  He will be looking to send a message to Vikings management and 31 other NFL teams that he has the talent to be a number one RB somewhere.  Definitely a must start if Cook is out.  

• Like 1

This is a messy situation going into FF playoffs.  I own both Cook and Mattison and I hope it is crystal clear if Cook is going to be the clear cut starter or not. Ideally he would be ruled out if they plan to "rest" him or limit his touches.

Just need to know which RB to start.

• Like 1

Sounds like Cook will be the starter and AMatt will just be "mixed in".  A mess for this week and going forward unless Cook's shoulder/chest/whatever gets worse

• Haha 1