oswald737

2019 May Closer Thread

2 hours ago, Baur10 said:

Do I really have to own Steve Fing Cishek now? Ugh.  

he has been VERY solid across the board since the start of the 2016 season...and he is getting save opps in chicago

Edited by ASHLANDARROWS1992

7 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

he has been VERY solid across the board since the start of the 2016 season...and he is getting save opps in chicago

Yeah yeah I own him.  He should be serviceable while he has the gig.  Just a thoroughly unsexy pick up.  The Game of Saves hasn't been going in my favor so far this year.

1 minute ago, Baur10 said:

Yeah yeah I own him.  He should be serviceable while he has the gig.  Just a thoroughly unsexy pick up.  The Game of Saves hasn't been going in my favor so far this year.

gotcha...just giving you the stats from the start of the 2016 season, he has been very solid for that going on the last 3 1/2 seasons now

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

It does seem like the manager's plan is for Leclerc to get right and start closing again. Leclerc hasn't really been cooperating though. And neither has Martin, tbh.

Why do you say that about Martin?  WHIP hasn't been elite, but ERA is under 3.  17 Ks in 15.1 IP.  Converted the only save op he's been given.  Hasn't allowed a run in 6 straight appearances.  Hasn't allowed more than 1 since 3/31.

1 minute ago, 89Topps said:

Why do you say that about Martin?  WHIP hasn't been elite, but ERA is under 3.  17 Ks in 15.1 IP.  Converted the only save op he's been given.  Hasn't allowed a run in 6 straight appearances.  Hasn't allowed more than 1 since 3/31.

I read his post to mean Martin is pitching well, and therefore not cooperating with the plan for Leclerc to take the closer spot back.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SpartyOn4 said:

I read his post to mean Martin is pitching well, and therefore not cooperating with the plan for Leclerc to take the closer spot back.

Reading it again, I think you're right.  My bad @Fiveohnine

• Like 2

Parker comes in top 8 with 2 outs and 2 on, gets the K (Ohtani).

T. Hildenberger is pitching. Hmmm

5 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

T. Hildenberger is pitching. Hmmm

yeah what's that about? Parker bails you out and then you yank him out of the save opp. sweet.

edit, I didn't check his pc from last night...was it just the usage maybe? felt they didn't want to overdo it?

Edited by Members_Only_76

1 minute ago, Members_Only_76 said:

yeah what's that about? Parker bails you out and then you yank him out of the save opp. sweet.

edit, I didn't check his pc from last night...was it just the usage maybe? felt they didn't want to overdo it?

Either way it's irritating.  Have been waiting for Parker's next SVO to validate holding over guys like Martin/Cishek, and today we're getting blueballed. 

2 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Has to be from all the Pitches last nigh. Otherwise makes no sense. 

Hildenberger's Era coming in today was nearly 7. Its going up for sure. I dont get the Parker yank job........

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Has to be from all the Pitches last nigh. Otherwise makes no sense. 

19 pc, and think he was totally fresh before last night....Angels already scored 2 off Hildenblows. and now 2 men on, 1 out with go ahead run at plate.

Sweet managing Rocco you really showed them!  Cool new hip manager reporting for blowing games.  Did your cool hip analytics tell you that the one high leverage out recorded in the 8th was too stressful to go back out for the 9th?

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 2

Rodgers should have been in.  Don't care about matchups.

Edited by B&F

1 minute ago, Members_Only_76 said:

19 pc, and think he was totally fresh before last night....Angels already scored 2 off Hildenblows. and now 2 men on, 1 out with go ahead run at plate.

He didn’t pitch on Monday but threw two innings Sunday and only needed 15 pitches to do so. Kind of odd usage today but I don’t think it indicates his role may change. I think the bullpen pecking order is still the same here. 

1 minute ago, BostonCajun said:

He didn’t pitch on Monday but threw two innings Sunday and only needed 15 pitches to do so. Kind of odd usage today but I don’t think it indicates his role may change. I think the bullpen pecking order is still the same here. 

...but it makes NO sense.  Like, at all.

2 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

maybe manager was a little too comfortable with that lead and felt the danger was put out by Parker and so let him rest?

Good Riddance 

Twins optioned RHP Trevor Hildenberger to Triple-A Rochester.

Hildenberger has really struggled as of late, giving up three runs in just 1/3 of an inning on Wednesday and allowing at least two runs in five of the last six appearances. His ERA now sits at an ugly 8.36 over 14 innings. A corresponding move to replace Hildenberger will be announced before the Twins' game on Thursday against the Mariners.

14 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

Good Riddance 

Twins optioned RHP Trevor Hildenberger to Triple-A Rochester.

Hildenberger has really struggled as of late, giving up three runs in just 1/3 of an inning on Wednesday and allowing at least two runs in five of the last six appearances. His ERA now sits at an ugly 8.36 over 14 innings. A corresponding move to replace Hildenberger will be announced before the Twins' game on Thursday against the Mariners.

good thing they pulled Parker out to give Trevor a chance today, :blink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1