The 7th Beatles

Keston Hiura 2019 Outlook

It's amazing how many people forget that baseball is a sport where you fail most of the time.  It's a tough game and nobody is immune to cold streaks, even the best players.

• Like 4

His Contact % is an atrocious 64.7%.  Not very selective at what he swings at either.  

🚩🚩

28 AB, 4 H, 1 R, 0 RBI, 2 BB, 10 SO! in the last 8 games... which one is the real Hiura?

image.thumb.png.8f04a6ea0f805c1979d3a924b1eff779.png

1 minute ago, fikocr said:

28 AB, 4 H, 1 R, 0 RBI, 2 BB, 10 SO! in the last 8 games... which one is the real Hiura?

8 games...have you ever watched baseball before? Slumps happen.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, fikocr said:

He's a bit of a streaky hitter. He would go one some red hot/ice cold spells in the minors. He'll be fine. He's a much better hitter in Miller Park (197wRC+) vs on the road (100wRC+) and has a 3-game series this weekend at home against the Rangers crappy pitching (minus Minor on Sunday). He'll get it going.

10 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

8 games...have you ever watched baseball before? Slumps happen.

Yes, I watched baseball before. Slumps happen, and also streaks happen. I do agree that he's a very good player, I just think he has been overrated. 

Edited by fikocr
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fikocr said:

Yes, I watched baseball before. Slumps happen, and also streaks happen. I do agree that he's a very good player, I just think he has been a overrated. 

Overrated? He was considered the best pure hitter when drafted. Did nothing but hit in the minors. Even with this slump, his 162-game average is .298/.365/.553/35 HR. 

• Like 2

#32 over the past 30 days,  #653 over the last 14 days.

hope he gets it going again.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, tesla said:

#32 over the past 30 days,  #653 over the last 14 days.

hope he gets it going again.

Thanks for pointing this out, if you could do this every time he slumps that should help

Edited by itaos

6 hours ago, fikocr said:

Yes, I watched baseball before. Slumps happen, and also streaks happen. I do agree that he's a very good player, I just think he has been overrated. 

When Acuna batted .230 in May last year I am sure there were some in the Acuna thread wondering if he was overrated. Don't get me wrong, Acuna is a better prospect, but Hiura was a very good prospect coming up and he has shown why he was considered a very good prospect. 

Plus some here are in keeper/dynasty league and we see more than the value of Hiura for the next 45 games. 

funny, I was looking at this thread last night and thinking of how it looked like a reddit thread with the overreactions...then today happened.

• Like 1

If Yelich misses serious time (or even some) MIL will continue to lean on this dude, defensive deficiencies or not.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2019 at 6:19 PM, shakestreet said:

I hate to agree but you are right. He is sitting on the bench until .... 

I hope you didn’t bench him today 😂

• Like 1

My man hits 2 dongs after getting 4 hits in 10 games, people be like:

HoPe YoU dIdN't BeNcH hIm ToDaY LoLoLoLoL GoAt jUsT sTrEaKy MiKe TrOuT sLuMpS hApPeN ROFLLLLLLLL

On 8/7/2019 at 2:56 AM, Jyeatbvg said:

Bo Bichette is what this guy should've been.

4 minutes ago, Jyeatbvg said:

My man hits 2 dongs after getting 4 hits in 10 games, people be like:

HoPe YoU dIdN't BeNcH hIm ToDaY LoLoLoLoL GoAt jUsT sTrEaKy MiKe TrOuT sLuMpS hApPeN ROFLLLLLLLL

My mans tries so hard to troll yesterday, doesn’t work, so comes back for another attempt. 😂😂

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

My mans tries so hard to troll yesterday, doesn’t work, so comes back for another attempt. 😂😂

spacer.png

I know I'll get a reaction from you every time bby :)

13 minutes ago, Jyeatbvg said:

I know I'll get a reaction from you every time bby :)

That’s how you spend your day. Think about that for a minute lol

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I am concerned with how many fastballs in the zone he whiffs on. Something that is not typical with guys are suppose to have excellent hit tools. Did not see this with Vlad/Robles when they struggled, nor with Yordan Alvarez when his K rate was high.

Was pretty confident all 3 of those guys would find ways to lower their K rates with experience and raw skills. Don't feel the same way about Hirua. Swinging at pitches in the zone is way more a red-flag then a rookie who just has a high k rate because he's chasing junk and high cheese FBs.

Not really concerned though for like some major regression. His swing is still sweet AF, and his bat control is all there. As are the instincts. He should maintain higher BABIP's for days to make up for higher K rates. Just seems like his hand to eye is not up what I was expecting from a "pure hitter"

Edited by Slatykamora

My concern with Hiura is he looks like a pretty bad defensive player. That's why guys like Frazier were jettisoned and left on the scrap heap, though Hiura's hit tool is fantastic. If he hits the way he has always hit the Brews will find a way to get him into the lineup on a daily basis.