Sign in to follow this  
fawkes_mulder

Bryan Reynolds 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

10 hours ago, Beakman said:

Dude, you were right.  Two totally undeserved benchings in a row since C-Dick returned.   This makes me sad.

They need to play Dickerson to establish his market. Nobody's going to want him if he's just sitting on the bench doing nothing.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/corey-dickerson

3 hours ago, Bobby Blue said:

They need to play Dickerson to establish his market. Nobody's going to want him if he's just sitting on the bench doing nothing.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/corey-dickerson

No one is going to want him if he plays and sucks too. 

Or want him period given how there are lots of outfielders losing teams want to move each year and no market for them.  Contenders want pitching each year.  Both starters and relievers.  Hitters being moved is extremely rare by comparison let alone an average one at best.  Heck when Judge and Stanton both return the Yankees will probably be dropping Maybin any other team can pick-up if needed off the waiver wire.

Meanwhile Reynolds NEEDS everyday reps at this stage of his career.  Pirates are messing things up again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

No one is going to want him if he plays and sucks too. 

Or want him period given how there are lots of outfielders losing teams want to move each year and no market for them.  Contenders want pitching each year.  Both starters and relievers.  Hitters being moved is extremely rare by comparison let alone an average one at best.  Heck when Judge and Stanton both return the Yankees will probably be dropping Maybin any other team can pick-up if needed off the waiver wire.

Meanwhile Reynolds NEEDS everyday reps at this stage of his career.  Pirates are messing things up again.

I agree with this. I think teams are too concerned about potential deals sometimes. Dickerson isn’t gonna get a big return and Reynolds is a MLB ready bat... really Reynolds is a little bit of power away from being a really really valuable player. 

• Like 1

Reynolds back in the 2-hole producing 💯

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 6Kill said:

Reynolds back in the 2-hole producing 💯

"Not bad for a bench bat."  ~  Pirates manager

• Like 1

This guy’s straight up raking but I’m wondering when he’s gonna come back down to earth...

• Like 1

Definitely one of the top rookies this year. Hasn't slowed down yet.

3 hours ago, 6Kill said:

This guy’s straight up raking but I’m wondering when he’s gonna come back down to earth...

Reynolds has not hit under .300 in any year dating back to his freshman year @ Vanderbilt. He probably hit well over .300 in HS too. I think his contact skills are REAL & the power will eventually come. Prime Murph type of bat with more K’s 

• Like 1

He’s the best pirates outfielder, and he’s pretty much playing every day now.

• Like 1

Seems to have flown under the radar compared to all the other big breakout years by other players.  Which was good for us owners so we could pick him up when no one was noticing.  Right up there with Garrett Cooper as waiver wire steal of the year right now.

• Like 3

Absolutely agree Reynolds has been the steal of the year thus far. Underrated. But one of the very best rookies in 2019.

2 minutes ago, lavaman said:

Absolutely agree Reynolds has been the steal of the year thus far. Underrated. But one of the very best rookies in 2019.

I think I'd go with Giolito, myself, but Reynolds is in the conversation.  

8 minutes ago, PapaBravo224 said:

Anyone have realistic projection for ROS Reynolds?   Very hard to slot him in anywhere for ROS rankings 

8Hrs, 40 runs, 35 rbis, .310 AVG, 4-7 Sbs.  Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2019 at 7:31 PM, lavaman said:

Well he is one of the OF hitting steals as well as Garrett Cooper.  And his fellow teammate, Kevin Newman, is making a splash now too.  And JP Crawford suddenly starting to show some stuff.  Been a good year for the youngins' for sure.  And Reynolds is among them I totally agree.

I also think of these four that Reynolds gets less "ink" as it were.  So he is more under the radar than the others.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

10 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Thoughts on his playing time and production going forward?

Just checked under the hood. Definite hold.

6 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Thoughts on his playing time and production going forward?

He is still hitting for average just fine.  Problem is Polanco is coming back and Dickerson is already back for some time and the Pirates have more outfielders than spots.  I'm holding in dynasties but for you in re-draft leagues just maybe monitor his ABs and hold if you can but it is league specific and depends on how many OFers you have on your team as well.  If they cut too far back on his ABs you may have to make a tough decision.

One of the best rookies in MLB this year. He should have full time AB's in that crowded OF, right??

1 minute ago, lavaman said:

One of the best rookies in MLB this year. He should have full time AB's in that crowded OF, right??

Yes

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lavaman said:

Yes and it is less crowded now that Corey Dickerson is gone.  Hell even DFA-ing Kang may help as utility guys will get more openings in the infield now and not in the outfield.  And he was already basically an every day player for a long time now anyway.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1

He is now tied for first w a .337 avg w McNeil

On 8/4/2019 at 1:58 PM, erik vulaj said:

Comparable to Jeff Mcneil?

Spot on...Scoop the Bucco now!

On 8/4/2019 at 10:58 AM, erik vulaj said:

Comparable to Jeff Mcneil?

I really don't see any resemblance.  Reynolds has a dark complexion, brown hair, and brown eyes.  McNeill has blue eyes and is quite fair.  

• Haha 4