Dirty Little Birdie

Gave Mondesi/D. German got Altuve. What do you guys think? WHIR

I feel Mondesi might end up ranked higher than Altuve next year. I won't be surprised he'll have a .280/20/50 line at the end of the year (similar to Trea Turner)? Having said that, there's nothing wrong with slotting Altuve in 2nd although he's in a terrible slump (hopefully he's not hiding an injury).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

I think that Mondesi is the best player in the deal to be honest.

i mean, i can see how one might get that inclination - however, altuve has been the best 2b option for years. for me to even think anyone is a better option than him they'll have to prove it for at least the duration of an entire season. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

i mean, i can see how one might get that inclination - however, altuve has been the best 2b option for years. for me to even think anyone is a better option than him they'll have to prove it for at least the duration of an entire season. 

He’s been in decline for 2 years now and he wasn’t the best 2B option last year. Jose Ramirez, Albies, Baez, Merrifield, Segura were better last year and that’s off the top of my head. This year Merrifield, Baez, Albies are already better.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

He’s been in decline for 2 years now and he wasn’t the best 2B option last year. Jose Ramirez, Albies, Baez, Merrifield, Segura were better last year and that’s off the top of my head. This year Merrifield, Baez, Albies are already better.

Not sure what league you're in that has Segura listed as a 2b eligible. He hasn't played 2b for 3 years. But ya, a few of those guys did end up with a  better overall year than Altuve last season. Before that though, it was Altuve landing in the top spot for a few years in a row. Truthfully, if I had Ramirez or Baez I wouldn't have offered the trade and for what its worth I still prefer Altuve over Albies and Merrifield as well

1 hour ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Not sure what league you're in that has Segura listed as a 2b eligible. He hasn't played 2b for 3 years. But ya, a few of those guys did end up with a  better overall year than Altuve last season. Before that though, it was Altuve landing in the top spot for a few years in a row. Truthfully, if I had Ramirez or Baez I wouldn't have offered the trade and for what its worth I still prefer Altuve over Albies and Merrifield as well

I’m talking about last year. Segura was eligible for 2B. I get where you’re coming from, but I think that you’re going by name value. Whit will steal double the bases that Altuve will and score as many runs. The differences in HR/RBI/AVG are not that significant. 

Edited by Thenewwildone8
  • Like 1

I like it for you.German is pitching well, but I can't help but feel like he's in over his head. Mondesi has been great, but it's a fair deal. Altuve is a proven star and his BA will obviously turn around.

• Like 1

I like the trade for you. You've got good pitchers and some guys that can steal.

• Like 1

Redraft I have no problem with it. If its keeper I probably would not have done it. Good luck!

• Like 1

It's fair. One could debate on between Mondesi and Altuve, and it's fair too since Mondesi has been great so far, but you still did fine.  Altuve is still great regardless.

• Like 1

It's a fair deal, the owner getting Mondesi/German has to keep his finger cross both perform at high levels. Mondesi could be a fantasy superstar, but who knows pitchers could possibly adjust to him being so aggressive and he could slow down. German has been pretty good but always hard to say what he'll give you over a full season being a COL SP. Altuve hasn't been quite as good as he's been in the past, but is still a proven top 2B. It does seem at the current trajectory you're going to lose out on quite a bit of SBs between the two however. 

• Like 1

It's a good deal for you in getting Altuve. German is due for regression as he has had the luxury of softer matchups thus far and lots of luck. I have my own potential Altuve deal...

Help please:

• Like 1