smeeze

Matt Breida 2019 Outlook

14 hours ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

Breida looked great at times when healthy last year, and he even looked pretty good at times when he wasn't healthy, trying to gut out that ankle injury week after week. He's also the only one of San Fran's RB trio that has ever played a game for the team, whatever that's worth.

That said, there is just such a jumble in that backfield that it's difficult to be too optimistic on projections for any of them. At Breida's late 12th round price tag, though, I'd be happy to throw him on the end of my bench and hope he can carve out some value. 

Yeah got him in the 15th in my 10 team, will likely be a guy I drop for a defense/kicker before week 1 if Jerick and Tevin are both healthy going into week 1.

i just can’t see him being very valuable whatsoever with both of those guys there and healthy. In fact, I can’t really see any of those three being more than an RB3 maybe 2 if all three stay healthy. Will be a mess of a backfield in terms of fantasy 

1 minute ago, Big Tuna said:

with the McKinnon news stock is up......

He’s not a guy I’ve been sleeping on at all. I think he’s the best back on the team. 

9 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I think he’s the best back on the team. 

I think that if the three backs on one team struggle to combine for 31 games started in the past 2 seasons, and none of them ever exceeded 1100 yards, then "best" is somewhat limited.

I'm targeting this dude heavily right now. Absolute steal at his ADP. His ADP is 130 right now... 7 picks below Alexander Mattison. He's being drafted in the lotto ticket range, yet he will definitely have a role in this offense. Potentially a big one. He ran for 800+ yds and caught 27 of 31 targets last year. McKinnon looks like the odd man out, at least to start, and his main competition is a guy who's been a part of a comittee for his entire career (and current ADP is about 80 picks higher at #49 overall).

Here's the list of RB who had at least 150 carries last season and average 5.0+ YPC:

- Saquon

- CMC

- Phillip Lindsay

- Nick Chubb

- Melvin Gordon

- Matt Breida

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, '71 Bucks said:

I'm targeting this dude heavily right now. Absolute steal at his ADP. His ADP is 130 right now... 7 picks below Alexander Mattison. He's being drafted in the lotto ticket range, yet he will definitely have a role in this offense. Potentially a big one. He ran for 800+ yds and caught 27 of 31 targets last year. McKinnon looks like the odd man out, at least to start, and his main competition is a guy who's been a part of a comittee for his entire career (and current ADP is about 80 picks higher at #49 overall).

Here's the list of RB who had at least 150 carries last season and average 5.0+ YPC:

- Saquon

- CMC

- Phillip Lindsay

- Nick Chubb

- Melvin Gordon

- Matt Breida

but breida was hurt with some kind of injury weekly, if not daily...

so his YPC probably would have been 6-7+.

amazing how he kept playing hurt and kept producing.

Breida1.jpg

breida is friggin' TECHMO BOWL

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Wouldn't expect big things but as a late flyer with upside you could do much worse. I'm fine him as a RB4ish.

I had him last year and it was like 2 or 3 times where he was banged up after a couple minutes. I loved the good games where he scored 20+ Fantasy points obvious, but unfortunately he is not someone who stays healthy 

4 hours ago, KB24MVP said:

I had him last year and it was like 2 or 3 times where he was banged up after a couple minutes. I loved the good games where he scored 20+ Fantasy points obvious, but unfortunately he is not someone who stays healthy 

I believe it was essentially just the same ankle injury that he kept trying to fight through. It’s not as if it were a series of different injuries. 

You have to admire his toughness but he did burn fantasy owners in that week or two where he had to leave the game almost instantly. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 6:59 PM, Sack Exchange said:

breida is friggin' TECHMO BOWL

giphy.gif

Is that Pierre Garcon doing the blocking? Those last 40 yards are entirely on him, that is absolutely awesome.

• Like 1

Welp I drafted the wrong guy. Breida looks so much better then Coleman for the 2nd week now. Being moved around, targeted, and picking up chunk yardage. Congrats to those who got him late

I’ve been letting my leaguemates take Tevin in the 4th or 5th round, and routinely grabbing Breida in the 10th+. He’s simply the better running back to me. 

Yeah...Breida owners hit the jackpot here. Coleman and Mckinnon are just backup insurance

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Yeah...Breida owners hit the jackpot here. Coleman and Mckinnon are just backup insurance

starting to look that way

18 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Sounds like McKinnon might practice this week which would complicate things. 49era have a lot of money invested in McKinnon. 

Edited by gbill2004

16 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Sounds like McKinnon might practice this week which would complicate things. 49era have a lot of money invested in McKinnon. 

Im pretty sure most of the guaranteed money was front loaded into last season.

5 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Im pretty sure most of the guaranteed money was front loaded into last season.

Interesting if true. Do you have a source on that? 

2 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Interesting if true. Do you have a source on that? 

This is all I found for McKinnon:

Contract Terms
3/14/2018: Signed a four-year, $30 million contract. Deal includes $15.7 million guaranteed and a $2 million signing bonus.

Coleman - $10MM two year

Breida - Pennies.

I think McKinnon will take over when healthy. Plus a SPARQ freak obv.

54 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Where did you see the practice reports?

1 hour ago, martinjlm said:

So is Breida

1 hour ago, nonstopfan said:

Where did you see the practice reports?

On the first page of this website. How lazy are you?

1 hour ago, martinjlm said:

I'll believe it when I see it. What I have seen is Breida ball out. If he's there in the 8th and I need an RB I'm taking him and not thinking twice about it.