oswald737

2019 May Closer Thread

15 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

Jeffress going to finally get a save chance tonight? Currently up 2-1 in the 8th and the fat guy just threw the 7th with Guerra going in the 8th. 

Darth Hader had a 2 inning yesterday.

Well, they decided to leave Guerra in for the 2 inning save and he went on to lob up the game tying homer to Alonso.

That’s what the Brewers get. 

Brewers can't be having this guys going out and pitching 2 innings saves all the time. ITS pretty well established that a lot of RP don;t seem to be able to get more then maybe 3-4 outs before they start to hinge.

Martin pitched in the 8th. Looks like Kelley tonight.

No mention of Treinen elbow discomfort here? Not thought to be serious but when the upside on the chance he is is Lou Trivino...

edit: Someone just beat me to it lol

Edited by loro1991

"Elbow discomfort" is the vaguest of the vague.  A decent chance he goes on the DL even if it's not serious.  He hasn't pitched since the 28th.  

Trivino sounds like the guy, coming from the managers mouth.  He's owned in many leagues already, but definitely worth an add until we get more news.  

I swear if the Blue Jays to get this out...

Edit: Kelley in for the save!

Edited by michaelai3

^  You know there's a part of you that thinks Melvin would use Soria or Rodney to close.  

6 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

"Elbow discomfort" is the vaguest of the vague.  A decent chance he goes on the DL even if it's not serious.  He hasn't pitched since the 28th.  

Trivino sounds like the guy, coming from the managers mouth.  He's owned in many leagues already, but definitely worth an add until we get more news.  

Elbow discomfort in fantasy baseball has a 31.4% chance of 👋 

1 minute ago, CraftyRighty said:

Elbow discomfort in fantasy baseball has a 31.4% chance of 👋 

And since the fantasy gods spared Sale and DeGrom and were merciful with them I'm thinking they will be hungry for blood and demand sacrifice 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Leclerc much better in a lower leverage inning.  Kelley got the save tonight!  Woot woot!

In the midst of all the Treinen talk...Shawn Kelley gets the save for the Rangers after Martin pitched the 8th. Looks like the pecking order has been set. 

2 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

In the midst of all the Treinen talk...Shawn Kelley gets the save for the Rangers after Martin pitched the 8th. Looks like the pecking order has been set. 

With the Rangers check being cashed by Leclerc already not a chance in Hillary Leclerc doesn’t get the job back 

6 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I hope they just put Leclerc in a setup role and pump Kelley's numbers for trade.

2 minutes ago, CraftyRighty said:

With the Rangers check being cashed by Leclerc already not a chance in Hillary Leclerc doesn’t get the job back 

I never said anything about the chances of Leclerq getting the job back. I said the pecking order has been set, and it has. Kelley will close and Martin will set up as long as Kelley performs. How long it lasts is completely up in the air. 

1 minute ago, michaelai3 said:

I hope they just put Leclerc in a setup role and pump Kelley's numbers for trade.

I think he's going to be in low-pressure situations for now, and they'll evaluate from there. 

6 minutes ago, michaelai3 said:

That’s not how it works anymore. GMs want good pitchers. They’re not dumb enough to pay more because a guy has saves.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

^  You know there's a part of you that thinks Melvin would use Soria or Rodney to close.  

Scooped up trivino just in case, but even though he is the best option, would not be shocked if soria was in the save mix..lol

Woodward just said in the postgame press conference that it’s Leclerc’s job once he’s ready. Also said that the bullpen will be unconventional in the meantime and will mix and match.

• Like 2