Boudewijn

Zach Ertz 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe23 said:

Is he even playable vs Chicago?

 

 

OF course he is, who else do you have?    Damn TE position is a wasteland right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sivaro said:

 

 

OF course he is, who else do you have?    Damn TE position is a wasteland right now.

 

I was able to scoop up Henry a few weeks ago when he was injured.  But my flex options are very slim this week so I was thinking possibly 2 TE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HeHateMe23 said:

 

I was able to scoop up Henry a few weeks ago when he was injured.  But my flex options are very slim this week so I was thinking possibly 2 TE.

 

Ahhh  - That makes sense!

 

Wow,..... do you have better options on your bench?....Ertz is iffy every week.  I would probably start a WR waiver wire guy over him.   ( Amendola, Diontae)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ertz is currently:

  •  1st in targets for TE
  • 4th in Rec for TE
  • 5th in yards for TE
  • Not getting TDs

 

If the TEs come (which they ought to), he's back at the top of the list.  He's currently on the season, 1.5 points/game behind Kelce

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2019 at 8:54 AM, Ryansm11 said:

Yeah no clue what everyone is complaining about. Dude is a MONSTER in my points per air yard league. 

 

On 10/29/2019 at 9:09 AM, Lamont Sanford said:

I only play in PPAY leagues.

 

Hope you guys held on to him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Projection: 10.5 pts (0.5 PPR)

Research: I know during the teams Week 9 matchup against the Bears that Zach Ertz finally had the breakout game that every fantasy owner was waiting for. However, it does appear that the Patriots are maybe developing a game plan to try and stop the Eagles tight end offensive production during their Week 11 matchup. During the Wednesday weekly press conference, Patriots head coach Bill Belichick was asked about the Eagles offense and their use of the tight ends. The coach responded by saying “I think they [the Eagles] play in two (2) tight end sets more than any other team in the league” and that the tight ends are “very smart and versatile”. I know this doesn’t provide a lot of information on the team’s game plan, but usually when the Patriots notice a team’s strength, they figure out a way to shut it down. I expect the Patriots to focus heavy on Zach Ertz this week, putting him in the low TE1 category range. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TBE75 said:

Projection: 10.5 pts (0.5 PPR)

Research: I know during the teams Week 9 matchup against the Bears that Zach Ertz finally had the breakout game that every fantasy owner was waiting for. However, it does appear that the Patriots are maybe developing a game plan to try and stop the Eagles tight end offensive production during their Week 11 matchup. During the Wednesday weekly press conference, Patriots head coach Bill Belichick was asked about the Eagles offense and their use of the tight ends. The coach responded by saying “I think they [the Eagles] play in two (2) tight end sets more than any other team in the league” and that the tight ends are “very smart and versatile”. I know this doesn’t provide a lot of information on the team’s game plan, but usually when the Patriots notice a team’s strength, they figure out a way to shut it down. I expect the Patriots to focus heavy on Zach Ertz this week, putting him in the low TE1 category range. 

That's nothing ground breaking for a defense to focus on shutting down an offense's strength. I know people like to overblow the genius that is Belichick. But they will probably do little different than other teams. The question is less about will they try to shut down Philly's TE's and more about, can they shut down Philly's TE's?

They've pretty much faced only one real threat at TE this whole season. I mean, if you look at the TEs they've matched up against, it might be one of the weakest schedules in recent history. They didn't even have to face Evan Engram when they played the Giants. They held Andrews in week 9 pretty well but collectively gave up 9/63/1 to Baltimore TEs, and that was with Jackson only having to throw 23 times. They've given up TE TDs in 2 consecutive games. They've given up receptions of 18+ yards to 6 different TEs this season. With the Eagles run game looking solid lately and Wentz actually managing games well in real life, plus potential negative game script later in the game, he should be a relevant target all game. I have no worries setting him in my lineup this week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nickmo said:

That's nothing ground breaking for a defense to focus on shutting down an offense's strength. I know people like to overblow the genius that is Belichick. But they will probably do little different than other teams. The question is less about will they try to shut down Philly's TE's and more about, can they shut down Philly's TE's?

