oswald737

2019 May Closer Thread

This is Greg Holland we're talking about.  If he gave up 8 runs in his next 5 innings would anyone be surprised?

• Like 2

Minter doing his thing

HA!

Edited by BMcP

Not gonna lie, having Vizcaino the last two years and having to defend his honor against the naysayers - Minter finally getting the closer gig and totally pooping himself brings me some satisfaction 

Edited by street sharks
  • Haha 1

What’s up with these Atlanta losers?  Luke Jackson made his debut on my team and posted a 9.00 ERA and 3.00 WHIP, although he might as well be Dennis Eckersley compared to Minter, who posted an INFINITY ERA.  I thought that 54.00 was bad.  Try infinity.  My ego is taking a massive hit here because my league-mates are laughing at me.  I don’t need this type of stress in my life.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

This is Greg Holland we're talking about.  If he gave up 8 runs in his next 5 innings would anyone be surprised?

Minter is making Holland look like Mariano Rivera. 

15 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

What’s up with these Atlanta losers?  Luke Jackson made his debut on my team and posted a 9.00 ERA and 3.00 WHIP, although he might as well be Dennis Eckersley compared to Minter, who posted an INFINITY ERA.  I thought that 54.00 was bad.  Try infinity.  My ego is taking a massive hit here because my league-mates are laughing at me.  I don’t need this type of stress in my life.

Atlanta is doing the best they can with their remaining options. They couldn't predict Vizcaino getting hurt and it's not there were any quality relievers just sitting in the free agent market.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Minter is making Holland look like Mariano Rivera. 

Seriously

At this point is there anyone to roster in the Atlanta bullpen? I feel like Minter is just going to continue getting opportunities until they sign Kimbrel.

5 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Atlanta is doing the best they can with their remaining options. They couldn't predict Vizcaino getting hurt and it's not there were any quality relievers just sitting in the free agent market.

Cue Kimbrel meme

19 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Who were former members of the Atlanta team...

• Like 2

the whole braves bullpen is trash. if you are not in desperate need of a closer (rotisserie) I am not even bothering with these committees.

Is Alvarado still the main closer in TB or is it a committee? He hasn’t had a save in weeks and last save went to Castillo.

1 minute ago, murraygd13 said:

Jacob Webb Josh Tomlin is the guy to own in Atlanta     /s

In all seriousness...you might be right?  I dunno.  I doubt Jackson is removed from the primary role due to last night but...lol... getting to the point where chasing saves isn't worth rostering anybody in that pen.

3 hours ago, wahoos1 said:

Is Alvarado still the main closer in TB or is it a committee? He hasn’t had a save in weeks and last save went to Castillo.

Looks like a full blown committee

9 hours ago, AnonymousRob said:

Right, I just meant their high leverage relievers.  The organization overall has done amazing via the draft/international free agency in recent years.

17 hours ago, Eddie Mush said:

Melancon lit up again. Idk who was suggesting him getting closing chances LOL

When they trade the entire pen he will be the guy. 

19 minutes ago, Stickfig13 said:

When they trade the entire pen he will be the guy. 

Moronta.jpg.cfb35497f7953ddccff837f682fecf9c.jpg

I beg to differ. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LarryDavid said:

Moronta.jpg.cfb35497f7953ddccff837f682fecf9c.jpg

I beg to differ. 

Is he not part of the "entire pen"....

• Like 1

Just now, pduce242424 said:

Is he not part of the "entire pen"....

Ummm. No. Not part of the "entire pen" that would be traded. Pitching Panda is no doubt about of their future build and IMO the closer in July. I would think Smith & Watson for sure, they would obviously hope someone would take on Melancon too. I also am not the only one with this opinion. 

https://aroundthefoghorn.com/2019/05/08/san-francisco-giants-3/

7 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

Ummm. No. Not part of the "entire pen" that would be traded. Pitching Panda is no doubt about of their future build and IMO the closer in July. I would think Smith & Watson for sure, they would obviously hope someone would take on Melancon too. I also am not the only one with this opinion. 

https://aroundthefoghorn.com/2019/05/08/san-francisco-giants-3/

I think you're missing the point. StickFig said, "When they trade the entire pen he will be the guy." This was in reference to Melancon getting another shot to close. So he said for Melancon to get another shot to close, the entire Giants pen would need to be traded. And then you posted a picture of Moronta saying you beg to differ, leading me to believe you didn't understand StickFig's point.