CooL

Amari Cooper 2019 Outlook

13 hours ago, Blazer said:

What news are you reading? Cooper is a full go. Trolling? Are you even a Cooper owner?

I don't see your team in your signature but mine is on display every day from draft day and I update it every couple of weeks so people can view if i have a stake in certain players. So never accuse me of trolling sir.😂

So maybe you don't follow fantasy much if you think any of the HEALTHY players I mentioned on my roster are terrible substitutes for Amari who has been UNHEALTHY and played reduced snaps in a a must win game last week.

Crowder for example in his last 3 games as has  had at least 5 catches +7yds+ 1TD in each game with at least 28% target share.

He has also been the #1 ppr wr in fantasy the last 3 games.

Again I am speaking of substitutes if a team manager feels that Amari will play on reduced snaps for what is believed to be a tough matchup.

Do your research before you continue to embarrass yourself with all of the hype posting 🙄

1 Jamison Crowder NYJ 60.0 3 20.0
2 Tyreek Hill KC 59.5 3 19.8
3 Marvin Jones DET 59.2 3 19.7
4 Mike Evans TB 59.1 3 19.7
5 John Brown BUF 59.0 3 19.7
6 Amari Cooper DAL 56.5 3 18.8
7 Jarvis Landry CLE 56.1 3 18.7
8 D.J. Moore CAR 55.6 3 18.5
9 Michael Thomas NO 53.6 2 26.8
10 Michael Gallup DAL 52.7 3 17.6
11 Randall Cobb DAL 51.6 3 17.2
12 Christian Kirk ARI 51.6 3 17.2

21 hours ago, lla887 said:

That one I can’t answer.  But he’s been a full practice participant all week, so I’m operating under the assumption that he’s good to go against the Pats.  

Kills me to see people second guess this guy.  He may be the best route runner in the league.  If any receiver can get open against the Pats D Cooper is the guy.  

It seems you are confusing peoples concerns for his recent health issues vs your belief in his talent and production. Part of managing is weighing the risk of health related production 😂

13 hours ago, Blazer said:

This is why people fail to make the playoffs.

Sit Cooper because you're afraid Dak will struggle? We're not starting Dak. We're starting Cooper. I can't say this enough ... Dak needs tons of plays to be a QB#1 this week. Fine, sit Dak. Cooper needs just one play. Well, I'm headed to the FF playoffs and I'm taking Cooper with me. I hope you and me both fair well.

Just to sum up, Cooper is OFF the injury report, NE must concentrate on stopping the Dallas run game, Dak is an active QB that can run and scramble which allows the WRs to freelance and get open. Cooper just needs one TD play of 30 yards to make his projected points. Sit him for Crowder, Parker, Brown? No thanks.

No this is not why people fail to make the playoffs. A team has 9 slots for point production for point every week for 13 weeks. Amari is just 1 slot of production. 

I'm in the playoffs and I'm locking down my bye week, so if I think Amari is not a full go for Sunday because I think he may be injury limited or a decoy or shutdown by hoodie then that's a call as a manager i must make but I'm still in the playoffs.😂

I think there are enough issues to warrant a manager to consider not starting him;it should be part of the process of roster management.

32 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Someone in the Gallup thread mentioned a reporter saying that Belli would put Gilmore on Gallup and double Cooper.  If that’s true, I’m far more concerned than if he just sees Gilmore.

to clarify, he said MJD said that.  Is that Jones Drew?  How are his takes?

That seems like a solid game plan

He’s always done that in the previous years but this year in the 2 matchups with decent receivers Juju and OBJ he’s let Gilmore do more shadowing than in years past. I would say based off of that Cooper will get a decent bit of Gilmore but due to how Cobb and Gallup are playing I highly doubt he gets constant double teams.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, dashoe said:

It seems you are confusing peoples concerns for his recent health issues vs your belief in his talent and production. Part of managing is weighing the risk of health related production 😂

Except for the first paragraph of the post you quoted where I addressed the injury concerns.   But good underlining and emojis

15 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

He’s always done that in the previous years but this year in the 2 matchups with decent receivers Juju and OBJ he’s let Gilmore do more shadowing than in years past. I would say based off of that Cooper will get a decent bit of Gilmore but due to how Cobb and Gallup are playing I highly doubt he gets constant double teams.

Hope that’s the case.  I trust Amari in single coverage to at least get 10 PPR points.  

With both defenses being weaker against the run and with the Pats missing a couple of WR, I can see this being a very low scoring game.  And I don’t buy that the CB will be down so much that they have to throw every play.

3 minutes ago, lla887 said:

Except for the first paragraph of the post you quoted where I addressed the injury concerns.   But good underlining and emojis

You didnt make a clear distinction you went directly into the hate  to see people 2nd guess the guy as if the injury was of no concern since you said he was not on the injury report. The injury report does not mean he will not be limited in the game since this injury of his has been a recurring but manageable one.

