CooL

Amari Cooper 2019 Outlook

15 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Where did I say that Cooper wasn't?   But they'll be very close to equal in this offense in terms of targets.  

Sorry if you interpret this as me pooping on Cooper.

Dude if somebody offered me Gallup for Cooper I would just start laughing at them.  Then, once I was done, I would gleefully hit "reject".  😂

16 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Gallup will have a few nice games sprinkled in with some duds this season and he will probably finish about the WR50 or so.

Cooper is gunning for the top spot.

Other than that, they are just the same.

WR50 was Kenny Stills last year. That was with 37/553/6. If you think Gallup will post anything close to that you are nuts. He's going to be easily Top 25 and likely within the Top 20. That's minimum, unless he's out way longer than expected. Targets in two games were pretty split. In that offense two receivers of this caliber can be supported.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, K197040 said:

LOL...I guess I'm the odd man out in the Cooper thread.   I think the only thing that will drastically separate them at the end of the year is TDs.   And I'll bet $50 that Gallup is a top 36 WR on a ppg basis.

I'll also bet that advanced metrics support that he's got better hands. 

Good thing those don't matter in fantasy.  😂

Just now, kraftwrk_5 said:

Dude if somebody offered me Gallup for Cooper I would just start laughing at them.  Then, once I was done, I would gleefully hit "reject".  😂

You need to go back and read the discussion before throwing in your half cent comment.

Nowhere did I say that Gallup is a better ff option.  In fact, I said the opposite. 

But in terms of targets, it's not going to be a very large gap.

4 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Good thing those don't matter in fantasy.  😂

ah...you did read what I said.   It is a good thing.   As I said earlier, I have both Gallup and Cooper and will never start Gallup instead. 

But that's not what the discussion was about.  

Edited by K197040

1 hour ago, K197040 said:

I don't know about that.  It seems like they're close to 1A and 1B in terms of targets when they're both playing.   Gallup probably has better hands and speed but likely not as good a route runner (yet).   Without Gallup, I think Cooper has a small uptick in targets but probably not much.

All that being said, we haven't really seen them play a solid defense yet.   I think in those cases, Dak will throw to whoever is open.  I think both will be involved but it's possible we see wide swings like with Godwin and Evans in the first three games.   I realize it's a different offense but I don't think they'll force it to Cooper if Gallup has a plus matchup all game.

Cooper doesn’t have the best hands I’ll give you that, IIRC he had a drop yesterday that would have went for about 30 yards but I wouldn’t say Gallup is faster than Cooper. He runs more go routes but that is probably more an indication of his strengths compared to cooper. Cooper excels in route running and YAC so it doesn’t truly make sense for him to run 9 routes, although his 2 huge games last year featured long TDs on go routes so he’s more than capable of doing this if he has to. I know 40 yard dash times don’t correlate to game speed but Cooper ran a 4.4 and Gallup ran a 4.5.

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Where do you get that Gallup has better hands than Cooper? If you watched all the games then I'm guessing you saw Gallup catch the ball at a 48% clip last season too.

Catch rate is such a misleading stat. When your running almost primarily deep routes of course your catch rate will be low because they are low probability routes. Desean jackson who is probably the greatest deep threat receiver has a career catch rate of 56%. Drop rate would have been a better stat to use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, K197040 said:

ankle

My opponent has him, so I don't mind the news. Hopefully he gets better for Week 5. I'm sure he will probably show up Sunday night and play through it though.

1 minute ago, K197040 said:

although I can't find anything else other than a Sleeper alert.

Just now, oliminator123 said:

I don't see anything anywhere about this. 

link above...here's the meat of it

FRISCO -- Cowboys wide receiver Amari Cooper underwent an MRI exam on his ankle a source said on Wednesday.

The source said the MRI was done for precautionary reasons and the wide receiver should be fine.

Anyone know if he practiced yesterday?  RW is asleep at the switch...

I’m very concerned for Cooper this week.  Might draw shadow coverage from Alexander who is proving to be a legit star CB.  Even the Cowboy biased writers are suggesting Dak avoid throws in that direction.

Edited by K197040

32 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I’m very concerned for Cooper this week.  Might draw shadow coverage from Alexander who is proving to be a legit star CB.  Even the Cowboy biased writers are suggesting Dak avoid throws in that direction.

He's given up TDs to Alshon and Diggs. Also, ARob put up 102 yards while seeing a lot of Alexander. But yeah, otherwise, he has been one of the better corners in the league. It won't be an easy day for either player, but Amari's talent, size advantage, and volume give him a better than average chance to put up valuable points.