mavsfan23

Dylan Carlson OF STL

[...] Not surprising though he’s only 20.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

the good news is that the cards dont typically play service times games with their prospects...so i think he has a real chance of making the team out of spring training next year.

even moreso if the cards don't re-sign ozuna.

doing whatever I can to get the #1 pick in our minor league NL only dynasty draft next year to grab this guy. already got K Rob, Gorman, Luciano, Chisholm, Varsho & Hoerner and we can only keep 5, but i'm willing to move Varsho & Hoerner to make this happen.

Personally I'd give up Gorman, but this isn't a thread for that discussion. Anyways, he's up to #27 on BA's most recent list and I suspect other publications like FG will move him up substantially in the off season when they have time to sort through everything.

Lots of lists has him ranked pretty high entering 2020. The trade of Randy Arozarena and Jose Martinez coupled with the loss of Ozuna has him aiming for a mid season call up at worst. His well balanced approach from both sides of the plate adds to most evaluators consensus of an above average player with the hope of evolving into an all-star. These same evaluators are concerned with lack of frame to grow into as he is already well built leading to a higher floor, but lower ceiling than most elite prospects. Watching some of his highlights shows a solid plate approach with mechanics to go along with the approach. Seems to have generated a lot of big dongs from the left side of the plate ensuring the power is real from either side. Even with the concerns of lack of room to grow much more I for one am very excited about this kid. What are your thoughts? 

Needs to be more noise on this kid. Switch hitter, good eye, good defender, and is on the verge of a starting job in early-2020. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, davidgoretiz said:

Needs to be more noise on this kid. Switch hitter, good eye, good defender, and is on the verge of a starting job in early-2020. 

Keep it down please

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, davidgoretiz said:

🤫🤫🤫

If you knew he was starting the year with the club, where would you take him? 

Steamer has him at .253/.320/.420 with a 94 wRC+. 

I'd be willing to be t the over on those, but its still no higher than a 150 pick. 

Posted (edited)

From what I've read it doesn't seem likely that he starts the season in the big leagues, but maybe that was expected all along even with a good spring. I've also noticed that he's been regularly batting 9th in spring training, although that could mean nothing. Would definitely like him more for 2020 if he's not buried too far down the lineup once he's up but guess that wouldn't be a shock for a 21 year old. 

Edited by KCTD25

Looks like they will play service time for a week and call him up

Got snagged in my league but I really do see an immediate contribution looking at his plate discipline

Wish I'd seen it coming :(

With Bader (.091 avg at the time of this post) and Fowler (.200) continuing to stink up the joint, I think the Carlson promotion is coming any day now. If he’s somehow still available in your league better stash now.

Is it games or days that they need to wait?

7 minutes ago, B&F said:

Is it games or days that they need to wait?

I think it’s days. 
Unfortunately the Covid outbreak could delay any call up.

1 hour ago, coleporter said:

I think it’s days. 

Wouldn't days be a benefit to Carlson owners since the Cardinals are missing games?

57 minutes ago, B&F said:

Wouldn't days be a benefit to Carlson owners since the Cardinals are missing games?

Well yeah, unless they have to postpone the games

2 hours ago, coleporter said:

I think it’s days. 

I misunderstood this.  Now I understand what is being said.

1 hour ago, B&F said:

• Like 1

Next Cardinal game Friday at earliest. I feel like the odds of seeing him this season are tilting towards unlikely 

Sounds like he'll be getting promoted whenever the Cards season resumes

As they await clearance from Major League Baseball to regather at the ballpark and resume their schedule after a coronavirus outbreak, the Cardinals must also add reinforcements for a roster that has been mothballed for more than two weeks. Two of the team’s most recent positive tests for the virus were outfielders, Lane Thomas and Austin Dean, and the Cardinals need to tap into the talent at their alternate site for players who are closer to game speed. That paves the way for Carlson’s promotion and other moves being planned, sources indicated.

• Like 1