Leopard

Tyler Boyd 2019 Outlook

Is anyone still holding and can convince me not to drop? I'm about to drop him to pick up a kicker and man it hurts

21 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Is anyone still holding and can convince me not to drop? I'm about to drop him to pick up a kicker and man it hurts

I'm still holding as a 4th option WR.   He's got a couple of bad matchups and a couple of good ones.

But if I have a need to fill elsewhere, I wouldn't hesitate to drop him.

47 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Dropped for Scarbrough as a flier. I'd take any dice-roll over Boyd right now.

Finley

Sucks

• Like 1

He actually has been an OK start most of the year so I haven't dropped just yet. Hold hope that they will start Dalton again.

prob starting him this week over sterling even though he did 3 for 30? with dalton earlier in the season. just gotta hope he hauls in the “targets”

1 hour ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Lets gooooo. Back on this bus! Targets are going up. Nice to see him get back in the end zone this week.  He had 7 TDs last year and I thought he could push closer to 10 this year being more of a featured guy.  He was getting the targets but the offense wasn't getting in the end zone.

2 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I had a feeling that might happen.  That's why I didn't drop Boyd, I was seriously tempted though -- there's no passing upside with the rookie QB.  Seriously 3 targets against the Raiders for Boyd, a team that Darnold shredded this past week and has been shredded throughout the year.

Edited by rocket
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, knifeparty said:

Did anyone ever in their wildest dreams ever think they would happy to see Andy Dalton come back?  

I did. I’ve never had question marks about Dalton’s ability to support fantasy WRs. He’s obviously done it for years with AJG, and Boyd was money with him last year.

Dalton falls into that category with guys like Jameis and Fitzpatrick, who aren’t great QBs IRL, but who can usually do fine by their pass catchers... even if they are prone to the occasional dud.

Guy's been pretty solid lately, especially with Dalton back. But you gotta think the Pats, especially with cheating, are gonna shut him and Mixon down right? What's the feeling here? Considering him for WR3/Flex

12 minutes ago, rag9876 said:

Guy's been pretty solid lately, especially with Dalton back. But you gotta think the Pats, especially with cheating, are gonna shut him and Mixon down right? What's the feeling here? Considering him for WR3/Flex

I'm sitting him for this one.  For reference, I'm going with Miles Sanders or DeDe over him.  The matchup being the only reason I'm sitting him.

I don't like the matchup one bit but I think I have to start him. Only have one other option and the risk is about the same. I hope they focus on the run and try to make Dalton beat them through the air. Might get a decent amount of targets for Boyd.

Honestly though, not liking this.

17 hours ago, Big Nate said:

I don't like the matchup one bit but I think I have to start him. Only have one other option and the risk is about the same. I hope they focus on the run and try to make Dalton beat them through the air. Might get a decent amount of targets for Boyd.

Honestly though, not liking this.

Agreed. Would be hoping for 10+ targets, in which case I still wouldn't expect more than a 6-for-60 type stat line. But if either Fuller or Parker sits, Boyd gets the call for me. 

1 hour ago, HeHateMe23 said:

Start worthy in the Champ game vs Miami?

I'm considering it. Matchup can't get much better. Not surprised that he didn't do well against the Patriots but he should have a solid performance this week.