oswald737

2019 May Closer Thread

30 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Who knows what Boston is doing.  I don't even think their manager knows at this point.

In my opinion, I would just put the whole situation out of it's misery and bring in somebody, but that's just me.  One of the dumb things though is Brasier wasn't even that bad in the role.  One of his blown saves wasn't even his fault (Devers botching an easy grounder), but still, he's been solid overall.  Although when you really think about it, the team generates hardly any save opportunities, so I'm not sure how much it matters right now.

Yeh well said

Hate to drop due to what could be but what could be in this game burns me more than not

1 hour ago, cyberer said:

These are the 2 I’ve chosen to hold in my deep NL only. Moronta is filthy, recent numbers notwithstanding. The Miami guys have some appeal too. 

I believe it's going to be Dyson, personally. 

2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

I believe it's going to be Dyson, personally. 

It's possible, but that just feels like a lateral move for the organization. I think it's just as likely that all 3 of dyson, melancon and smith get traded and they go to the future. 

Looks like we may get Walden for the save opp in HOU. He's warming while Barnes finishes the 8th.

Meanwhile in KC, Ian Kennedy allowed one and bases loaded with just a 2 run lead now.

EDIT: To follow up, Barnes likely in for the 8th to face Bregman, Brantley

Kennedy BS and the game heads to the bottom of the 9th tied at 7.

Edited by Lebanasty
Follow up

4 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Is he in line to receive one of the 6 save chances the Royals will have rest of season?

Kennedy implodes today with the blown save while diekman with another strong outing

Walden for the save, don't know anything about him. 6-0, and nice numbers, but watched him today and he left 3-4 pitches in the heart of the zone up... last out was hammered to deep track in right center. Leaving balls high w/ minimal bite is very dangerous, especially in the AL East parks. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Kennedy implodes today with the blown save while diekman with another strong outing

That should’ve sealed it for Kennedy, enough is enough.

22 minutes ago, LarryChip10 said:

Walden for the save, don't know anything about him. 6-0, and nice numbers, but watched him today and he left 3-4 pitches in the heart of the zone up... last out was hammered to deep track in right center. Leaving balls high w/ minimal bite is very dangerous, especially in the AL East parks. 

He certainly isn’t the stereotypical closer but they’re running thin on options. 

Who is the Royals next up? Not that the pen there should be counted on for much...

Just now, nlm said:

Who is the Royals next up? Not that the pen there should be counted on for much...

Multiple sites have different guys as the “next up”..think diekman has the best numbers, and is a high K guy also

Rox situation is getting interesting 

Is Givens done in Baltimore?

Edit: Lol. These Orioles relievers can't get an out. Givens brought in for the 9th.

Edited by michaelai3

7 minutes ago, michaelai3 said:

Givens, 4 blown saves in a row...

this is par for the course. Orioles manager is not even worried about it.

Just now, Members_Only_76 said:

Anderson in for the Angels save opp. 

Lol 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Lol 

Tying run on 2nd. No out. 

5 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Anderson in for the Angels save opp. 

Why didn’t they just leave Pena in?!

• Like 2

Walden's numbers look real good this year. I'm adding.