CooL

Amari Cooper 2019 Outlook

The king of garbage time statistics. It's amazing that for three quarters he was facing a bad night statistically. Then all of a sudden Dak starts force feeding him. It makes you wonder why the desperation isn't there early in the game?

2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

The king of garbage time statistics. It's amazing that for three quarters he was facing a bad night statistically. Then all of a sudden Dak starts force feeding him. It makes you wonder why the desperation isn't there early in the game?

I wonder the same thing! He is your best receiver that runs good routes and he's a big man to fight for the ball. PASS HIM THE DAMN BALL!!!

1 minute ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I wonder the same thing! He is your best receiver that runs good routes and he's a big man to fight for the ball. PASS HIM THE DAMN BALL!!!

For some reason it looks like the coaching staff thought Gallup had the better matchup. Dak wa off for most of the night. 

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

For some reason it looks like the coaching staff thought Gallup had the better matchup. Dak wa off for most of the night. 

I also think they need to go deep more often. Seems like he threw a lot of 4-8 yard passes even in the hurry up he was throwing it 5 yards to the MIDDLE of the field. 

I watched this game

For the whole first quarter and until 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter Dak did not even look in Amari's direction. I thought he must not be fully healthy. Then in the 2nd half when they were down 17 points they started forcing some throws to him and they moved the ball pretty well. 

I'm glad the Cowboys lost. It's pathetic to see any team go almost 2 quarters of football and not even look in the direction of your WR1

• Like 1

Did anyone else see the look on Garret's face for most of the game? He looks so confused and dumbfounded as if he don't even know how to run his team. 

6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

For the whole first quarter and until 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter Dak did not even look in Amari's direction. I thought he must not be fully healthy.

Dak didn't look right to me, either. Almost wondered if something was off with his throwing hand.

14 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I watched this game

For the whole first quarter and until 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter Dak did not even look in Amari's direction. I thought he must not be fully healthy. Then in the 2nd half when they were down 17 points they started forcing some throws to him and they moved the ball pretty well. 

I'm glad the Cowboys lost. It's pathetic to see any team go almost 2 quarters of football and not even look in the direction of your WR1

I’m pretty sure he has 2 of the 3 least probable catches this season according to AWS (I may be wrong). The TD catch he made today no one else on that team even comes close to catching and he makes those catches all the time along the sideline. Any other coach/QB/coordinator would see their WR1 lining up across from an UDFA in one on one coverage and force him the ball consistently. Fuller wasn’t traveling last night he was playing a side and sticking to it, but they thought Gallup against an all pro was a better matchup for them to take advantage of.

Garret and Moore definitely deserved to lose last night, Cooper had a good game thanks to garbage time and returns to the dome next week where his stats are 4 times what they are on the road. Ramsey is a scary matchup but I heard the same thing about White (8-85) and Alexander (11-226-1).

8 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

He’s quietly number 4 in yards this season. Am I the only one that didn’t realize this? 

Michael Thomas 1,290

Chris Godwin 1,121

Mike Evans 1,096

AMARI COOPER 1,054

On another note, two receivers same team surpassing 1,000+ yards, is that an NFL record? (Godwin, Evans) Seems like quite the feat. 

Shoot, Gallup is at over 900 yards --despite missing 2 full games and most of a 3rd-- so him and Cooper will be both there by as soon as next week.

• Like 1

He may have saved my season with the garbage time "comeback", but man...I just don't think Cooper looked right. Granted, the Cowboy's offense didn't look right as a whole. Cooper has not been himself and I wouldn't be surprised to hear about at least one surgical repair this off-season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

Watching Cooper run puts me in pain. Dude looks like he's a shell physically. 

I dont think the Bears defensive player covering him thought so 🤣

I wish the Cowboys would play a whole game the way they played that fourth quarter.  They have so many weapons that the hurry up offence works really well for them.  

They’re better when they don’t try to scheme up elaborate plays and just move the ball quick and keep opposing defences on their heels and tired.  

26 minutes ago, lla887 said:

I wish the Cowboys would play a whole game the way they played that fourth quarter.  They have so many weapons that the hurry up offence works really well for them.  

They’re better when they don’t try to scheme up elaborate plays and just move the ball quick and keep opposing defences on their heels and tired.  

I agree that they look great in the hurry up.   They've done it several times.

But I think that has much to do with the other team being up and playing prevent defense.

11 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I agree that they look great in the hurry up.   They've done it several times.

But I think that has much to do with the other team being up and playing prevent defense.

True, and there were a lot of short yard throws to the tight end to back this up.  

But you gotta think with Zeke, Cooper, and Gallup that the best game plan is run, pass, repeat.  

With the talent level they have they don’t need to get cute the way teams like Phi do.  Frustrating to watch a team this talented lose games because of bad coaching

Edited by lla887
  • Like 1

Thank the fantasy gods for that TD. Pretty one too.

1 hour ago, TheDoctor said:

Watching Cooper run puts me in pain. Dude looks like he's a shell physically. 

I know what you mean and see the same thing. It is because he's not 100%. Watch his routes against Green Bay earlier this year. Electric.

9 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

On another note, two receivers same team surpassing 1,000+ yards, is that an NFL record? (Godwin, Evans) Seems like quite the feat.

Seriously?  Two receivers on the same team passing 1,000 yards happens all the time.  There have been 5 instances where a team has had three 1,000 yard receivers in the same season.

2 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

Seriously?  Two receivers on the same team passing 1,000 yards happens all the time.  There have been 5 instances where a team has had three 1,000 yard receivers in the same season.

and it puzzles me as to why they don't count the TE aside from the ;technical point that a TE is not a wr. Moving the ball through the air is the same regardless of the position

8 minutes ago, dashoe said:

and it puzzles me as to why they don't count the TE aside from the ;technical point that a TE is not a wr. Moving the ball through the air is the same regardless of the position

I think as it relates to fantasy discussion (especially a Cooper or Gallup thread), it's an important specification. 

Edited by K197040

The garbage time saved him, but it's amazing that for almost 3 quarters, he was not looked at at all. Why is Dallas content with force feeding Gallop and Randall Cobb and ignoring Amari? It makes no sense

10 minutes ago, atdharris said:

The garbage time saved him, but it's amazing that for almost 3 quarters, he was not looked at at all. Why is Dallas content with force feeding Gallop and Randall Cobb and ignoring Amari? It makes no sense

No idea.  His injury may mean that he can't get open like he normally would.

I think the 4th quarter output had to do with Chicago backing off into prevent.   And given how bad Dak looked, that last TD was lucky as hell. 

It was a bad sign that they didn't target Cooper at all on the first drive.   I think they almost always try to get him a pass on the first few plays. 

13 hours ago, brbeaird said:

Dak didn't look right to me, either. Almost wondered if something was off with his throwing hand.

Good call!

Dak Prescott suffered a sprained left hand and injured the index finger on his right hand in Thursday's Week 14 loss to Chicago.

With both Dak and Amari banged up and with Jalen Ramsey on tap, I'm strongly tempted to bench Amari next week.

I knew I wasn’t seeing things!

Feels good to have some explanation. Feels bad this may still be hanging over Cooper next week.  

Like almost all of my players this week, Cooper looks to have a bad matchup.  But I don't think there's anyway I can sit him.

What's everyone's expectations?

Edited by K197040

On 12/6/2019 at 6:13 AM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I watched this game

Cowboys staff (including Jones) is a total joke. They've had so much damn talent over the years and can't even make the NFC Championship once. This year they have a solid QB, elite RB, elite WR, good line, great talent all over the defense, and they are likely to have a losing record.

Pathetic.