Sign in to follow this  
DarinB300

Drop Mchugh for?? whir

Team in sig. Drop McHugh for any of the following: P Lopez, F Montas, Fiers?  Drop Buttrey for S Romo? 

League counts: W/L/S, IP, K, ER, Hits, BB, HBP

1 minute ago, DarinB300 said:

Team in sig. Drop McHugh for any of the following: P Lopez, F Montas, Fiers?  Drop Buttrey for S Romo? 

League counts: W/L/S, IP, K, ER, Hits, BB, HBP

I'm really high on Montas - he's great all season 

I also like the Romo add - i think he's the guy for the saves in Miami

• Thanks 1

Montas is probably the right call. I would probably stay the course with buttrey for now, last night was situational as to why he didn’t get a save.

Can you help with mine please?

• Thanks 1

I would absolutely drop him for Montas. Fiers has burned me in the past. Has a few good outings and looks amazing and then the wheels fall off, hard. As for Buttrey/Romo, since you don't count holds, Romo has more value for you, and it doesn't look like you have to worry about ERA or WHIP, so you'll be ok with him on your squad. Seems like LAA is favoring with Robles until they ultimately turn back to Allen. Buttrey will get the occasional save here and there, but Romo is the better, more longer term option. Thanks for the help on mine.

• Thanks 1

I’d drop for either Montas or Lopez, but lean Montas. Also drop Buttrey for Romo, since Romo seems to be THE closer in Miami now. Probably amounts to more save opps than Buttrey, though Buttrey should help your ratios and Ks a little more.

• Thanks 1

Seems like Montas is the choice. Now the question is, do I use the #1 WW for him?

In our league we have 3 bench spots & about 8 of the 12 teams (including myself) uses those for extra SP. I am thinking I should use it, because there are teams who need SP, so I know he won't clear waivers.

55 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Seems like Montas is the choice. Now the question is, do I use the #1 WW for him?

In our league we have 3 bench spots & about 8 of the 12 teams (including myself) uses those for extra SP. I am thinking I should use it, because there are teams who need SP, so I know he won't clear waivers.

In this case, I think I would go for Pablo and save the waiver assuming you think he would clear it while Montas would not. If you do not think either will then use the waiver on Montas. And yes, I would add Romo for Buttrey. Maybe keep an eye on him though in case the Angels decide to go more traditional with their closer approach and Robles continues to underwhelm.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

In this case, I think I would go for Pablo and save the waiver assuming you think he would clear it while Montas would not. If you do not think either will then use the waiver on Montas. And yes, I would add Romo for Buttrey. Maybe keep an eye on him though in case the Angels decide to go more traditional with their closer approach and Robles continues to underwhelm.

Pablo is currently a FA, so can get him now, if i want to. Montas was just dropped, so have to use a claim on him or hope nobody else will & pick him up at 4am.. 😎

3 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Pablo is currently a FA, so can get him now, if i want to. Montas was just dropped, so have to use a claim on him or hope nobody else will & pick him up at 4am.. 😎

In that case, maybe in the minority but I would add Pablo now. Like Montas more but not by the margin if the top waiver more. And who knows? maybe you get a nice surprise and Montas clears waivers so you can add him.

• Thanks 1

Drop McHugh for a OF upgrade, and then toss Buttrey for a INF upgrade 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

Drop McHugh for a OF upgrade, and then toss Buttrey for a INF upgrade 

Did you ever win a league with no pitching?

• Haha 1