Leopard

Tyler Boyd 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, TheFire said:

I know Cardinals secondary is trash without Pat P, but anyone worried Chandler Jones and Suggs will have a field day with that O-line? 

 

Can’t be worse than 8 sacks party on Monday right? Right????

I mean even then Dalton managed 171 passing yards. Assume Boyd is the last one standing, most if not half of those yards should go to him this week. Gotta. Just gotta. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rainyy said:

 

Don't think it will make much of a difference.  Ross was a terrible WR.  Tate probably isn''t very good either.  

I think AjG coming back will be good for Boyd.  Less attention.  Bengals need a real outside threat.  

Guess I should of made it clear,  I meant in terms of targets. I agree with AJ green helping but not with targets. AJ will relieve that pressure and coverage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rainyy said:

 

Don't think it will make much of a difference.  Ross was a terrible WR.  Tate probably isn''t very good either.  

I think AjG coming back will be good for Boyd.  Less attention.  Bengals need a real outside threat.  

I heard a discussion on this last night.   The prevailing opinion is that having Ross (and his speed) on the field is a pretty important aspect and losing him hurts all of the offensive pieces. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I heard a discussion on this last night.   The prevailing opinion is that having Ross (and his speed) on the field is a pretty important aspect and losing him hurts all of the offensive pieces. 

 

I guess I've seen something different.  I don't think Ross runs good routes or has good hands.  

Most important for Boyd is that the Bengals actually stay on the field and sustain a drive.  Hard to get meaningful targets with no offensive rhythm.  For me, guys like Ross are always overrated by rotoworld forums because pure athletic ability is, for whatever reason, super sexy to people.  

But, imo, Ross is a really mediocre real life receiver.  Aside from a garbage time TD a few weeks back, he's done basically nothing the last few weeks.  He was not suited to to be the Bengals primary outside threat.

All of this is to say that I don't think Ross' absence will have a negative impact on Boyd.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

The Ross news has to be good news for boyd , right? Tate looked decent Monday but he shouldn't be to much of concern for boyd.  Maybe in the RZ

Volume is always king for wideouts, same reason Boyd was so valuable last year, don't overthink this

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, K197040 said:

I heard a discussion on this last night.   The prevailing opinion is that having Ross (and his speed) on the field is a pretty important aspect and losing him hurts all of the offensive pieces. 

Yes, unquestionably, a guy like Ross stretches the field and benefits a player like Boyd. Doesn't matter how many targets he actually gets, the defense is required to account for him over the top.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rainyy said:

 

I guess I've seen something different.  I don't think Ross runs good routes or has good hands.  

Most important for Boyd is that the Bengals actually stay on the field and sustain a drive.  Hard to get meaningful targets with no offensive rhythm.  For me, guys like Ross are always overrated by rotoworld forums because pure athletic ability is, for whatever reason, super sexy to people.  

But, imo, Ross is a really mediocre real life receiver.  Aside from a garbage time TD a few weeks back, he's done basically nothing the last few weeks.  He was not suited to to be the Bengals primary outside threat.

All of this is to say that I don't think Ross' absence will have a negative impact on Boyd.  

I don't disagree about Ross being a so so WR.  But the point of the conversation was that his speed opened up the field for the rest of the team.  Regardless of his actual ability, he still has to be accounted for by the defense.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boyd did great work as the only show in town last year so even with the extra attention i'm hoping he's given more deep shots now that Ross is out instead of being a strictly an underneath guy.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Boyd did great work as the only show in town last year so even with the extra attention i'm hoping he's given more deep shots now that Ross is out instead of being a strictly an underneath guy.   

Boyd also did well when AJG was healthy.  Overall I like Boyd and hopefully this next game he's closer to 10-11 targets like in the first 3 games.  Dalton got shelled last game and nothing was right.  Let's hope things are better going forward and the O-line can give Dalton a bit more time in the pocket. Boyd had 7 TDs last year and I thought he would get back to similar numbers this year, maybe even more.  He had 3 100+ yard games and 2 more in the 90s last year.

Edited by Big Nate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, elaw77 said:

Wait. How is his upcoming schedule tough? 

Two dates with Marlon Humphrey and Jalen Ramsey in the next four. I don't know, I think his volume keeps him in the wr2 range but on the lower end. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Balt- Humphries plus QB pressure 

Jax- jaylen or bouye plus oline destroyed

Rams- talib and oline destroyed

Bye week

Balt- humphries plus QB pressure

Oakland- plus matchup

Steelers- oline destroyed

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not afraid of the Dalton to Boyd connection.  I'm skurred that Dalton may never get legitimate shots to throw him the ball.  I am seriously thinking about selling high. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On one hand, a lot of his production came in garbage time. On the other hand, there will be about a half of garbage time in every Bengals game. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, canonuevo said:

What do you guys think his value is? 

 

Solid WR2 ROS. Ceiling will be lower with AJ Green coming back but Green is injury prone. I think with Green back, it will be a blessing for the whole offense. Way too many 3 and outs for this team that caps the ceiling on both Boyd and Mixon.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WaiverLooter said:

 

Solid WR2 ROS. Ceiling will be lower with AJ Green coming back but Green is injury prone. I think with Green back, it will be a blessing for the whole offense. Way too many 3 and outs for this team that caps the ceiling on both Boyd and Mixon.

I sense that an AJ Green could really free this guy up even more.  I just can't wrap my head around how bad this pass game can be.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do all of the CBs listed above actually line-up in the slot?

Generally speaking, I am a little bit more concerned with CB shutdown when it comes to pure outside receivers who need separation to catch deep/difficult throws.  Much harder for teams to stop the kind of short passes that Boyd tends to get.  

My bigger concern is the strength of opposing defenses overall.  Bengals' o-line is a mess so good pass rushes will force that team into tons of 3-and-outs.  

As long as the Bengals' offense actually moves the ball, I am confident Boyd will get volume and produce.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rainyy said:

Do all of the CBs listed above actually line-up in the slot?

Generally speaking, I am a little bit more concerned with CB shutdown when it comes to pure outside receivers who need separation to catch deep/difficult throws.  Much harder for teams to stop the kind of short passes that Boyd tends to get.  

My bigger concern is the strength of opposing defenses overall.  Bengals' o-line is a mess so good pass rushes will force that team into tons of 3-and-outs.  

As long as the Bengals' offense actually moves the ball, I am confident Boyd will get volume and produce.  

Humphrey shadowed Juju in the slot yesterday, and he put up 7/75/1. 

it's a concern, but it's not impossible to put up numbers against him. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people are saying "Sell High" but for those of us in keeper leagues I think he's HOLD.  24 years old and outside of game 4 hes getting between 10-14 targets per game.  As for AJG coming back it might not be a bad thing as it will free him up a bit.  Boyd played pretty well with AJG in the lineup last year. Having said that, I'm not too sure AJG is back as teams are inquiring about trading for him.  Lots of things still up in the air but I don't think AJG returning (or not) makes that big of difference with this guy long term. 

 

I think Boyd has the possibility of being a good long term keeper. He's only 24 and he's getting the volume right now.  I'm not sure if I would get full value trading him away right now in a keeper/dynasty style league.

Edited by Big Nate
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.