Boudewijn

Zach Ertz 2019 Outlook

Hesitant to start him today because I fear decoy or aggravation of injury. Might decide to shy away not sure yet. 

Per Matthew Berry on Twitter:

As expected Zach Ertz is starting today but... gimpy, Jeffrey/Agholor active, game where PHI is expected to win easily...

mentioned on #FFNOW that she is nervous about him... How lucky do you feel?

Also have seen that Josh Perkins is active after being promoted from the practice squad.  Would sure seem to me that the Eagles are concerned about Ertz finishing game or at the least might limit his snaps some.

They’re going to decoy the Dolphins into thinking he’s a decoy then BAM 8-96-2.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Proteus said:

They’re going to decoy the Dolphins into thinking he’s a decoy then BAM 8-96-2.

Yeah...He's just tough to bench given the TE wasteland.  I mean, if you have another top 10 option, great.  

But I think I'd rather play a risky Ertz than some other guy off waivers who will be lucky to even see 4-5 targets.  It's not like he needs to run explosive patterns down the field.  He's mostly just running 7 yard out patterns or crosses anyways. 

6 minutes ago, jumboJET85 said:

Its a grade one sprain so I’m not too concerned 

Thanks for this video.  He looks good to go!  

3 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

My other option is Brate, so I'm rolling with Ertz this week.  

Yeah, my other option is drop James White for somebody who's as much of a dice throw as Ertz.

We've got to lower expectations this week, but that just makes him the usual streaming tight end - a couple of targets and hoping for a TD. Could be worse.

Obviously if you need to start a TE you’d play Ertz over anyone but Kelce/Kittle/Henry? But how are we feeling about benching him in favor of someone like Parker/Kirk/Beckham?

1 minute ago, TwoCan Sam said:

Obviously if you need to start a TE you’d play Ertz over anyone but Kelce/Kittle/Henry? But how are we feeling about benching him in favor of someone like Parker/Kirk/Beckham?

I don't know how you can play him tbh. There are TEs other than the three you mentioned that I'd play over him - Andrews for a start. There's every chance that he doesn't see much of the field. If the Lolphins start poorly then he might not show up at all - they may not need to risk him.

39 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Per Matthew Berry on Twitter:

As expected Zach Ertz is starting today but... gimpy, Jeffrey/Agholor active, game where PHI is expected to win easily...

mentioned on #FFNOW that she is nervous about him... How lucky do you feel?

Bet on the dolphins.

10 minutes ago, Onion said:

Rolling Waller over him, can't risk a quick hook, decoy, or early re-injury.

I would as well..

Apparently he was on "the doubtful side" of questionable leading up to this game. but fug, that 25 PPR point upside against miami is hard to overlook. think im going to sit him but i won't be shocked if he goes for 6 - 90 - TD or something like that

Watched the game and thought Ertz looked just fine out there for anybody wondering.  I don't recall any gimpiness or anything.  And not sure on snap counts but sure seemed like he was out there most of the time.  As it ended up it wasn't a great game but narrowly missed 2 potential TD's on balls that just slipped out of his hands.

As of now I'd have no hesitation starting him Week 14 from a health perspective.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Watched the game and thought Ertz looked just fine out there for anybody wondering.  I don't recall any gimpiness or anything.  And not sure on snap counts but sure seemed like he was out there most of the time.  As it ended up it wasn't a great game but narrowly missed 2 potential TD's on balls that just slipped out of his hands.

As of now I'd have no hesitation starting him Week 14 from a health perspective.

Appreciate the feedback. That tallies with the reports I heard, but since I'm in the playoffs and he has cracking matchups wks 15 & 16 that's really good to hear.

16 minutes ago, HeHateMe23 said:

Giants D is not good but 4th hardest in terms of scoring against TEs??  

I think people look too heavily into matchups, especially for something as granular as TEs. That just means WRs have likely been tearing them up.

To me, there's only 2 aspects that matter most with matchups.

1. The QB matchup. All you need is 1 big play for a RB/WR/TE and their day is made. Different story for a QB going up against a tough defense.

2. The top 3 or so best and worst matchups. To me the "8th hardest matchup for a RB" is worthless. Based on the RBs talent, I'd go into it with the same confidence as the "23rd easiest matchup for a RB." Although if I'm facing the 2nd hardest matchup for a RB well into the season, I'm a little nervous.

Edited by bgar15

18 minutes ago, HeHateMe23 said:

Giants D is not good but 4th hardest in terms of scoring against TEs??  

Who cares, it’s zach Ertz. Move along.