Sign in to follow this  
ST. STEVEN

Josh VanMeter 2019 Outlook

3 hours ago, DownSouthWolverine said:

Faces a ton of lefties this week.  Might not be worth the roster spot.

Any fans close to the Reds that have an idea of what it will be like this week?  Injuries are killing me and got him last week :(

35 minutes ago, boomzdaddy said:

Any fans close to the Reds that have an idea of what it will be like this week?  Injuries are killing me and got him last week :(

Same.  Injuries have forced me to roll with him as my 3B.  This riding the pine all the time against lefties though just won’t do.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Not even starting against a RHP now. Who'd this guy piss off? 

Huh, this is now madness. 3 lefties on the docket this week and he's sitting? I am so tired of Bell.

Some sites had Patrick Sandoval (a lefty) as the starter for the Angels today.  My player note on the ESPN fantasy app says Cole will be the opener for an inning or two but Sandoval will pitch the bulk of the game.  That's probably why Winker is heating leadoff (to face Cole) and then hitters 3-9 are all righties.  All of this stuff is madness.  Openers, bulk pitchers, extreme platoons for every lineup every day.  

To get better, these lefty players gotta play, play, play, play, but Bell's a hater and gonna hate, hate, hate, hate. I guess Josh just has to shake, shake, shake, shake, shake it off (until a new manager arrives).

• Like 3

The manager has to look these guys in the face every day. He's not gonna just give a veterans job to a, rookie that quickly. He's gonna slowly make the change. 

• Haha 2

Dude had more playing time when Puig and Gennett were still around ...

• Like 2

On 8/5/2019 at 6:41 PM, Kaii23 said:

The manager has to look these guys in the face every day. He's not gonna just give a veterans job to a, rookie that quickly. He's gonna slowly make the change. 

Have you looked at their roster? Peraza's had his chance and done nothing with it, Iglesias is a one year guy that the team owes nothing to. The only 'vets' on the team are Suarez, Votto, Barnhart. 

This falls more in line with him, and likely the org as a whole, being an idiot than trying to do the right thing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

Image result for i've fallen and i can't get up

in the lineup batting 4th tonight

Good enough to bat 4th but not good enough to play everyday....got it.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, umphrey said:

Don't the Reds have 4-5 OFs who are mashing right now?  Someone has to sit. 

No

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, umphrey said:

Don't the Reds have 4-5 OFs who are mashing right now?  Someone has to sit. 

It's not so much about that, he can play anywhere but is primarily a middle INF in minors...yet ol Bell is running out the string by playing a deserving (but only on a 1 yr deal) Inglesias and a crappy Peraza. That is was gets me.

• Like 1

For the most part a veteran only loses a job to injury or dreadful performance.  I guess Peraza isn't there yet.

On 8/9/2019 at 1:40 PM, elsegundo said:

No

Umm they do though... Senzel Winker Ervin Aquino are all playing great in addition to VanMeter

2 knocks and 2 runs with a SB outta the leadoff spot yesterday.

He will prob head back to the pine today because of a lefty opener, because can't have an emerging young talent face same handed pitching (even if proven capable).

Guy is gonna have some sweet eligibility for next year--and hopefully a new manager...

FYI, next week he has 8 games--7 of which are v RH.