smeeze

Matt Breida 2019 Outlook

Went Kirk instead of Breida, probably with the season on the line.  Just put a bullet in me, please.  💀 

Owning Brieda is the worst, he’s got an awful floor and not much of a ceiling with Coleman around. Never gets any TDs either. He’s also just good enough where you cannot drop him. I would only start him in an emergency.

Edited by daethfromabove1979
  • Like 1

FYI...I personally really need him this week and was a little nervous about having to wait until Monday but he's a go:

All cleared for Monday
November 9, 2019
Breida (ankle) does not carry an injury designation for Monday's contest against the Seahawks.
ANALYSIS
As expected, Breida is fully healthy heading into Monday's pivotal divisional matchup against the Seahawks. While Tevin Coleman is expected to receive his usual workload, both Breida and Coleman could see even better running lanes as left tackle Joe Staley (leg), right tackle Mike McGlinchey (knee) and fullback Kyle Juszczyk (knee) are all expected to play.

Hes been decent as a bench stash or a bye week fill, if you didnt want 0 points.

Just hasn't had the big runs as much as before.

On 8/28/2019 at 3:40 PM, Ruut6 said:

Lol Coleman also have over 1000 all purpose yards last year, and a 4.8 YPC.

I think there will certainly be balance to this backfield but there is absolutely zero objectivity in this thread at this point.

Good luck all. Only time will tell.

My official predictions are:

Coleman - 195/780/9 and 40/480/3

Breida - 170/730/3 and 30/270/1

16-game splits:

Coleman: 210/903/11.5 and 32/243/2.3

Breida: 194/964/1.8 and 28/195/1.8

Looking back, the chest pounding of this forum back in August for drafting a guy not projected to get any goal line work was pretty hilarious.

not the gl option.

minimal use in passing game. 

better back (Coleman) ahead of him.

Shannynanigans rbbc. 

in and out of games on the reg. 

only 2 TDs thru 9 games. 

drop him and hope a future opponent starts him against you. 

Is there anything more frustrating than being a Matt Breida owner.  This guy NEVER completes a game.  Just give it up already bro.  So sick of this ankle issue game after game.  Done with you.  Dropping for Moesert.

5 hours ago, Ruut6 said:

I was told he wasn’t injury prone!

Who told you that?

A lot of players unfairly get tagged as injury prone.  Brieda is not one of them.

I think I am going to be forced to drop him due to injuries/bye week. I don't want to, but he's basically a home run hitter or he's going to do what he did last night. 

6 hours ago, Ruut6 said:

I was told he wasn’t injury prone!

There are two things with "injury prone"

1.  Gets hurt a lot

2.  Cannot play through it

Injury prone means both.  Breida is (typically) only the first.  He is super tough.

Who knows how he is now though...maybe that ankle is finally going to get the best of him.

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

So if history is any guide that means he starts and Coleman gets less than 10 carries.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

If he is getting a 2nd opinion wouldn't that indicate it is more serious.  Doesn't that make sense.

team doc: "YOU FINE, SON!"

Breida: "it hurts, yo!"

team doc: "🤷‍♂️"

Breida: "a-ight, i'm out"

3 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

There are two things with "injury prone"

1.  Gets hurt a lot

2.  Cannot play through it

Injury prone means both.  Breida is (typically) only the first.  He is super tough.

Who knows how he is now though...maybe that ankle is finally going to get the best of him.

People in this thread Lamar Jackson level spin zoning that Matt Breida isn’t injury prone. Ahhhhhhh what a forum

5 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

People in this thread Lamar Jackson level spin zoning that Matt Breida isn’t injury prone. Ahhhhhhh what a forum

You do realize that almost every NFL player, by midseason, is injured?  What matters is if they can take the field and play well with the injury.

Its the same playbook for Breida every week.  All week limited or DNP with ankle injury.  Decides to play, is hurt by the 2nd half and out.  Its better that he doesn't.  At least you won't put him in the lineup.

13 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

You do realize that almost every NFL player, by midseason, is injured?  What matters is if they can take the field and play well with the injury.

..... aaaaaand therein lies the hugest problem with Breida, and why he is the easiest perma DND for me -

yeah, he'll play ... he'll "tough it out", and you insert him in the lineup ... then he goes for 2 or 3 points, limps off, and you're screwed. 

he's a ham n' egger level chap, who can deliver an explosive week, yes ... but he's not so special that he needs to be started if he's gimpy. 

i'd rather dood be ruled OUT so i can implement contingency.  

went thru this last year with this cat, cost me a game or two ... and i swore to never roster him again. 

/fin

Edited by pastorofmuppets2