smeeze

Matt Breida 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Full blown timeshare, might try and sell. 

But a timeshare on a team that has at worst a top 3 running game.  There's a pretty short list of RBs you'll allow on your roster if you avoid timeshares.

5 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

This guy went beast mode tonight but not love?

I wouldn't say he went beast mode. I mean, he had a great fantasy game, but 83 of those yards came on the first play of the game. He had almost all of his points in the first 8-9 minutes of the game. 

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Full blown timeshare, might try and sell. 

I would sell him. He's a solid hold as a Flex play, imho. If he's your RB2, you have bigger problems, lol.

On 9/24/2019 at 10:32 AM, K197040 said:

He's not droppable for me.  I'm going to need someone for bye weeks and he gets enough work that he'll put up some points and maybe break a long TD. 

Good call man.  I held on to him based on your advice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, K197040 said:

Good call man.  I held on to him based on your advice.

No problem. 

• Haha 1

I should have traded him last week

Edit : Just realized this isn’t the Odell thread 

Edited by Shaud
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I wouldn't say he went beast mode. I mean, he had a great fantasy game, but 83 of those yards came on the first play of the game. He had almost all of his points in the first 8-9 minutes of the game. 

^This. He had the great run and then the TD catch. After that, he went for 31 yards on 10 carries. And he he missed a few blocks in pass pro. I thought Tev Coleman outplayed him honestly. Coleman’s pass pro was way better and he was gaining chunk play after chunk play. 

Dont get me wrong, both SF RBs have value and are on the rb2 map, but I don’t think Breida breasted at all after watching every play of the game. He had a couple amazing plays in the 1st quarter and was below average for the rest of the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Looked like a poor man Jamaal Charles tonight

Reminds me of a very poor mans Barry Sanders. His blocking is lacking and last year couldn’t handle a ton of carriers. But damn he’s shifty and FAST. 

That step he put on Cincy earlier in the season gave me goose bumps. 

https://www.49ers.com/video/49ers-matt-breida-highlight

2 hours ago, WestCoastMets said:

^This. He had the great run and then the TD catch. After that, he went for 31 yards on 10 carries. And he he missed a few blocks in pass pro. I thought Tev Coleman outplayed him honestly. Coleman’s pass pro was way better and he was gaining chunk play after chunk play. 

Dont get me wrong, both SF RBs have value and are on the rb2 map, but I don’t think Breida breasted at all after watching every play of the game. He had a couple amazing plays in the 1st quarter and was below average for the rest of the game. 

Yeah, because in fantasy long plays like an 83 yard run don't count.  Pass pro does though.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Guy is literally the fastest man in the NFL and is pretty good at football. Volume/consistency doesn’t apply here. 

Edited by dennymac
Hh

Yeah, I definitely feel like Coleman is the 'safer' play of the two because he'll get more snaps due to pass pro and probably a little more touches but Breida is electric and is one of those guys who doesn't necessarily need a ton of volume. He's definitely going to throw up some duds though. 

He's electric, and his speed makes him so dangerous. I'm beginning to be of the mind that him not being a workhorse will actually work to his favor in terms of production and especially injury risk.

Coleman and Breida were an outstanding tandem last night, and one would hope they'd stick with what is working.

That said, Juszczyk injury is concerning for the run game, as he's a key blocker and some things may have to be reconfigured is he misses time.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, euphonicjamz said:

He's electric, and his speed makes him so dangerous. I'm beginning to be of the mind that him not being a workhorse will actually work to his favor in terms of production and especially injury risk.

Coleman and Breida were an outstanding tandem last night, and one would hope they'd stick with what is working.

That said, Juszczyk injury is concerning for the run game, as he's a key blocker and some things may have to be reconfigured is he misses time.

Complete downer seeing that he might be out a month at least. 

23 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Complete downer seeing that he might be out a month at least. 

Yes very worried about this.... who is the better pass catcher Breida or Coleman?

32 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

Yes very worried about this.... who is the better pass catcher Breida or Coleman?

I've always thought Coleman was a good receiver but Brieda seems to have pretty legit hands too.

I only watched a portion of the game last night. Did we get any clarity on who the goal line back will be? Obviously it was Jeff Wilson before but I assume he will be inactive moving forward. 

8 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

I only watched a portion of the game last night. Did we get any clarity on who the goal line back will be? Obviously it was Jeff Wilson before but I assume he will be inactive moving forward. 

I missed a lot of it as well but I'm assuming it's Coleman.  He looks more powerful between the tackles. 

15 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

I don't think Breida's role will change at all and Coleman picks up the Mostert/Wilson duties.

Anyone thinking of trying to move Breida? Having a hard time putting value on him andI need help at my WR2 slot. (curtis samuel right now, waiting on AJG if/when he ever returns.)

9 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

I don't recall any true goaline possessions. Brieda caught a 5 yd TD pass on 3rd and goal and Coleman was in on 2nd and goal from the 9. Take that for what it's worth. Play by play below...

• 2nd & Goal at CLE 9

(6:57 - 1st) T.Coleman up the middle to CLV 5 for 4 yards (J.Schobert).

• 3rd & Goal at CLE 5

(6:26 - 1st) Matt Breida Pass From Jimmy Garoppolo for 5 Yrds R.Gould extra point is GOOD, Center-G.Sanborn, Holder-M.Wishnowsky.

• Like 1

What am I missing? Why is Breida not heavily involved in the passing game? Common sense says if you have the league’s fastest guy in your backfield, you’d want to repeatedly kick him out to the slot to feast on coverage matchups with linebackers. 

Edited by dennymac
Hh

Can't seem to get rid of the Godwin / Evans tweet connected, but it looks a lot like it did without Coleman with different names.  1a/1b getting the majority of touches evenly between them with a sprinkle of the 3rd guy (until it becomes a blowout)

Edited by Bryce84
  • Like 1