CooL

Amari Cooper 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, Ddam2013 said:

They have a home game so it will. He averages 7-114-1 in Jerry World.

I like Jerry World. Fun place!

Tre White will also be locking him down on Thanksgiving so tread carefully bros.

He’s played in 6 road games this year and his stats are 17-213-2, less yards than he had in the GB game alone. To me he is a matchup based play when on the road and he’ll probably be on my bench for week the first week of the playoffs against the bears.

We can sit here and make up all the excuses we want for this but these are not numbers that elite WR1’s put up. 

1 hour ago, Ddam2013 said:

He’s played in 6 road games this year and his stats are 17-213-2, less yards than he had in the GB game alone. To me he is a matchup based play when on the road and he’ll probably be on my bench for week the first week of the playoffs against the bears.

We can sit here and make up all the excuses we want for this but these are not numbers that elite WR1’s put up. 

He had 2 targets today.  It wasn't like he had a 7 drop goose egg.  This is a referendum on Dak more than Coop.  Gilmore didn't have to shut down Cooper b/c Dak ignored him.

w/e.  I benched him today.  There were signs.  But he looked healthy all game long and will be in my lineups from here out.  

I can't blame him for this performance.  Dark basically ignored him for most of the game 

Cowboys were just pathetic tonight. It felt like they were scared  of the Patriots. That last field goal when they were down by 7, with less than 4 minutes to play instead of going for it was the perfect example of how pathetic they were tonight. Dak never looked his way even when he couldn't complete a pass for s---.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

A healthy Cooper in my lineup gave me less points than the 6.8 last week 🤣

It's not even worth analyzing this game for fantasy purposes.

Dallas didnt execute on their gameplan and didnt exploit what the pat's def was giving them. 

Dallas is in must win every game mode to lock in a playoff spot, so they wont be able to win without Amari producing.

Let's hope the positive point regression returns next week

Not making excuse but he decidedly did not look healthy.  He was limping around between routes as well as not being in for a lot of snaps.  That plus Gilmore plus the weather...too much to overcome.  

Throwing this game away - In NE with terrible weather conditions.  

Cooper clearly performs better at home than away as people have mentioned.  So at home, we can expect WR1 production, and when Dallas is away, we just need to temper expectations.  Bench him if you have a crazy set of WRs, but not many of us have that luxury.  Cooper will be in my line-up every week, I just expect less out of him in road games.

• Like 2

Do we fear he has a bad week? He seems to be playing limited snaps, 3 receptions the last two games combined. I can not afford to play him for him to do nothing! It’s a win or go home for me this week!

what's his floor this week? It’s another solid matchup against a really good defender. 

Think he will stay on my bench, even at home I don't think we can expect much against White...this smells like a Zeke feature game and Gallup gets leftovers.

you cant sit coop lol
he'll bounce back this week for sure.. BOOK IT

weeks ago everyone saying how hes matchup proof etc, two bad games (with lingering injuries) and all a sudden he's bench? 

26 minutes ago, BeefDaddy said:

you cant sit coop lol
he'll bounce back this week for sure.. BOOK IT

weeks ago everyone saying how hes matchup proof etc, two bad games (with lingering injuries) and all a sudden he's bench? 

You can't sit him? I heard that last week! He is playing LIMITED SNAPS as well.............It's concerning. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Do we fear he has a bad week? He seems to be playing limited snaps, 3 receptions the last two games combined. I can not afford to play him for him to do nothing! It’s a win or go home for me this week!

what's his floor this week? It’s another solid matchup against a really good defender. 

WRs have put up decent games vs. the Bills. 

If he's healthy, I'm thinking his floor is around 5/50. 

But the health is way more concerning to me than the matchup.

If you watched the game Sunday, you could tell he's nowhere close to 100%.  And now he's on a short week.

1 minute ago, K197040 said:

WRs have put up decent games vs. the Bills. 

If he's healthy, I'm thinking his floor is around 5/50. 

But the health is way more concerning to me than the matchup.

If you watched the game Sunday, you could tell he's nowhere close to 100%.  And now he's on a short week.

I agree.....Do we know his snap % from that game? In a must win game for me It's hard to start him knowing he could be once again limited........

3 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I agree.....Do we know his snap % from that game? In a must win game for me It's hard to start him knowing he could be once again limited........

They mentioned it on a podcast yesterday and I think it was somewhere around 80%. 

But I don't know what to even make of that.   Easily could have been out there just to pull Gilmore into covering him. 

For him to get consistently get open vs White, he needs to be closer to 100% than what he's been.  imo.

Edited by K197040

6 minutes ago, K197040 said:

They mentioned it on a podcast yesterday and I think it was somewhere around 80%. 

But I don't know what to even make of that.   Easily could have been out there just to pull Gilmore into covering him. 

For him to get consistently get open vs White, he needs to be closer to 100% than what he's been.  imo.

He had 2 targets the entire game.

6 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

He had 2 targets the entire game.

I think he really had 3 targets.  But one was the play that was called back.

That play, the Gilmore int, and the no catch at the end of the game.

Yeah...it's concerning.  And the Cowboys have enough weapons that they don't have to force it to Cooper. 

Right now I'm 50/50 on if I'm going to start him as my flex.

But this is absolutely a start/sit decision that should be based on everyone's individual roster and matchup this week.

Edited by K197040

The thing is, who do you start over Cooper? He plays much better at home, and he is at home this week. He isn't fully healthy, but he also has been pretty bad on the road this year even before the goose egg he put up on this week

Don't know about y'all, but my WR situation is trash, so Amari's gonna be in my lineup regardless.  I might even start him if he sits, out of spite.  I'm going down with the ship.

21 hours ago, atdharris said:

The thing is, who do you start over Cooper? He plays much better at home, and he is at home this week. He isn't fully healthy, but he also has been pretty bad on the road this year even before the goose egg he put up on this week

I'm personally thinking about the idea of starting Gallup over Cooper?  If Cooper is in fact not 100% then that would help explain why Gallup has been on an upswing the past couple games.  I'd love for Cooper to be at full health, but if he was battling a knee injury on Sunday afternoon and just being a decoy then I don't know what will change by Thursday afternoon.

• Like 1