Sign in to follow this  
smeeze

Darrell Henderson 2019 Outlook

3 hours ago, brosephd said:

is he the most expensive handcuff due to the potential and offence? For the price not sure if his situation and potential is better than that of Mattison, Thompson, Justice Hill or others

Good chance he’s not purely a handcuff though. If he plays in a satellite back role (seems like it’s happening) there’s standalone ppr value to be had. But in the event of an injury to Gurley, Brown would see an increased role too though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brosephd said:

preseason but not doing much with his 11 carries or so tonight. 2.5 YPC

Running behind the poopy 2nd string OL. Depth on the Rams’ OL is a big issue.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2019 at 12:45 AM, timexsocialclub said:

Yes, different situations. Much better offense and a lead RB who hasn't had more than 20 carries in 8 of his last 9 games and is being scaled back. He's averaged 10.3 carries in his last 5.

Gurley's touches by game last season:

23, 22, 28, 21, 26, 30, 19, 31, 19, 19, 15, 26, 14, 22, 18, 5, 11

Interpret those numbers as you wish. But to me they seem to be going down, not up. 

I assume that he is scaled back in hopes to have a fully healthy Gurley for the playoffs. They're lucky as hell CJA was able to do what he did last season. They can win some games without him, you'd have to think he's saved for late. 

• Like 1

Malcolm Brown is the guy, not Henderson if Gurley goes down. They have been keeping brown out of the preseason because they know he’s valuable. 

Henderson hasn’t been great. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Malcolm Brown is the guy, not Henderson if Gurley goes down

According to who?

12 minutes ago, cs3 said:

According to who?

Just basing off of what is going on. 

One would think they would play both of them during the preseason. Also, I do believe the rams matched an offer for brown in the offseason. I think that’s a telling sign right there.  Not letting him go and then sitting him all preseason?

16 hours ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Just basing off of what is going on. 

One would think they would play both of them during the preseason. Also, I do believe the rams matched an offer for brown in the offseason. I think that’s a telling sign right there.  Not letting him go and then sitting him all preseason?

Is this your own take?  

Jim Sannes of numberFire just said the exact same thing in a podcast this morning.   

5 hours ago, Mathew Berry said:

Is this your own take?  

Jim Sannes of numberFire just said the exact same thing in a podcast this morning.   

I heard something weeks ago. Wondered why brown wasn’t even playing. 

Them resigning brown and having him sit is a huge tell to everyone. 

I think Henderson is a good cuff due to explosiveness. He might spell third downs. And if Gurley can’t go the he would be third down and eat as much as half carries in a share with Brown... with Brown getting goal line and early downs. But I went for upside as Henderson’s college stats indicate explosion. Reminds me of Kamara. But it is admittedly a lottery pick of sorts. Then again, I hit on Kamara. ;)

4 minutes ago, brosephd said:

drop city? looks like maclom was the guy the whole time. 

Depends what you're looking for.

Do you want the CoP pace to Gurley or the Handcuff to Gurley?
We've seen teams do this plenty of times in the past.
Malcom is the guy he plays beside on the field and they compliment eachother.
Henderson, is the guy who takes Gurley's place in the event of an injury.

I don't own Henderson.  I'm not a believer in handcuffs.  Last year people handcuffed Gurley all year long and what happened?  They sign CJA off the couch and he's an instant top 5 back.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, brosephd said:

drop city? looks like maclom was the guy the whole time. 

I already did. That coach talk b.s. about 9-12 touches weekly was just that. Disappointed I bought into any sort of stand alone flex value for this dude, and he clearly isn't even the handcuff.

Drop city indeed.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 5:22 PM, FFCollusion said:

Depends what you're looking for.

Do you want the CoP pace to Gurley or the Handcuff to Gurley?
We've seen teams do this plenty of times in the past.
Malcom is the guy he plays beside on the field and they compliment eachother.
Henderson, is the guy who takes Gurley's place in the event of an injury.

I don't own Henderson.  I'm not a believer in handcuffs.  Last year people handcuffed Gurley all year long and what happened?  They sign CJA off the couch and he's an instant top 5 back.

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 5:22 PM, Trifecta said:

I already did. That coach talk b.s. about 9-12 touches weekly was just that. Disappointed I bought into any sort of stand alone flex value for this dude, and he clearly isn't even the handcuff.

Drop city indeed.

The reason they signed CJA last year is because Malcom Brown was injured or he would have had the glory...

Also, it's early. I'm not against dropping Henderson for something good, but cant base his entire season on Week 1 usage.

I’m somewhat suspicious. 

Is is it possible McVay held something out until week 2 against the Saints? 

McVay is too damn smart to not have a crystal clear vision for a guy like Darrell. 

• Like 1

I'm not a Henderson owner, but dude looked good in preseason...way more explosive than Brown. 

If I have learned one thing in FF, it's to not overreact and drop people in the first 4 or 5 weeks of the season unless there's a really good reason.

• Like 3

I am holding within a certain regard. I hold in two leagues and waiver cut other for Brown. But rest assured... he will become a great talent. Reminds me when NO had Peterson, Ingram, and Kamara. Patience. 

• Like 2

As a gurley owner, just had someone drop him,going to scoop him up and see what happpens

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

I am holding within a certain regard. I hold in two leagues and waiver cut other for Brown. But rest assured... he will become a great talent. Reminds me when NO had Peterson, Ingram, and Kamara. Patience. 

Touche

4 hours ago, FooserX said:

I'm not a Henderson owner, but dude looked good in preseason...way more explosive than Brown. 

If I have learned one thing in FF, it's to not overreact and drop people in the first 4 or 5 weeks of the season unless there's a really good reason.

So true on second part. Never even crossed my mind not to hold. 

7 hours ago, brosephd said:

what are you guys doing if he gets no touches week 2, still patient?

In dynasty or a keeper league?  Hell yes.

In redraft, it would probably be time to cut bait