FollowTheLeader

Alexander Mattison 2019 Outlook

I'll be playing whether Cook plays or not. Upside is too high in case Cook has to leave the game again and should get more touches than usual regardless.

Cook seems to be a stubborn man. If he wants to crumple up crying on the ground again, so be it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Sticky2 said:

Cook seems to be a stubborn man. If he wants to crumple up crying on the ground again, so be it. 

Ok this is hilarious.

6 hours ago, Sticky2 said:

Yeah he talks with a lot of bravado for someone who doesn’t seem to have a very high pain tolerance

Anyone else rolling the dice with Mattison today? I'm flexing him in the hopes he gets more PT than usual with Cook dinged up. I also don't buy Cook being 100%.  

3 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Anyone else rolling the dice with Mattison today? I'm flexing him in the hopes he gets more PT than usual with Cook dinged up. I also don't buy Cook being 100%.  

I don’t understand this thought process at all. Have seen it all over this thread past few days. If Cook is in, why roll the dice with Mattison if another player on your bench provides a much safer floor?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/4/2019 at 8:42 AM, dschddny said:

What if Cook is active?

At this point, I'm not sure lol

50 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

I don’t understand this thought process at all. Have seen it all over this thread past few days. If Cook is in, why roll the dice with Mattison if another player on your bench provides a much safer floor?

This.  All reports say Cook is fine.  People are starting Mattison on a hunch.  Pretty risky play for the playoffs 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lla887 said:

This.  All reports say Cook is fine.  People are starting Mattison on a hunch.  Pretty risky play for the playoffs 

Life is risk.  

1 minute ago, joebaker23 said:

Well, I'm not looking for the safe play this week. I'm looking for the upside play. But, that's just me and my particular situation. 

But, I think you could still make an argument that he has stand alone flex value today. I just don't see Cook getting the Lions share of the carries, and then there's the match-up. There's also the likelihood that the Vikes get up early and use Mattison to bleed the clock. So yeah, I think he's flex-worthy this week. 

JMHO...

9 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Well, I'm not looking for the safe play this week. I'm looking for the upside play. But, that's just me and my particular situation. 

But, I think you could still make an argument that he has stand alone flex value today. I just don't see Cook getting the Lions share of the carries, and then there's the match-up. There's also the likelihood that the Vikes get up early and use Mattison to bleed the clock. So yeah, I think he's flex-worthy this week. 

JMHO...

Cook will 100% for sure not get the Lions share of the carries.  The problem is, he will likely get the lions share of the Vikings carries. :(

1 minute ago, Al.Davis said:

Cook will 100% for sure not get the Lions share of the carries.  The problem is, he will likely get the lions share of the Vikings carries. :(

I wrote that intentionally. It was a pun. 

;)

Very clever lol... We always like to speculate but the truth is Dalvin is playing. He obviously has something to prove because of his past injury problems. He will probably do all his damage by halftime or by the end of the third..So Mattison may get some mop up duty but if there on the goal line there not going to be able to keep Dalvin out...

4 hours ago, ocelot777 said:

Very clever lol... We always like to speculate but the truth is Dalvin is playing. He obviously has something to prove because of his past injury problems. He will probably do all his damage by halftime or by the end of the third..So Mattison may get some mop up duty but if there on the goal line there not going to be able to keep Dalvin out...

Cook hates fantasy football. 

Couldn't let us have Mattison just one week, eh?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sticky2 said:

Cook hates fantasy football. 

Couldn't let us have Mattison just one week, eh?

If he lets me have him in week 16 I will forgive him.

Already ruled out.

Does anyone know the severity of his ankle injury? High ankle sprain maybe? Must be a doozy if he's already ruled out.

Been holding him all year waiting for the Cook injury. Nope. And now I have opponents to block this week and next. Hate to do it, but considering dropping.

4 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Already ruled out.

Does anyone know the severity of his ankle injury? High ankle sprain maybe? Must be a doozy if he's already ruled out.

Been holding him all year waiting for the Cook injury. Nope. And now I have opponents to block this week and next. Hate to do it, but considering dropping.

The one year cuffing your RB1/2 or stashing others' cuff didnt work out. 

If Mattison can get healthy next week looking like a title week RB1.

Anyone know whats up?

Just watched the play and cook could barely walk straight... with his SHOULDER injury.  That’s how bad it was.  My unprofessional medical opinion is that he’s out next week.