Amari has been managing this knee injury since the Giants game and he had an MRI on it and then he tweaked it again in the Lions game to the point they reduced his snaps. It's not an issue managers should ignore going into Sunday because it's not about his talent, it's about his health.

14 minutes ago, dashoe said:

You didnt make a clear distinction you went directly into the hate  to see people 2nd guess the guy as if the injury was of no concern since you said he was not on the injury report. The injury report does not mean he will not be limited in the game since this injury of his has been a recurring but manageable one.

Amari has been managing this knee injury since the Giants game and he had an MRI on it and then he tweaked it again in the Lions game to the point they reduced his snaps. It's not an issue managers should ignore going into Sunday because it's not about his talent, it's about his health.

I don’t know man.  I respect trying to factor in all the variables but I think you might be overcomplicating this one.  The injury report is the best/only info we have and it says he’s good to go.  The start your studs rule applies here.  

Don’t get me wrong Amari could totally bust.  I get that.  But I would rather take a chance on him then someone like Crowder or Parker.  

Good luck with your decision 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, dashoe said:

1. NE is weak against the run not the pass

2. Amari played 50% snaps due to injury in a  must win Detroit game where Dak had over 400yds on 49 attempts

3. Hoodie likes to neutralize the best weapon and currently the best weapon on Dallas is Amari

4. The cowboys have shown they  will limit his snaps based on injury concerns

It's his utilization based on existing injuries against the Pats I am concerned about, this could be an Amari decoy attack with zeke and pollard game.

I may sit him

Let me know what you do sir, thanks!

Just now, iretirefromfantasy said:

Let me know what you do sir, thanks!

I wish it was that simple. I also have lockett so I am in a sort of a bind in terms of total roster management. 

I am inclined to start Amari because the knee issue has been . . key word MANAGEABLE since early November. I am also thinking if Dallas can get zeke and Pollard going this game becomes a grind with the dink and dunk of NE style given Brady has no true pass and field stretching options to torch Dallas secondary the way the lions did. So Dak making 49 pass attempts is less likely to happen.

Now I say all of that to say inclined to start Amari but a run heavy game script and  Gilmore is going to focus on locking down Amari down means that cobb and gallup make it easier as alternative options for Dak to move the ball through the air. NE is dominant in interceptions so i just dont think Dak is going to challenge their secondary alot with 8-10 targets to Amari. What you hope for is a busted big play  or a couple of redzone tds for Cooper.

What i am hoping to see is Dallas do something no one is expecting them to do, pass, pass, pass. I'm HOPING Moore+Garret say screw the grinding run game and air it out from the first snap and then give zeke the ball in the 4th qtr 😂

I honestly think this game is a coin flip for Amari owners.

if ne is weak against the run and the comboys want to run the ball and get zeke going wouldn't you think ne wants to gameplan to stop zeke and that power run game? health is a concern but if you think he will survive and is close to healthy then you have to start him.

Here's my little rule of thumb for managing Amari Cooper:

If he's on bye or inactive, bench him that weak.

Otherwise, always have him on your active list.

• Like 2

Sensible write up from a yahoo analyst without a strong bias but a decent perspective on how to view the possibilities:

Will Bill Belichick flummox Dak Prescott?

The Cowboys trip to Foxborough is one of the matchups of the week. It means a ton to Dak Prescott. The Dallas quarterback has all the statistical boxes checked on an MVP-type of resume in 2019. He just needs some big wins and signature moments. A win over the Patriots in Gillette would perhaps launch him into the top tier with Lamar Jackson and Russell Wilson. 

The Patriots pass defense won’t make things easy. New England is still the No. 1 ranked pass defense by Football Outsiders despite their loss to Lamar Jackson a few weeks back. While their own scoring unit didn’t look great off the bye, they suffocated Carson Wentz in Week 11. He completed just 50% of his passes at a measly 5.4 yards per attempt. 

It’s always tough to guess how Bill Belichick will defend a great offense but we’ve seen him deploy a specific coverage plan against teams like Dallas before. Belichick undoubtedly knows Dallas is fueled by their pass game at this point. With the Patriots’ weakness as a rush defense, he may well invite them to run on them and lure the Cowboys into a conservative trap they’re all too willing to fall into with their Ezekiel Elliott “establish the run” obsession. 

On the back end, we could see them line up top corner Stephon Gilmore on Michael Gallup and bracket Amari Cooper. We’ve seen this approach by Belichick many times over the years against strong receiver duos. Gallup is having an awesome breakout season but would be in for a slog against Gilmore. He allows the lowest passer rating (24.5) among corners this year. Cooper is good enough to beat brackets or avoid a safety shaded his way but it just increases the margin for error. 

That still might not be enough to slow down Dak Prescott. The Cowboys passer is playing like a star this year and it’s apparent by how he’s involving his ancillary players. Slot receiver Randall Cobb has 100 yards in back-to-back games. Backup running back Tony Pollard was a big factor as a receiver last week with 4-44 and a touchdown. Even the ancient Jason Witten has been relevant on the occasion here in 2019. 

