oswald737

2019 May Closer Thread

4 minutes ago, nlm said:

Leclerc does look nasty, for what it's worth. *knocks on wood*

Jinxed it. 

3 minutes ago, MoonyGray said:

Jinxed it. 

Tried to knock on wood. I still find it stupid that he's being eased back in the way he is. Opener, random spots, etc. Either give him some sort of missive or let him know he isn't going to close. I hate the back and forth crap.

Now he might be hurt. Leaving the game. Dumpster fire.

Edited by nlm

1 minute ago, nlm said:

Tried to knock on wood. I still find it stupid that he's being eased back in the way he is. Opener, random spots, etc. Either give him some sort of missive or let him know he isn't going to close. I hate the back and forth crap.

Now he might be hurt. Leaving the game. Dumpster fire.

Wow. Talk about a week ruiner now. 

Rage dropping Leclerc. What a joke. Threw a loogy of a curve just meat. 

Just now, MoonyGray said:

Wow. Talk about a week ruiner now. 

At least this opens an IL slot and I can pick somebody up who won't kill my ratios or rot on my bench. Seriously.

Just now, Members_Only_76 said:

Rage dropping Leclerc. What a joke. Threw a loogy of a curve just meat. 

I want to as well, but he may be hurt now. Might want to wait if you have an IL slot to place him in. That's what I plan on doing as soon as possible. He was just removed and trainers were on the mound. 

Meh. Not worth it. He will be DTD for like three days and that’s three days of lost production. His season is over, for me anyway!

Leclerc might be dead.  Vogelbach might have killed him.

That ball was annihilated.

• Like 1

At least we finally have clarity in Texas...leclerc should never see the ninth inning again. Congrats to Kelley owners

33 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

At least we finally have clarity in Texas...leclerc should never see the ninth inning again. Congrats to Kelley owners

Who just blew his last save opp? Yeah, congrats to Kelley owners. Enjoy the ride! It'll be like Hansel Robles, but more exciting!

Edited by nlm

8 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

That is much better news than shoulder stiffness, which he had been dealing with. Good to hear. I still think he can lockdown the ninth for the Rangers. Their pen is simply a mess and his stuff is so much better than anyone else they have... If he can just get the mental aspect down a little bit. A LITTLE bit.

When evaluating Leclerc's pitching I only look at the walks and K's and he struck out 2 and walked no one.  What he was doing a month ago was frustrating as hell but most of his troubles were related to his high walk rate.   He's been much better the last two weeks and if he continues to throw the ball over the plate he will be ok. 

Does that mean he'll be their closer soon?  I have no idea but stick with the strike to walk to innings ratios...  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, knuckleheads said:

When evaluating Leclerc's pitching I only look at the walks and K's and he struck out 2 and walked no one.  What he was doing a month ago was frustrating as hell but most of his troubles were related to his high walk rate.   He's been much better the last two weeks and if he continues to throw the ball over the plate he will be ok. 

Does that mean he'll be their closer soon?  I have no idea but stick with the strike to walk to innings ratios...   

He also has a really nice k/9 right now. I agree, I can't read minds as to when he may or may not be reinserted as closer, but just a day or two ago that was the hot gossip. I would say if this was just dehydration, if he can continue to keep the walks down without giving up meatballs, he is by far and away their best option. Does that mean he gets the job back? Who knows... but Shawn Kelley isn't the answer there. I know the Rangers love to change closers every 5 minutes, but they also have made it pretty clear they want Leclerc to get the job back eventually. If you're going to drop him, I hope for your sake he doesn't figure it out. Because that pen does not have a clear cut closer outside of Leclerc right now.

if I remember correctly lately with Boston, Walden was getting used mid game and Workman was getting used late. yesterday it was the opposite, Workman was used in the 7th, and Walden came on after Barnes (8th) to get the save.

Is the “shoulder stiffness” a worry with Leclerc?

1 minute ago, largeshot said:

Colome with the win and save!

Hot damn. GB a great double header.

Edited by AnonymousRob

Blake Parker gets thrown into a non save situation up 5-0 in the 8th and he promptly gives up a 2 run hr. Never fails. I assume he was just getting some work since he hasn’t pitched but two innings in the last couple weeks-ish. 

Rogers taken out, one out away from a save. He gave up a homer to Grandal but came back with two consecutive strikeouts where he was nasty.

Edited by Ace_King

5 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

Rogers taken out, one out away from a save. He gave up a homer to Grandal but came back with two consecutive strikeouts where he was nasty.

Because the fearsome Herman Perez is coming up? With a 2 run lead, no one on and 2 outs? What a joke. Just more over-thinking by people who shouldn’t consider thinking their strong suit. 

Edited by Junkie Cosmonaut
  • Like 2