The 7th Beatles

Keston Hiura 2019 Outlook

Wonder if they’d be in first if he was up all along over having dead bodies play positions for 3 months of a season?  🤔

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Updated 162 game average-

.317/.383/.592 46 HR/25 SB

spacer.png

5 multiple hit games out of the last 6. Is there anything the kid can’t do.

Quote of the day:

“Jeez, he’s one of those young kids that I’ve seen in the league that they’re making busts of for the Hall of Fame,” Braves manager Brian Snitker said after Hiura knocked two more doubles in the Brewers’ 5-4 win over the Braves on Wednesday at Miller Park. “My God, that kid can really hit.”

Edited by rdf8585
  • Like 3

NL ROY is gonna be a tough tough race with what Alonso Tatis and Soroka are all doing but he's certainly making an argument

6 hours ago, Baur10 said:

NL ROY is gonna be a tough tough race with what Alonso Tatis and Soroka are all doing but he's certainly making an argument

I love Hiura. No.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I love Hiura. No.

Sorry let me be clear, I don't think there's a real chance he wins and I don't think he deserves to win in all likelihood.  I just think he's done enough, and is likely to continue do enough to give him that "what if?" factor if he had been up this whole time.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, herschel said:

Any chance he sticks in the top 5 in the lineup with all rulers starting?

I don’t know if CC will do it quite yet, but soon I think he ends up in the top of the lineup. 

4 hours ago, Baur10 said:

Sorry let me be clear, I don't think there's a real chance he wins and I don't think he deserves to win in all likelihood.  I just think he's done enough, and is likely to continue do enough to give him that "what if?" factor if he had been up this whole time.

Yup it’s certainly a “what if” situation. While up, he’s been as good or better than the other rookies, it’s just they have 2 months worth of extra stats. 

Edited by hailtoyourvictor

47 minutes ago, hailtoyourvictor said:

Yup it’s certainly a “what if” situation. While up, he’s been as good or better than the other rookies, it’s just they have 2 months worth of extra stats. 

I am happy!!! I could be a Brendan Rodgers owner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hailtoyourvictor said:

He’d be right in the race with this guys if he was up the full year. Oh well.

Definitely possible.  The fact that the others have played a significant amount more games basically gives Hiura zero chance of winning though, and I'd be surprised if he got any votes.

That's not to take anything away from him.  He's been a machine of late, and obviously at 2B (the position sucks) he has a real shot at being extremely valuable for years to come.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hailtoyourvictor said:

Which is significant and they deserve to be the front runners. Certainly more impressive to hit well for 2 extra months.  Just think that if he continues to look as impressive as he has he deserves to be an honorable mention amongst that group, even if you have to put an asterisks next to his name.

• Like 1

Any insights on how Keston will finish the second half of the season? He seems to be swinging a hot bat...

1 minute ago, cashflow said:

Any insights on how Keston will finish the second half of the season? He seems to be swinging a hot bat...

spacer.png

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, cashflow said:

You can point to his K% of close to 30 and BB% of 6.4 as reasons for concern.  BUT a fair amount of those Ks came early on and if you look to his minors rate is closer to 20% so I would expect that to continue to decrease going forward. He has never walked much, but a lot of that has to do with the fact that he has such a good hit tool with such great quality of contact that it doesn't benefit him as much as swinging away a bit. 

Beyond the numbers he just looks like a professional hitter. Like he belongs.  He's far from risk free going forward and some highs-and-lows wouldn't shock me. But overall there's a lot to like here and plenty of reason to think he'll continue to produce.

1 hour ago, cashflow said:

He was one of the top few hitting prospects in baseball and is living up the the height. Enjoy the ride. Top 50 pick next year. 

• Like 3