Orioles123

Betts or Vlad Jr. WHIR

14 team keeper roto league. In second place currently. Thinking of offering my Mookie for his Vlad Jr. My team has a good lead in stolen bases, and i feel comfortable missing out on any steals Betts would provide ROS.

Mookie will not be worth keeping after this year, where Vlad Jr. will be extremely controllable for the next several years.

I am for winning now & if you feel you can still contend, I would make the deal. 

• Thanks 1

no way. Mookie Betts is established as a top 5 player. you can argue top 3. even without Betts stolen bases he is a great player. Vlad Jr is being offered up so much in trades now because he started horribly.

your idea is to sell high on Betts while you still can. however go after someone proven even if they have not played many seasons like Acuna, 

Edited by mlb2019

8 minutes ago, mlb2019 said:

no way. Mookie Betts is established as a top 5 player. you can argue top 3. even without Betts stolen bases he is a great player. Vlad Jr is being offered up so much in trades now because he started horribly.

your idea is to sell high on Betts while you still can. however go after someone proven even if they have not played many seasons like Acuna, 

Its not my idea to sell high on Betts. He isnt even a sell high candidate considering he's not outperforming whats been expected of him. 

The idea here is to deal a player that has minimal keeper value in this format for someone who has immense keeper value (despite the fact he's been lost at the plate through his first 2 weeks in the big leagues)

10 minutes ago, Orioles123 said:

Its not my idea to sell high on Betts. He isnt even a sell high candidate considering he's not outperforming whats been expected of him. 

The idea here is to deal a player that has minimal keeper value in this format for someone who has immense keeper value (despite the fact he's been lost at the plate through his first 2 weeks in the big leagues)

Sounds like you've made up your mind.

6 minutes ago, kwelch said:

Sounds like you've made up your mind.

yeah that is what I figured. just go and do it. I personally wouldn't. 

Edited by mlb2019
spelling

Win now mode means hold onto Mookie. Mookie side wins and it's too early to start pulling future trades. Vlad Jr. will be great but will have growing pains. At least get some sort of proven less valuable player in addition for giving former MVP, first rounder.

Mokkie stays on you're team give up a mt for Vlad instead. 

I don't understand the Mookie will not be worth keeping after this year narrative. Are u allowed only one keeper?

2 minutes ago, crookedmacs said:

I don't understand the Mookie will not be worth keeping after this year narrative. Are u allowed only one keeper?

then Mike Trout is not worth keeping. Betts will be 27 and Trout already is. Betts will outdo Vlad for a least a few more years. (if Vlad meets his expectations)