CooL

Amari Cooper 2019 Outlook

6 minutes ago, lla887 said:

I own him in a ten teamer with 2 starting WR and am starting him.  

Cooper has shown that when healthy he can get open against the best corners in the league.  Gilmore is no exception.  

Is there a chance he puts up a dud?  Sure.  But to bench a player of his caliber because you’re scared of the matchup is just bad managing.  

But is he healthy? he played 55% of snaps last week...

3 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

But is he healthy? he played 55% of snaps last week...

That one I can’t answer.  But he’s been a full practice participant all week, so I’m operating under the assumption that he’s good to go against the Pats.  

Kills me to see people second guess this guy.  He may be the best route runner in the league.  If any receiver can get open against the Pats D Cooper is the guy.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lla887 said:

That one I can’t answer.  But he’s been a full practice participant all week, so I’m operating under the assumption that he’s good to go against the Pats.  

Kills me to see people second guess this guy.  He may be the best route runner in the league.  If any receiver can get open against the Pats D Cooper is the guy.  

I like to go by the numbers. His away stats are terrible and NE is the best defense against the pass. 

1 minute ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I like to go by the numbers. His away stats are terrible and NE is the best defense against the pass. 

I don't put much into the home/away.    In 2 of the away games, he 1) got hurt on the first reception and 2) only played 55% of the snaps.

But the Pats defense is a definite concern.  Although I'm still starting him.  

Amari has always put up better numbers in Dallas, but he can manage 1 TD on the road.

I imagine Belichek will key in on him in this one though.

14 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I don't put much into the home/away.    In 2 of the away games, he 1) got hurt on the first reception and 2) only played 55% of the snaps.

But the Pats defense is a definite concern.  Although I'm still starting him.  

The home/away splits for Cooper aren’t a this year problem they are a whole career problem.

In his career he has 35 home starts and 36 road starts, he has the basically the same targets (270 Home to 274 Away) but he has 42 less catches, 900 less yards, 12 less TDs, his catch rate is down 15% and YPG drops by 25.

Coopers a great receiver but expecting anything more that low end WR2 numbers this week may be pushing it.

5 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

The home/away splits for Cooper aren’t a this year problem they are a whole career problem.

In his career he has 35 home starts and 36 road starts, he has the basically the same targets (270 Home to 274 Away) but he has 42 less catches, 900 less yards, 12 less TDs, his catch rate is down 15% and YPG drops by 25.

Coopers a great receiver but expecting anything more that low end WR2 numbers this week may be pushing it.

I would be happy with his ESPN projection of 13.4.....I just hate when someone like him puts up 6 points and I have a scrub on my bench getting me 20.

Feel like you gotta handcuff him with Cobb this late into the season. Or trade for Gallup but Cobb is nearly free and Gallup costs a WR2 equivalent.

1. NE is weak against the run not the pass

2. Amari played 50% snaps due to injury in a  must win Detroit game where Dak had over 400yds on 49 attempts

3. Hoodie likes to neutralize the best weapon and currently the best weapon on Dallas is Amari

4. The cowboys have shown they  will limit his snaps based on injury concerns

It's his utilization based on existing injuries against the Pats I am concerned about, this could be an Amari decoy attack with zeke and pollard game.

I may sit him

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

2. Amari played 50% snaps due to injury in a  must win Detroit game where Dak had over 400yds on 49 attempts

3. Hoodie likes to neutralize the best weapon and currently the best weapon on Dallas is Amari

It's his utilization based on existing injuries against the Pats I am concerned about, this could be an Amari decoy attack with zeke and pollard game.

I may sit him

Let me know what you do sir, thanks!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

I may sit him

I'm feeling this too. 

The best route running in the world isn't going to shake a Hoodie shutdown scheme.  Odds are Cooper gets the eraser, exotic blitzes pressure Dak into mistakes, and Hoodie just lets Zeke do what he's gonna do.

2 hours ago, ragrag said:

I'm feeling this too. 

The best route running in the world isn't going to shake a Hoodie shutdown scheme.  Odds are Cooper gets the eraser, exotic blitzes pressure Dak into mistakes, and Hoodie just lets Zeke do what he's gonna do.

How many options do you have to where you can afford sitting Amari? He's top 4 in PPR right now. 

