J.T. Marlin

Rashaad Penny 2019 Outlook

12 minutes ago, phegotgame14 said:

name 1 detroit rb that ever had value fantasy wise

Jahvid Best

I personally do not think Penny gets traded. At the same time, I don't view it as unlikely to happen nor would I be shocked if it did. I just doubt other teams value Penny enough for Seattle to think it's worth it. I hope for everyones sake here and as a fan I am wrong. 

Yes, a backup RB for Seattle is extremely valuable. However, for a contender this team has A LOT of holes. They just lost their center, need a TE, could use a WR (almost a 0% they trade Penny for one), DESPERATELY need secondary help even with the acquisition of Diggs, and could use offensive line help. Other than WR, all the issues I list above are MUCH more pressing than a solid backup RB. Redskins would be a nice trade partner for help on the line but they're too stupid to get out of their own way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phegotgame14 said:

Does Barry GOD DAMN Sanders ring a bell to you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, phegotgame14 said:

They literally have one now he’s just injured. 

This is a bad argument.

9 hours ago, phegotgame14 said:

Kevin Jones 2004

He won't get traded - Seattle would never admit to their mistake and trade him less then a 2nd rounder - no one in their right minds would pay a 2nd rounder for penny - He's too injury prone 

1 minute ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I have to ask, what is all the hype with Penny all of a sudden? Did I miss something? Is Carson hurt?

It's not hype so much as "hope he gets traded into a starting gig"

4 minutes ago, maximuxx said:

He won't get traded - Seattle would never admit to their mistake and trade him less then a 2nd rounder - no one in their right minds would pay a 2nd rounder for penny - He's too injury prone 

You do not follow the team close enough if you think this. One reason they’ve been so successful is because they have absolutely zero problem admitting to mistakes if it helps them win. Look at Flynn as case study 1. They have a damn near undrafted RB that took the starting job in a heart beat from a first round pick. They paid for Eddie Lacey and dudes out of nowhere were starting over him. The list is endless. 

Edited by Gohawks

8 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I personally do not think Penny gets traded. At the same time, I don't view it as unlikely to happen nor would I be shocked if it did. I just doubt other teams value Penny enough for Seattle to think it's worth it. I hope for everyones sake here and as a fan I am wrong. 

Yes, a backup RB for Seattle is extremely valuable. However, for a contender this team has A LOT of holes. They just lost their center, need a TE, could use a WR (almost a 0% they trade Penny for one), DESPERATELY need secondary help even with the acquisition of Diggs, and could use offensive line help. Other than WR, all the issues I list above are MUCH more pressing than a solid backup RB. Redskins would be a nice trade partner for help on the line but they're too stupid to get out of their own way.

My thoughts too.  I'm hoping he gets dealt but Seattle has a bunch of nothing behind Carson.  So I doubt they move him unless somebody stepped in with a great offer.  They'd probably want like a 2nd rounder for him and nobody is paying that.  

So I think he'll stay put and waste away behind Carson.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, maximuxx said:

If the team didn’t have holes everywhere they probably wouldn’t. But they need help. The defense is mediocre Wilson has no receivers etc and Carson has been playing well. They could easily sign a backup RB off waivers. Penny doesn’t look like he’s the future of that team so why not sell him for something now.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

My thoughts too.  I'm hoping he gets dealt but Seattle has a bunch of nothing behind Carson.  So I doubt they move him unless somebody stepped in with a great offer.  They'd probably want like a 2nd rounder for him and nobody is paying that.  

So I think he'll stay put and waste away behind Carson.

I doubt they want picks for him. Most likely they’ll only trade him for a position they need help at and that player must be fairly above average. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

If the team didn’t have holes everywhere they probably wouldn’t. But they need help. The defense is mediocre Wilson has no receivers etc and Carson has been playing well. They could easily sign a backup RB off waivers. Penny doesn’t look like he’s the future of that team so why not sell him for something now.

Highly doubt the Lions trade for Penny as Kerryon Johnson is still their main guy.  He isn't going anywhere and his injury isnt that serious.  There are no other teams out there that needs an RB besides the Bucs / Washington / Bills / Fins / Texans   - I  don't see any of these teams trading for an RB

Bucs have Ronarldo 

Washington has Guice

Bills have SIngletary

Fins are a Hot Mess - Theyre rebuilding themselves

Texans are fine with Hyde at the moment.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I recently picked up Penny but I can't think of somewhere he would get traded to that I would feel comfortable starting him on a weekly basis.  Time will tell.  Less than five hours to be exact

46 minutes ago, maximuxx said:

Highly doubt the Lions trade for Penny as Kerryon Johnson is still their main guy.  He isn't going anywhere and his injury isnt that serious.  There are no other teams out there that needs an RB besides the Bucs / Washington / Bills / Fins / Texans   - I  don't see any of these teams trading for an RB

Bucs have Ronarldo 

Washington has Guice

Bills have SIngletary

Fins are a Hot Mess - Theyre rebuilding themselves

Texans are fine with Hyde at the moment.   

Dude he’s on IR. Serious or not he can’t play for 8 weeks. That’s a long time. And KJ hasn’t proven he can be the lead back and handle the brunt of the work.

Edited by StevenSC400

Procise inactive. TB tough against the run. Penny could be a sneaky play this week as a receiving back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sonny_D said:

Procise inactive. TB tough against the run. Penny could be a sneaky play this week as a receiving back. 

woopss. I cant brag. I start Amendola over penny we both suck.

5 hours ago, Sonny_D said:

I'm thinking you were serious, but not sure:/

Is there any reason to own this guy? I'm a Carson owner and picked him up just as insurance but the bye week looms...but I'm still not convinced he would be a RB1 shoe in

I dropped for someone else with the bye week coming but I will probably pick him back up later if he's still out there. I definitely think he's a worthy stash down the stretch because unlike many I think he'll easily slide in and absorb all of Carson's touches and do quite well with them