Rotoworld.com Forums

29 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

As long as these owners own him in their AAA Fantasy Leagues. 

It is hard to gauge a struggling closer at AAA level because so much of the physical problems start with the mental (pressure) problems which only really manifest back in the majors.  Getting a big contract is also part of the mental problems some players get into wanting to prove they are worth the money/years and thus pressing to hard and getting their mechanics etc all out of whack.

He's not in AAA.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BOS - Barnes ATM but def fluid with Brasier, id roster barnes over brasier if i had to pick rn, neither have me excited or confident MIN - Its Parker for lions share with Rodgers getting the left

What do you say to the God of Blown Saves?    Not Today (unless you’re Jose Leclerc)

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Since his demotion, Leclerc has pitched 5 innings, struck out 8, allowed 1 run and 5 baserunners. I own no shares, but that has to be encouraging for his owners. 

Except he walked four of those five base runners (three a few nights ago) and that's the main number I am looking at before adding to my lineup again.   He's always been pretty hard to hit but giving up all those passes will continue to haunt him.  We saw last year what he could do when under control so there's insane upside but... 

• Like 1
On 5/11/2019 at 1:06 PM, SpartyOn4 said:

A lot of top relievers have high walk rates. It’s not that big of a deal when you strike out almost 2 batters per inning. Moronta’s numbers right now are similar to Aroldis Chapman’s last year.

His ERA and FIP are both under 2 for good reason. His slider is nearly unhittable and his fastball flirts with triple digits. He’s one of the most exciting relievers in the game and absolutely a stud closer in the making.

still a work in progress.  See Leclerc above...

Edited by knuckleheads
1 hour ago, CraftyRighty said:

Anyone staring at Jeffress on the wire with a gut feeling he will be closing my June?

Yes but not the full gig. He'll get a share of it depending on how Hader is used in a given day.  Good numbers the past few weeks although the current k rate won't cut it.

8 hours ago, knuckleheads said:

Except he walked four of those five base runners (three a few nights ago) and that's the main number I am looking at before adding to my lineup again.   He's always been pretty hard to hit but giving up all those passes will continue to haunt him.  We saw last year what he could do when under control so there's insane upside but... 

It was really just the one bad outing with the 3 walks. It's not like he avoided walks last year when he was un-hitable. He just need to be passable again. Not necessarily plus command.

Edited by Slatykamora
49 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

It was really just the one bad outing with the 3 walks. It's not like he avoided walks last year when he was un-hitable. He just need to be passable again. Not necessarily plus command.

Well it's not just one bad outing it's all the bad outings that have led to his removal from the closers role. Nevertheless, I agree he doesn't need plus command to be good but his walk rate needs to be about half of what it currently is to be successful. Yesterday's outing was encouraging.

The thing with LeClerc is he's been pretty shaky with his control his whole career. The hope was he turned a corner last year but I don't think it can be ruled out that this is just who he is and last year was a bit of an outlier where he put it all together for a full season.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, fletch44 said:

The thing with LeClerc is he's been pretty shaky with his control his whole career. The hope was he turned a corner last year but I don't think it can be ruled out that this is just who he is and last year was a bit of an outlier where he put it all together for a full season.

It's possible...

Can somebody please clarify Jose Alvarado's role? He was dropped in my league so I immediately picked him up without doing any checking. I knew he wasn't the full time closer but my league counts holds so I assumed he could help me there. But after looking, it doesn't look like he's getting saves or holds.

9 minutes ago, DFWSooner said:

Can somebody please clarify Jose Alvarado's role? He was dropped in my league so I immediately picked him up without doing any checking. I knew he wasn't the full time closer but my league counts holds so I assumed he could help me there. But after looking, it doesn't look like he's getting saves or holds.

Still part of a committee. Mainly he and Castillo  He was in line for a save on Saturday but Tampa scored a bunch in the 8th. I think it happened another time earlier in the month as well. A bit of bad luck for owners but he's sharing the role and is valuable in holds leagues 

Edited by knuckleheads
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, DFWSooner said:

He was in line for a save a few days ago and the Rays scored a bunch in the 8th. 

Me thinks they are being judicious with him because they don’t want him to fade. 

Still good for a share of the role.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, DFWSooner said:

He should still get saves and holds. I own him in the same format and not thinking twice about dropping him. He is filthy.

• Like 3

By process of elimination, it seems like Roenis Elias is the only guy we could reasonably expect to get the next SEA save opp. I mean, everyone else in the pen is either a nightmare, non-late relief, or both.

7 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

By process of elimination, it seems like Roenis Elias is the only guy we could reasonably expect to get the next SEA save opp. I mean, everyone else in the pen is either a nightmare, non-late relief, or both.

I would be intrigued to see what Brennan could do in that role.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

Only until Hunter Strickland gets back next month 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, CraftyRighty said:

Anyone staring at Jeffress on the wire with a gut feeling he will be closing my June?

Not available on my wire. But listening to industry experts,they seem to think that milwaukee really wants to use hader in high leverage situations like maybe with runners on,heart of the order or for 6 outs kind of a thing.  You really have to speculate in some leagues and thats not a crazy thought at all.

• Like 1

For those still wondering about the LAA situation Buttrey is in with the bottom of the order up 1 in the 8th. This further solidifies my belief and that of many others that Robles is the guy right now. 

Edit: I just realized he came in during the 7th and was brought back out in the 8th. He’s the fireman. 

Edited by BostonCajun
  • Like 2
12 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

For those still wondering about the LAA situation Buttrey is in with the bottom of the order up 1 in the 8th. This further solidifies my belief and that of many others that Robles is the guy right now. 

Edit: I just realized he came in during the 7th and was brought back out in the 8th. He’s the fireman. 

Yeah. He came in to face the heart of the Twins order. They just let him go 2 to bridge the gap between him and Robles. Seems those are the only 2 RP the manager trusts at all. It's been pretty clear he's being used in the highest leverage spots while Robles has a defined role in the 9th inning.

• Like 1

Yeah, I think Robles is clearly the 9th inning guy at this point. I figured all along that Buttrey would be used in the fireman role, but at this point I don't know how it could be considered a committee anymore.

• Like 1

Safe to drop Buttrey at this point?  I know he got that one save a few weeks ago and I think he's the best pitcher in the Angels bullpen, but it seems pretty clear at this point that he's not going to get many, if any, save opportunities rest of the season