BrianM

Dede Westbrook 2019 Outlook

There isn't a guy in the NFL that's more due for a big game than Dede.  If he got dropped in any of your leagues and is still available, grab him while you still can.  #1 waiver add next week.

10 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

What bias? Westbrook has still been good in PPR. Chark is getting the TDs so far.

Westbrook and Chark are both playable and I'm actively trying to trade for Chark so I can start both almost every week.

Bias because I'm a Jaguars fan.

23 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

I'm assuming the bias is him being a big jags fan 

Twas obvious. My comment was directed more about the statement being valid despite his fandom and perceived bias.

55 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

There isn't a guy in the NFL that's more due for a big game than Dede.  If he got dropped in any of your leagues and is still available, grab him while you still can.  #1 waiver add next week.

I don’t know about all that. I love DeDe don’t get me wrong. But so far in PPR he’s a WR3 with no upside really. Like a piranha taking small bites of yardage. Meanwhile here comes DJ and it’s Chark week all over again. Who do the Jags primarily go to in the Redzone ? Lenny & DJ right , or am I mistaken. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JJ1223 said:

He is available, but I’d have to drop mecole.  Or mattison. Or Kirk. I’m not sure i like his ceiling more than any of these

Dede and Corey Davis value is still living off college production hype. At least Davis has the excuse of being in an ancient, inept offensive scheme. Dede is just straight up getting outplayed by a 2nd year teammate that flew under the radar.

• Thanks 3

It seems Dede's turning into a trendy starter this week. Coming off a target hog game, Chark drawing Lattimore coverage, leaving Dede to slot corner PJ Williams, who's gotten lit up by Cooper Kupp, Chris Godwin and Tyler Lockett. Chark moves around, occasionally into the slot, but Dede plays there 86 percent of snaps.

Of course, this means he falls on his face Sunday. But is anyone jumping on?

1 hour ago, mjagger42 said:

It seems Dede's turning into a trendy starter this week. Coming off a target hog game, Chark drawing Lattimore coverage, leaving Dede to slot corner PJ Williams, who's gotten lit up by Cooper Kupp, Chris Godwin and Tyler Lockett. Chark moves around, occasionally into the slot, but Dede plays there 86 percent of snaps.

Of course, this means he falls on his face Sunday. But is anyone jumping on?

I have him in every one of my DFS lineups so....yea I've jumped on. Lol

The pundits all got boners for dede this week. The funnel looks to be headed his way. I think Minshew just brazenly targets Chark despite the Lattimore blanket. Good luck anyway.

38 minutes ago, TheBigBambino said:

Any news on shoulder injury?

Questionable but likely to play. Lee just got ruled out with an ankle which is big because he was cutting into his snaps in the 1st half before going down. Marrone says if Westbrook is active, then he'll play his full role. Only thing that scares me is that I can seeing the Jags going up big and 1. pounding Fournette and Armstead repeatedly and 2. Sitting Dede for Keelan Cole, why risk reinjury in a blowout.

All in all I think I am starting him at WR3 because of the Bengals' decimated secondary (Both starting CBs are out and they have very inexperienced depth) and his high floor to this point, but I am not confident about it. Hoping that the Bengals put up some points to keep it a game.

• Like 1

I think the Bengals can manage enough points to make throwing reasonable for the Jags. Dede should get at least his usual 7-9 targets.

14 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Foles apparently practicing soon. If he gets the job back it could be Dede time. 

Doubt he's back before the bye week

I’m forced to start him today therefore I no longer hate him and he has WR1 upside rest of season

3 minutes ago, phillyball said:

How do we think he does today?

He’s got a solid floor of like 7-8 points in .5ppr. If the Bengals actually put up some points and Fournette doesn’t go absolutely crazy then I can see Dede breaking double digits.

Looked like the Westbrook I initially thought I was drafted. Hopefully Minshew keeps looking for him in the slot like today.

Jaguars fan and Westbrook owner here. Thought I would share this quote with you guys from Doug Marrone's press conference on Monday and Westbrook's thoughts regarding his injury. For any other owners out there:

Marrone on Monday also lauded wide receiver Dede Westbrook, who caught six passes for a season-high 103 yards Sunday while playing through a shoulder issue that had him questionable on the injury report entering the weekend. Westbrook said after the game he has been dealing with the issue since a Week 4 victory over Denver and that he expects it could linger all season. “He’s tough as hell for a guy of his stature,” Marrone said. Five of Westbrook’s six receptions Sunday produced first downs. “One thing I like about Dede is once he gets the ball in his hands, he always has a chance to do something with it,” Marrone said. Marrone also said he expected veteran wide receiver Marqise Lee to return this week after missing Sunday’s game with an ankle injury sustained in a Week 6 loss to New Orleans.

Edited by jagsfan05

Is that supposed to be a good thing for his ROS outlook? He was on my radar as a pickup again after dropping prior to the game since I needed a TE. But this doesn’t sound encouraging to me.  Thanks for the info. 

28 minutes ago, nromn said:

Is that supposed to be a good thing for his ROS outlook? He was on my radar as a pickup again after dropping prior to the game since I needed a TE. But this doesn’t sound encouraging to me.  Thanks for the info. 

I wasn't saying it was a good or bad thing for his ROS outlook. I just was privy to this side news that probably isn't being posted everywhere since I follow the team. I just wanted to post it to help other owners out.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

I wasn't saying it was a good or bad thing for his ROS outlook. I just was privy to this side news that probably isn't being posted everywhere since I follow the team. I just wanted to post it to help other owners out.

I appreciate the info as it gives some context to the injury, which appeared to come out of nowhere. And I wasn’t asking sarcastically or anything, I was just curious if you had any between the lines thoughts based on that new info. It sounds to me like a play through it and have surgery in the off-season type of injury, which I don’t like the sound of. 

Edited by nromn
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, nromn said:

I appreciate the info as it gives some context to the injury, which appeared to come out of nowhere. And I wasn’t asking sarcastically or anything, I was just curious if you had any between the lines thoughts based on that new info. It sounds to me like a play through it and have surgery in the off-season type of injury, which I don’t like the sound of. 

No problem man! Just glad to help. And yeah, I can't read between the lines of it either. He's always been a tough guy so hopefully this doesn't get worse or make him miss any time.

2 hours ago, jagsfan05 said:

Jaguars fan and Westbrook owner here. Thought I would share this quote with you guys from Doug Marrone's press conference on Monday and Westbrook's thoughts regarding his injury. For any other owners out there:

Marrone on Monday also lauded wide receiver Dede Westbrook, who caught six passes for a season-high 103 yards Sunday while playing through a shoulder issue that had him questionable on the injury report entering the weekend. Westbrook said after the game he has been dealing with the issue since a Week 4 victory over Denver and that he expects it could linger all season. “He’s tough as hell for a guy of his stature,” Marrone said. Five of Westbrook’s six receptions Sunday produced first downs. “One thing I like about Dede is once he gets the ball in his hands, he always has a chance to do something with it,” Marrone said. Marrone also said he expected veteran wide receiver Marqise Lee to return this week after missing Sunday’s game with an ankle injury sustained in a Week 6 loss to New Orleans.

What is there to make of Dede playing less snaps? Only played 66% last week in a close game... He ceded a lot of time to Marquise Lee in Week 6 before Lee went out with an ankle, but he'll be back this week. Last week Keelan Cole ate into the time a bit. 

Guessing this has something to do with managing his shoulder but it's a troubling trend for me, even if he's been making the most of his targets over the last few weeks.