Sign in to follow this  
MSU2661

Trade Harper for Bregman in keeper league?

Trade my Harper for bregman in a keep 2 forever league. 8x8 not obp. I’m in 2nd place and my other keeper options going forward are lindor and judge. Bregman replaces Christian walker in 1b/3b slot. Puig/ Jose Martinez replaces Harper in OF on daily basis and we start 5 OF. Make the trade? 

Current OF: Harper, Beni, Haniger, Puig, Domingo Santana, Jose Martinez, Judge (IL).

Edited by MSU2661

6 minutes ago, mdbravesfan said:

I would absolutely trade Harper for Bregman. Question is will they accept that

They are die hard philly fan who loves the idea of Harper for next 10 years. I haven’t paid much attention to baseball this year so I wanted to ask others opinion! Thanks. 

I was praying Harper would be mvp level and that I’d pry trout from him for Harper package since he is a huge philly fan but that’s hasn’t worked out.

10 minutes ago, mdbravesfan said:

If you could somehow get Trout, obviously go that route. Haha. 

But Bregman is a stud.

Yeah he won’t budge on trout, Harper would’ve had to have been playing mvp level for that unfortunately. But yeah I think Bregman is solid to fit into my team position wise.

I tried hard when Trout signed the extension since this guy was convinced trout was going to sign with philly eventually, but obviously that isn’t happening now.

Edited by MSU2661

I hope you have already accepted this deal!! lol! I like Bregman much more than Harper going forward.

Trade is accepted and I got bregman. Thanks for the help guys. Going into next year (I know it’s early) what two would you keep out of him lindor and judge?

Edited by MSU2661

You lost that deal get back Harper onto you're team, move whoever you're top mt is. 

1 hour ago, Rush2112 said:

You lost that deal get back Harper onto you're team, move whoever you're top mt is. 

Other than your mt comment. I agree with you. Bregman is a .277 hitter with at best 30 HR, good amount of runs and RBI but not much speed. That’s his ceiling. Harper’s is a batting line not far from Trout’s.

In a poll of major leaguers

Harper was voted the most overrated player by a lot

I'm agreeing

Accept that immediately. Harper offers a crap average with a lot of Ks, a trend which has escalated in recent years. May have to face that he will never reach his ceiling. Bregman will be a top 10 player for years to come.