MrBrown

Austin Riley 2019 Outlook

21 minutes ago, RBI Sports said:

Vlad is the top power prospect. 

Hiura is the top on base, contact prospect.

Senzel is I feel has more power than Hiura at the cost of some contact. 

Riley I feel might have more power than Senzel....but less contact

And both Michael Chavis and Pete Alonso could end up better than all four.  You don't know until the end of the season really when all the stats are tallied.  If you are playing dynasty or deep keepers you grab as any of these guys as you can get and plan your team's future down the years according to how they shake out over a year or two. 

Of course if you are playing in these formats, especially dynasty, all these guys were taken at least 2 years ago if not longer.  It is now Christmas and you are finally getting to open some of those presents that have been sitting under the tree for seemingly forever.  Riley owners are happily ripping off the wrapping paper today.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 6

56 minutes ago, kwelch said:

Good googly-moogly!

Very impressive.  However, I'm sure the mastermind Kapler, will come up with some of Pythagorean shift, to minimize his spray tendencies.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ToO_BaD said:

Who is his best comp from a hitting perspective?

Dale Murphy

• Like 1

1. Ronald Acuna Jr. (R) CF
2. Dansby Swanson (R) SS
3. Freddie Freeman (L) 1B
4. Josh Donaldson (R) 3B
5. Nick Markakis (L) RF
6. Austin Riley (R) LF
7. Ozzie Albies (S) 2B
8. Tyler Flowers (R) C
9. Mike Soroka (R) P

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DMurphy77 said:

Just to get us a bit more excited

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

And both Michael Chavis and Pete Alonso could end up better than all four.  You don't know until the end of the season really when all the stats are tallied.  If you are playing dynasty or deep keepers you grab as any of these guys as you can get and plan your team's future down the years according to how they shake out over a year or two. 

Of course if you are playing in these formats, especially dynasty, all these guys were taken at least 2 years ago if not longer.  It is now Christmas and you are finally getting to open some of those presents that have been sitting under the tree for seemingly forever.  Riley owners are happily ripping off the wrapping paper today.

As crazy as it may sound, only because I can't remember the last time 6 prospects came up in the same season and all turned out to be good, it wouldn't surprise me if all 6 of the prospects mentioned turned out to be pretty good.

25 minutes until it all begins...

Edited by KilloWertz

3 minutes ago, Call me Red said:

Anyone know why they took him out of the lineup?

Likely because he’s a defensive liability in such a tight game. 

Edited by Tommy Lee Jones
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

Likely because he’s a defensive liability in such a tight game. 

Probably will be a regular occurrence (understandably).

9 hours ago, RBI Sports said:

Vlad is the top power prospect. 

Hiura is the top on base, contact prospect.

Senzel is I feel has more power than Hiura at the cost of some contact. 

Riley I feel might have more power than Senzel....but less contact

But what do I know 

Power

Vlad Riley Senzel Hiura 

Contact

Vlad Huira Senzel Riley

But but Senzel and Huira are 300 hitters with 15+ pop and an insane number of doubles. Senzel may hit more than 20 due to ballpark and his ability  to drive it out to RF.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, herschel said:

Probably will be a regular occurrence (understandably).

Agreed, which is somewhat unfortunate, but it's still a lot better than him still being in AAA obviously.

Did anyone see how he looked in the field.? Was he an obvious liability?

Any fellow owners considering selling right now?  The hype train might never be any higher than it is right now.  Or of course, he's a genuine stud and trading him away might be moronic.  What say you all, shop or keep?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dicka24 said:

Any fellow owners considering selling right now?  The hype train might never be any higher than it is right now.  Or of course, he's a genuine stud and trading him away might be moronic.  What say you all, shop or keep?

Would you have traded soto last year?

• Like 1

I think with a lot of these rookie callups its a legit question of whether or not the lottery possibilities are worth more, or less, than the expected production of an established veteran.  The reality is that some of these call ups are going to rake, and challenge for ROY.  They will be be high end producers ROS.  The flip is that some, if not most, will either fail or be fringe players statistically.  Figuring out which rookies will be what is really hard imo.  When I look at Riley I see all the makings of a stud.  Power for days, absolutely raked at AAA, doesn't have alarming K rates, plays a premium position, has a solid path to PT, and will soon qualify at 2 positions.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed reference to deleted post.
  • Like 1