Edited by FlaccoMcOrangy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dashoe said:

I may sit him

I understand your concerns, but I disagree. First, "Hoodie" is more afraid of Zek running all over them and giving NE a negative game script in both points and TOP. Second, he's an elite WR #1 with a competent QB that can run/scramble and shake up Ds. All Cooper needs is one play to smoke the NE D for a TD and some yards and he's good. Thirdly, he's off the injury report. The "Hoddie" as you call him, will focus on stopping the run, because NE can't allow Dallas to run the clock and limit NE offensive snaps. NE is not talented enough to have their possessions limited if Zek is running on them and scoring TDs. There is no way in hell any Cooper owner should be sitting him. Dallas is going to run the ball down NE's throat and then throw to Cooper. Unless you're looking for 30 points from Cooper, I'm just fine starting him. Expecting 10-16 points.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, FlaccoMcOrangy said:

How many options do you have to where you can afford sitting Amari? He's top 4 in PPR right now. 

I have crowder-parker-jbrown as wr options. all competent fill ins if i think Amari is going to be limited during he game

19 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I have crowder-parker-jbrown as wr options. all competent fill ins if i think Amari is going to be limited during he game

What news are you reading? Cooper is a full go. Trolling? Are you even a Cooper owner?

5 minutes ago, Blazer said:

What news are you reading? Cooper is a full go. Trolling? Are you even a Cooper owner?

It’s simple if you have low risk options to plug in for Cooper than this is the week to do it. Even Dak is projected to struggle in this one. If not, then you put him in your lineup and hope for the best. I invested in Cooper in all of my leagues and have no choice but to use him in 2 of 3 leagues. Welcome to week 12. Hold on to your butts. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, DaileyPrayer said:

It’s simple if you have low risk options to plug in for Cooper than this is the week to do it. Even Dak is projected to struggle in this one. If not, then you put him in your lineup and hope for the best. I invested in Cooper in all of my leagues and have no choice but to use him in 2 of 3 leagues. Welcome to week 12. Hold on to your butts. 

This is why people fail to make the playoffs. Sit Cooper because you're afraid Dak will struggle? We're not starting Dak. We're starting Cooper. I can't say this enough ... Dak needs tons of plays to be a QB#1 this week. Fine, sit Dak. Cooper needs just one play. Well, I'm headed to the FF playoffs and I'm taking Cooper with me. I hope you and me both fair well.

Just to sum up, Cooper is OFF the injury report, NE must concentrate on stopping the Dallas run game, Dak is an active QB that can run and scramble which allows the WRs to freelance and get open. Cooper just needs one TD play of 30 yards to make his projected points. Sit him for Crowder, Parker, Brown? No thanks.

Edited by Blazer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FlaccoMcOrangy said:

Top 3 in standard!  Cooper should not be benched.  Period.  (Probably didn’t need to write period when I ended my sentence with one but I felt it added extra emphasis)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaileyPrayer said:

It’s simple if you have low risk options to plug in for Cooper than this is the week to do it. Even Dak is projected to struggle in this one. If not, then you put him in your lineup and hope for the best. I invested in Cooper in all of my leagues and have no choice but to use him in 2 of 3 leagues. Welcome to week 12. Hold on to your butts. Be

Being benched. I just see a slug fest. Pure gut

Edited by itschief33

Lol @ benching Coop.

The Pats have faced 1 legit elite WR all season. OBJ.

Start your studs.

• Like 1

The Pats have give up one TD pass to a WR all year (10-games)

20 minutes ago, jwilsonxo said:

How did he do? I think that's pretty much what you can expect from Cooper...The Pats also didn't have Chung against the Browns: I could see 5 for 50 doubt he sees the end zone though

Edited by hockeyfan77

6 hours ago, jwilsonxo said:

Lol @ benching Coop.

Start your studs.

Agree completely.  Benching AC is crazy talk.  He’s a master technician playing on an elite level.   This is the definition of getting too cute.

The last thing NE wants is Dallas bullying them down the field,  eating clock.  This is when they look mortal.  NE front isn’t anywhere close to a team like Minnesota.   They cannot sit back in base coverage and count on A gap pressure to limit the Dallas running game.  There will be no shortage of one on one opportunities for Amari and the WRs.   Make Dak beat you— don’t let Zeke eat 8 min at a time.  

i heard the weather could be bad...but short of 20+ MPH sustained-   Don’t even consider sitting AC

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 2

Someone in the Gallup thread mentioned a reporter saying that Belli would put Gilmore on Gallup and double Cooper.  If that’s true, I’m far more concerned than if he just sees Gilmore.

to clarify, he said MJD said that.  Is that Jones Drew?  How are his takes?

That seems like a solid game plan

Edited by K197040