Sign in to follow this  
fawkes_mulder

Bryan Reynolds 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Part of the McCutchen trade, he's off to an 8 game hit streak to start his MLB career, batting .423 with a 23.1% K rate (0 BB%).

1.181 OPS at AAA prior to getting called up.

Good chance he loses playing time soon with Marte, Polanco, and Melky Cabrera in the OF healthy. And CDick presumably waiting in the wings.

However I do think the kid is a good natural hitter and I've seen scouting reports that think eventually he settles in as an everyday player.

Interesting guy to monitor in deeper dynasty leagues.

When he gets traded I’ll add him, should be an all star then. Pitt is a black hole for top prospects now.

Dude has been amazing. He's got like a 150 wRC+ since last July in the minors to today. I don't know how fantasy relevant he is but he has 6 HR this year already and only had 5 last year. I'll be doing a write up on him soon and I'll post here if I find anything interesting 

He's been playing nearly everyday but they were just playing in AL parks. I imagine he'll play nearly everyday while hot and they can rest Polanco, Marte. and Melk dud.

1 hour ago, MrBrown said:

He's been playing nearly everyday but they were just playing in AL parks. I imagine he'll play nearly everyday while hot and they can rest Polanco, Marte. and Melk dud.

So safe to insert in weekly? I need an OF replacement and it is plain to see this guy is a 300 hitter no matter what level he is at

Can we call him Deadpool?

I've added. No one else interested? Hitting behind Bell and Polanco now too and showing power and on base ability.

On 5/20/2019 at 4:29 PM, swfcdan said:

I've added. No one else interested? Hitting behind Bell and Polanco now too and showing power and on base ability.

I think he is a sneaky pickup.  Hopefully worst case he will just be AVG help so I'm more then okay with that as a 4th OF or bench player.

Picked him up on Wednesday, accidentally left him on bench yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by a pinch hit home run.

His MILB track record indicates he knows how to put the bat on the ball.  I'm starting to feel the same way about batting average in 2019 as I have about stolen bases for the last few decades: very ******** tough to find on the waiver wire.

If he can be productive with counting stats and keep batting fifth for a while, I'll take the multi-OF slot batting average for a while.  

Was the 2 hole hitter tonight. Will pick up & see what happens with him. He has made some sneaky improvements over the past 2 seasons & hits the ball hard. xBA of .288 is still pretty good even if he is due for some regression. 

Anyone got any thoughts on this guy going forward? I picked him up the other day, wondering if he can relatively keep this up (good spot in order and plus avg) 

When Dickerson is recalled there won't be any place for him to play every day.

His average is legit. Probably won't have too much power or speed but he can be a useful hitting role player, though ultimately perhaps more so in real life than in fantasy. 

1 hour ago, B&F said:

When Dickerson is recalled there won't be any place for him to play every day.

When Dickerson is recalled Dickerson won't have any place to play.  Or shouldn't anyway unless the Pirates do the tired old "vet respect" crap.  Reynolds has seized the moment and Dickerson isn't exactly a top tier hitter to do any better.

• Like 1

You could do a lot worse than Bryan Reynolds.

#realdeal

There doesn't seem to be alot of talk about this guy. Comparing his stats to cody bellinger the past 30 days and they are pretty close, compare them to mookie Betts and he has done better. Am I missing something this guy seems like a stud.

1 minute ago, Kramjam24 said:

There doesn't seem to be alot of talk about this guy. Comparing his stats to cody bellinger the past 30 days and they are pretty close, compare them to mookie Betts and he has done better. Am I missing something this guy seems like a stud.

He's played very well lately.  It's just a matter of sustainability.  The avg and plate disciple look legit, but I just don't think the power will translate for any extended period. 

8 minutes ago, Kramjam24 said:

Not a fair comparison at all. He is a good ball player, just not elite like the guys you mentioned. He will chip in 5-10 more homers probably and a few steals. The average could be sustainable though. I believe he could hit .300 or above the rest of the way.

Edited by Osu1456

1 hour ago, Osu1456 said:

Not a fair comparison at all. He is a good ball player, just not elite like the guys you mentioned. He will chip in 5-10 more homers probably and a few steals. The average could be sustainable though. I believe he could hit .300 or above the rest of the way.

agree... I see him more of a Andrew Benitendi type player, but playing in Pittsburgh not Boston, and not as good plate discipline.

14 hours ago, StevieStats said:

agree... I see him more of a Andrew Benitendi type player, but playing in Pittsburgh not Boston, and not as good plate discipline.

Also he is still very raw so has some room to grow better.

• Like 1

22 game on-base streak has him up to .350/.407/.562 

Dickerson coming back today has me feeling like he's going to be seeing the bench more often than lately unfortunately 😩

On 6/8/2019 at 10:14 AM, 6Kill said:

22 game on-base streak has him up to .350/.407/.562 

Dickerson coming back today has me feeling like he's going to be seeing the bench more often than lately unfortunately 😩

Dude, you were right.  Two totally undeserved benchings in a row since C-Dick returned.   This makes me sad.

He's too hot right now. Need to cool him off on the bench apparently. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1