CooL

Amari Cooper 2019 Outlook

He had 4-80-1 outside and on the road which are his two biggest negative trends, hopefully the home/away splits become a thing of the past with a better connection with Dak.

Stud. He was one of those players I felt “meh” about after my draft and, man, was I ever wrong.

I was surprised he didn't get much love. checked every box preseason. good line, balanced offense, good qb, #1 wr with limited competition for targets, thats not even talking about the talent of coop.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

I was surprised he didn't get much love. checked every box preseason. good line, balanced offense, good qb, #1 wr with limited competition for targets, thats not even talking about the talent of coop.

Wasn’t a fan of Dak in the preseason, tbh. The biggest check of all was missing for me personally. Glad my other choices were gone.

Nearly doubled the production of my other two starting WRs combined lol (Allen and Amendola). Wasn’t enough to save me this week, but glad he at least came through at the end.

5 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

Not just that but he became a WR1 the moment he got traded to a real team. And it's not like he wasn't a WR1 before Oakland started falling apart around him. 

What are the thoughts on him ROS?  2 good matchups in a row and then 3, possibly 4 brutal ones

Edited by abachar

2 minutes ago, abachar said:

What are the thoughts on him ROS?  2 good matchups in a row and then 3, possibly 4 brutal ones

Cooper IS the brutal matchup.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, abachar said:

What are the brutal ones? Other than week 12, none of them scare me. 

9 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

What are the brutal ones? Other than week 12, none of them scare me. 

New England and Buffalo back to back (Gilmore and Tre'Davious White), then the Bears (tough but beatable secondary), then the Rams (Ramsey)

Edited by abachar

1 hour ago, abachar said:

easily a top 10 receiver ROS.  Throw these names in a hat and randomly pick the order.  Amari, Julio, M Thomas, Hopkins, Kupp, Adams, Tyreek, Evans, Godwin

2 hours ago, abachar said:

New England and Buffalo back to back (Gilmore and Tre'Davious White), then the Bears (tough but beatable secondary), then the Rams (Ramsey)

I guess it's a little concerning.  But so far, Cooper has been able to get open against everyone he's gone against.  including GB's Alexander.

And not just a little open but wide open.   I just can't see him being shut down for a full game.  

Cooper is fighting through the pain to try to get that no. 1 spot.  I like his chances.

On 11/4/2019 at 5:52 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Reminiscing of the times I called Amari Cooper's talent better than OBJ's.

People would throw up at the idea of owning OBJ over Amari now.

1254172884282.jpg_1254173845.cf (1).jpg

While true, it also depends on the system you're in. Amari was in a bad system in Oakland. OBJ is in a bad system in Cleveland. Strangely, he had a good thing in NY with Eli

9 minutes ago, munygon2 said:

Amari Cooper (knee) is visiting a doctor to go over his MRI and won't practice Thursday.

Cooper is reportedly expected to play in Week 10 against the Vikings, but he's clearly not operating at 100 percent. Cooper (unbeknownst to media) suffered a knee injury in practice last week and re-aggravated it after stumping his knee into the turf Monday night. If healthy, continue to treat the Cowboys' undisputed No. 1 pass-game target as a high-end WR1. Michael Gallup, Randall Cobb and a mix of Cedrick Wilson and Tavon Austin would likely work in 3-WR sets if Cooper is ultimately sideline

12 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Amari Cooper (knee) is visiting a doctor to go over his MRI and won't practice Thursday.

Cooper is reportedly expected to play in Week 10 against the Vikings, but he's clearly not operating at 100 percent. Cooper (unbeknownst to media) suffered a knee injury in practice last week and re-aggravated it after stumping his knee into the turf Monday night. If healthy, continue to treat the Cowboys' undisputed No. 1 pass-game target as a high-end WR1. Michael Gallup, Randall Cobb and a mix of Cedrick Wilson and Tavon Austin would likely work in 3-WR sets if Cooper is ultimately sideline

The fact that he is meeting with Dr. is worrisome. 

if MRI was clean there'd be no need to miss practice and meet with a doctor in person. i wonder if he has something similar to what Gallup had earlier this season... and perhaps they are meeting to talk about whether to trim (the 2-4 week procedure) or do something else (maybe nothing?).... note im not a doctor i just play one on forums

Edited by boredster

1 hour ago, boredster said:

if MRI was clean there'd be no need to miss practice and meet with a doctor in person. i wonder if he has something similar to what Gallup had earlier this season... and perhaps they are meeting to talk about whether to trim (the 2-4 week procedure) or do something else (maybe nothing?).... note im not a doctor i just play one on forums

Luckily I'm a Doctor and I concur! 

• Haha 1