They've pretty much faced only one real threat at TE this whole season. I mean, if you look at the TEs they've matched up against, it might be one of the weakest schedules in recent history. They didn't even have to face Evan Engram when they played the Giants. They held Andrews in week 9 pretty well but collectively gave up 9/63/1 to Baltimore TEs, and that was with Jackson only having to throw 23 times. They've given up TE TDs in 2 consecutive games. They've given up receptions of 18+ yards to 6 different TEs this season. With the Eagles run game looking solid lately and Wentz actually managing games well in real life, plus potential negative game script later in the game, he should be a relevant target all game. I have no worries setting him in my lineup this week. 

For this one, I had to try and put all of my emotions aside, as I am an Eagles season ticket member and a huge homer. Trust me, there is nothing more I would like to see then Ertz going off this week. However, I can recognize that the Eagles are severely lacking offensive weapons and teams including the Vikings and Bills have showed the NFL ways to shut down both the Eagles tight ends. I am also not too much of a hater to admit that the Patriots defense is the best in the league right now and that Bill Belichick is a defensive genius who changes his defensive scheme weekly to try and take away your best offensive player. I believe Doug Peterson is going to scheme some smash mouth football this week and use Zach Ertz as a distraction to draw some cover away from other players like Goedert, Sanders, and newly added Mathews to open up play actions and screens. He is still obviously a must start, as there are not too many better options available, but will probably be covered heavily this game.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pooskay said:

Yeah, NE has no one else to focus on in that offense of Philly's.

 

NE hasn't exactly played the best TEs so far this season. 

Watch to see if P. Chung is starting for NE. He's key on TEs. If he's out, big for Ertz.

Also, unless NE fixed their run D, I could see Howard/Sanders causing issues. If Pederson is smart, he lines up both Howard and Sanders in the same backfield. Bill B. is on record as hating to defend this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

 

NE hasn't exactly played the best TEs so far this season. 

Watch to see if P. Chung is starting for NE. He's key on TEs. If he's out, big for Ertz.

Also, unless NE fixed their run D, I could see Howard/Sanders causing issues. If Pederson is smart, he lines up both Howard and Sanders in the same backfield. Bill B. is on record as hating to defend this.


I doubt we’ll see much of Howard and Sanders on the field together.  What you gain in an extra back, you lose in pass protection with 1 less linemen. How’s Phillys O-line this year I’m curious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wheres the love? 3 monster ppr games in a row and looks like cupcake schedule ROS (nfc east rivalry games I guess not sure how they fair vs te.)

we expecting this to continue?  probably depends on alshon and nelson

 

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably a good case study on public perception, what people are saying, and when a good time is to "buy low" for future reference.

Of course, it can always go the other way too, but in general if a guy has a long history of performing well, is not meeting expectations, still is involved in the offense and isn't injured, well...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last game was what we were seeing last year - late drives in catchup mode where Wentz was going to Ertz on almost every play. Earlier in the year Ertz wasn't getting any of that and it was maddening. Hopefully Alshon takes some more time off because that has really helped out Ertz. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sounds a little better.  Maybe more of a rest day than anything....If he's back out there by Friday I'd think he'd be okay.

He looked fine in the Seattle game.

Updating a previous report, Zach Ertz originally injured his hamstring two weeks ago and played through it in Week 12 against the Seahawks.

The Philadelphia Inquirer's Jeff McLane suggests that Ertz should be able to play through it once again, but we'd feel a lot more confident in that assessment if Ertz can get a practice in this week after being sidelined Wednesday. Dallas Goedert has already been serving as a TE1/2 option in fantasy and would be a top-five TE1 if Ertz is ultimately unable to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2019 at 8:48 AM, JE7HorseGod said:

Probably a good case study on public perception, what people are saying, and when a good time is to "buy low" for future reference.

Of course, it can always go the other way too, but in general if a guy has a long history of performing well, is not meeting expectations, still is involved in the offense and isn't injured, well...

That was you that jinxed him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, so this was an injury from two weeks ago, and it certainly didn't affect him last week when he balled out and was a week winner.  So what has changed?  I guess there was no DNP last week?  Maybe dude is just enjoying an early Thanksgiving with the wifey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...