Sign in to follow this  
smeeze

Darrell Henderson 2019 Outlook

51 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Is this dude even fantasy relevant this year? Seems like Malcolm Brown is next up after Gurley. 

he got dropped, i claimed brown, so then i added Henderson, Arthritis doesnt go away so having all possible backups for Gurley seems like a good bet IMO and others should add if dropped as well

4 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

he got dropped, i claimed brown, so then i added Henderson, Arthritis doesnt go away so having all possible backups for Gurley seems like a good bet IMO and others should add if dropped as well

Even at a distant third ?

I reached for him on intuition in my draft and will be holding unless a Lindsay type RB hits the wire to bid on. Premature dropping has always been my Achilles heel in fantasy 

10 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Even at a distant third ?

For now yea, give it 2 more weeks and the picture might be more clear, too early and too much upside to not hold and see imo

• Like 1

Still don't understand why a lot of sites had him ranked as the handcuff over Brown. Henderson had a preseason and the Rams liked Brown enough to tender him.

1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

Nota bene.  This guy is starting to hit some waiver wires. 

Ixnay on the atinlay

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2019 at 8:03 PM, KennyWoo said:

Nota bene.  This guy is starting to hit some waiver wires. 

This guy gonna hit even more waivers this week. Posted another 0

Gurley and Brown are rotating drives. Henderson only subs in for either back if they need a rest. And considering the two of them are rotating drives Henderson will only see playing time if either of them gets injured. Safe drop in anything except keeper/dynasty leagues.

Brown (ankle) was listed as a limited participant for Wednesday's practice, Scott Petrak of the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram reports.

It's unclear how Brown picked up the injury, but this is the first time he's popped up on the injury report this season. He's been a solid fantasy asset behind starter Todd Gurley, rushing for 90 yards and two touchdowns thus far this season. At this point in the week, Brown should be thought of questionable for Sunday's game against Cleveland, and if he's forced to miss the game, Darrell Henderson would be in line for carries behind Gurley.

Henderson averaged NINE yards per carry his last two years in college. That is ridiculous. And he can catch. He had no value now but if Gurley had an extended absence my guess is Henderson leapfrogs Brown fairly quickly. 

4 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Henderson averaged NINE yards per carry his last two years in college. That is ridiculous. And he can catch. He had no value now but if Gurley had an extended absence my guess is Henderson leapfrogs Brown fairly quickly. 

How many NFL players did he go up against his college career?

Hint: it was more than zero and fewer than two.

8 hours ago, Ruut6 said:

I know he wasn't playing in the SEC but how many division 1 college RBs have put up gaudy numbers to that degree? I mean Pollard, who many were high on, was on the same team and didn't produce at nearly that level. 

8 hours ago, Ruut6 said:

I don’t think any college players played against NFL players while they were in college. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bronco Billy said:

I don’t think any college players played against NFL players while they were in college. 

semantics/ambiguities aside, that is the correct answer 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

This is pretty much it. He's worthless as worthless can be right now. If injuries happen, things might change, but it's definitely alarming that he can't even earn one touch per game right now. Remember that they signed CJ Anderson instead of giving John Kelly work last year. 

9 hours ago, Ruut6 said:

Now if you meant guys he played against (D players) in college who later made NFL teams, by my count I have 38 players who were drafted and made NFL rosters.  I do not have the UDFAs who made it and don’t intend to do that research.

• Thanks 1

Pick this guy up for Thursday (or Malcolm Brown if available). Drop your kicker for him. If Gurley gets hurt you have a potentially good rb for free. If Gurley doesn't get hurt Thursday just drop him for a kicker by Sunday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dms80790 said:

Pick this guy up for Thursday (or Malcolm Brown if available). Drop your kicker for him. If Gurley gets hurt you have a potentially good rb for free. If Gurley doesn't get hurt Thursday just drop him for a kicker by Sunday.

This only works (to my knowledge, though I only play in ESPN and Yahoo) in yahoo leagues. I hate that they allow that, but feel I need to take advantage since they do. Usually try to check ahead and see if there are kickers available for the Sun/Mon night games to grab and cycle through guys with that spot until then in case something hits.

What is the reason he has no carries. Is he behind on the playbook? Dog house or just waiting for the right moment to unleash? They drafted this kid in the 3rd rd. Understand Gurley is there but they can't find any way to get him involved at all?

I know this guy has done nothing all year but as a Gurley and Malcolm Brown owner I just picked this guy up until we know more about Gurley's injury. It sucks having three spots taken from the same position/team but if Gurley misses time it would be worth cornerning the market if you can afford it