13 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Elias in the 8th. 2 inning save coming?

danny devito no GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Man, there's some sad options at the bottom of the closer barrel this year

• Like 1

7 hours ago, B&F said:

Robles two straight appearances without a K.    Anyone else concerned?

I'd be more worried about him getting shelled again.

time to have leagues without saves as a category. how hard is it to pitching one inning and keep the lead?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eddie Mush said:

I'd be more worried about him getting shelled again.

With Robles blowing another save today, any chance Buttrey will finally get a chance to close now or is that just a pipe dream on my part?

3 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

With Robles blowing another save today, any chance Buttrey will finally get a chance to close now or is that just a pipe dream on my part?

wouldn't be shocked to see Allen get a crack soon...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Members_Only_76 said:

:(  Buttrey has been so good.  Is there anything he can do to get the closer's role?

6 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

It’s pretty obvious Buttrey is the best arm in that ‘pen by a decent margin, but I think you might be right with Allen. His velo looks better:

Month Fourseam Curve
3/19 91.45 81.25
4/19 92.89 82.90
5/19 93.06 83.21
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, FootballFan101 said:

:(  Buttrey has been so good.  Is there anything he can do to get the closer's role?

agree, and that's why they like him in the fireman role. he could get some save chances too just depends on game flow/matchups...

• Like 1

Man, that SEA pen is a mess. I'd suggest they go with Brennan for awhile, but he just got shelled a night or two ago.

1 hour ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I sure hope not. He’s still too easy to hit.

14 minutes ago, nlm said:

Man, that SEA pen is a mess. I'd suggest they go with Brennan for awhile, but he just got shelled a night or two ago.

Sadzeck is the guy, best arm they have.

2 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Sadzeck is the guy, best arm they have.

How far is he considered on the depth chart?

5 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

How far is he considered on the depth chart?

Behind Elias and Brennan or right there with Brennan. I don't know exactly what's going on, but that seems to be the hierarchy. I would fully expect Hunter Strickland to get a shot to close pretty much right when he comes back.

The thing is, it seems like they like to use Sadzeck as a fireman, or in that type of role. So I don't know where that puts him on the pecking order for saves or save chances. I'm sure he could see some moving forward.. he probably has been their best arm this year. Which isn't saying a ton but still so. He has solid numbers.

Edited by nlm

1 minute ago, nlm said:

Behind Elias and Brennan or right there with Brennan. I don't know exactly what's going on, but that seems to be the hierarchy. I would fully expect Hunter Strickland to get a shot to close pretty much right when he comes back.

Have him stashed, IF he comes back fully healthy, gotta figure it is his job to lose once he gets back into the role

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Have him stashed, IF he comes back fully healthy, gotta figure it is his job to lose once he gets back into the role

Yeah same, I actually had drafted him and held on all of this time. I do wonder how effective he will be... after the type of injury, and already having a sketchy past as a closer. I'm holding for sure since I've heard he's begun throwing, but I'm tempering my expectations.

7 minutes ago, nlm said:

Yeah same, I actually had drafted him and held on all of this time. I do wonder how effective he will be... after the type of injury, and already having a sketchy past as a closer. I'm holding for sure since I've heard he's begun throwing, but I'm tempering my expectations.

No major expectations from me either..figuring cishek will lose the gig when strop returns, but hoping my kimbrel and Strickland stashes pay off with some saves starting sometime in June..lol

3 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

No major expectations from me either..figuring cishek will lose the gig when strop returns, but hoping my kimbrel and Strickland stashes pay off with some saves starting sometime in June..lol

I'm in the same boat as you haha. Just from reading your posts in the bench coach forums, our leagues sound very similar. I'm save chasing in the 2nd half as well...annnnyway, just an observeration, and Maddon is very loyal but I wouldn't count Cishek out. Strop has never really strived as the closer, and the Cubs likely aren't getting Morrow back this year (IMO). There's always a hot chance Strop is "Eased back" into the role or struggles upon return. I really like Cishek too... as a fan I want them to stick with him, almost.

Kimbrel should sign once the draft concludes. I could see him in Washington...or hell even Milwaukee. The Cubs even make sense but I don't know if they'd want to shell out the money he will ask for.

Edited by nlm

Someone mentioned Cody Allen as potentially getting a shot of his job back and I agree that may happen again.   He has a long history of just stinking it up for parts of the year then coming back and being dominant (or at least pretty darn good).  Anyone who has ever owned him can contest to that fact.    He's still only 30 years old (thought around 34ish) so one would think age wasn't a big factor.  Wear and tear of course could be but he's come back so often that I just wouldn't put it past him. 

Personally,  I don't think I'll grab him but wouldn't be surprised to see him back in that role either...   

Edited by knuckleheads

2 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If the Giants trade Smith, what's stopping them from dealing Melancon, Watson, Dyson as well?  Sure they won't get much for them, but lower level products will help the Giants. I'm thinking Moronta is eventually the guy.