Belichick will certainly make Dak reach deeper into the bag to move the ball on their defense. He will dare players like Cobb, Pollard and even Witten to beat them. The reality is, however, Prescott is playing well enough that he might just elevate them to the point that the Cowboys can do it. Even if this doesn’t turn into a banger from a point-total perspective, it’s hard to see him turning in a true dud performance. 

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Sensible write up from a yahoo analyst without a strong bias but a decent perspective on how to view the possibilities:

Will Bill Belichick flummox Dak Prescott?

The Cowboys trip to Foxborough is one of the matchups of the week. It means a ton to Dak Prescott. The Dallas quarterback has all the statistical boxes checked on an MVP-type of resume in 2019. He just needs some big wins and signature moments. A win over the Patriots in Gillette would perhaps launch him into the top tier with Lamar Jackson and Russell Wilson. 

The Patriots pass defense won’t make things easy. New England is still the No. 1 ranked pass defense by Football Outsiders despite their loss to Lamar Jackson a few weeks back. While their own scoring unit didn’t look great off the bye, they suffocated Carson Wentz in Week 11. He completed just 50% of his passes at a measly 5.4 yards per attempt. 

It’s always tough to guess how Bill Belichick will defend a great offense but we’ve seen him deploy a specific coverage plan against teams like Dallas before. Belichick undoubtedly knows Dallas is fueled by their pass game at this point. With the Patriots’ weakness as a rush defense, he may well invite them to run on them and lure the Cowboys into a conservative trap they’re all too willing to fall into with their Ezekiel Elliott “establish the run” obsession. 

On the back end, we could see them line up top corner Stephon Gilmore on Michael Gallup and bracket Amari Cooper. We’ve seen this approach by Belichick many times over the years against strong receiver duos. Gallup is having an awesome breakout season but would be in for a slog against Gilmore. He allows the lowest passer rating (24.5) among corners this year. Cooper is good enough to beat brackets or avoid a safety shaded his way but it just increases the margin for error. 

That still might not be enough to slow down Dak Prescott. The Cowboys passer is playing like a star this year and it’s apparent by how he’s involving his ancillary players. Slot receiver Randall Cobb has 100 yards in back-to-back games. Backup running back Tony Pollard was a big factor as a receiver last week with 4-44 and a touchdown. Even the ancient Jason Witten has been relevant on the occasion here in 2019. 

Belichick will certainly make Dak reach deeper into the bag to move the ball on their defense. He will dare players like Cobb, Pollard and even Witten to beat them. The reality is, however, Prescott is playing well enough that he might just elevate them to the point that the Cowboys can do it. Even if this doesn’t turn into a banger from a point-total perspective, it’s hard to see him turning in a true dud performance. 

He’s about to face one of his toughest challenges yet. Speaking at his locker Wednesday, the New England Patriots star essentially acknowledged he’ll be shadowing Amari Cooper when the Dallas Cowboys visit Gillette Stadium this Sunday — a difficult assignment even for a cover man of Gilmore’s caliber. “It’s a big challenge for us,” Gilmore said. “I’m looking forward to it.”

https://nesn.com/2019/11/stephon-gilmore-geared-up-for-amari-cooper-showdown-vs-cowboys/

So the coverage is tough and the defense as a whole is scary but now we also fa for is rain all morning until about 8 PM....seems like a very negative game script for the passing game. 

We benching him or what? Matchup and poor weather has me wanting to put someone [else] the flex. 

this screams 4-40 type of game for Cooper

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content
  • Like 1

I'm not expecting much either, but i simply can't bench him if he's in the lineup.  Tough matchup, no doubt but he does have a few things going for him--one of the best route runners in league, decent QB throwing him the ball, great run game....gotta roll with him.

For the Cowboys to have any chance Dak will have to run a little more than he's used to, do something the Pats have not really schemed for. He's not Lamar Jackson but throwing a little chaos into the game script is going to help open everything else up. Defense needs to play lights out as well and lay siege on Brady.

I wish I had a viable option to start in place of Cooper, but need to roll with him and hope Gilmore slips on the wet field a couple times. 

Edited by pikerbkb

20 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Start your studs.

7 for 95 and a TD

Tried and true. This could easily play out. The receiver always has the advantage over the DB on a sloppy field. 

I know hindsight is 20-20 but 0 for 0 is just laughably bad and also proves that “Start your studs no matter what” shouldn’t be a thing. 2 away games remaining and I’m classifying him as a WR2 for those games, his floor when not playing in Jerry World is non-existent.

A healthy Cooper in my lineup gave me less points than the 6.8 last week 🤣

It's not even worth analyzing this game for fantasy purposes.

Dallas didnt execute on their gameplan and didnt exploit what the pat's def was giving them. 

Dallas is in must win every game mode to lock in a playoff spot, so they wont be able to win without Amari producing.

Let's hope the positive point regression returns next week

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

Let's hope the positive point regression returns next week

They have a home game so it will. He averages 7-114-1 in Jerry World.

• Haha 1