Boudewijn

Marlon Mack 2019 Outlook

I'm not picking up Wilkins, but only due to roster limitations. That said, he's obviously a great handcuff. 

I'm also leaning towards sitting Mack Sunday even if he plays (subject to change of course), and I think he will. I can just see a split in carries where Wilkins eats into his production. I also think it's maybe more of a Hines game due to game script. I think he's flex at best this weekend. 

JMHO.

Lots of scared money up in here.

Mack starts, you start him.

I want nothing to do with Wilkins personally, no room for him. But to each his own.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Fixed that for you.

Behind that line, and with the commitment to running the ball by the Colts, if Mack were to miss time Wilkins has RB2 value.

Yes, I said great handcuff. 

• Like 4

Run heavy team with great OL? Yeah this is one of those situations almost any JAG would step in and be fantasy relevant. And look at their schedule. Almost no teams that will blow them out and ruin the run heavy game script besides KC in week 5.

• Thanks 1

Looked up the physical measurable's on his Back -up   " Wilkins"

6'1"   215 lbs.... 2nd year.    The colts O-line is top 5, and they will be a run first team because of Luck retiring.

Yeah, if Mack goes down or misses any time, this is the guy to own.   I would say great handcuff!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm offloading any piece of this offense if Mack goes down. They've already lost Luck and then it'll be the Jacoby Brissett, T.Y., and a bunch of JAG RBs show. No thanks.

1 minute ago, LongBalls said:

I'm offloading any piece of this offense if Mack goes down. They've already lost Luck and then it'll be the Jacoby Brissett, T.Y., and a bunch of JAG RBs show. No thanks.

With a great line.

I know one complements the other, but look at the Bengals.  Mixon is way more talented than any Colts rb and hes doing squat with no OL.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

With a great line.

I know one complements the other, but look at the Bengals.  Mixon is way more talented than any Colts rb and hes doing squat with no OL.

This is a team that's currently 3rd in rushing and 32nd in passing. Without a stud RB they will literally suck. Mack behind that line is basically the only chance they've got. 

There's a reason Mack's been taking a lot more of Hines' passing snaps so far. The Colts know it. 

Edited by LongBalls
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

This is a team that's currently 3rd in rushing and 32nd in passing. Without a stud RB they will literally suck. Mack behind that line is basically the only chance they've got. 

There's a reason Mack's been taking a lot more of Hines' passing snaps so far. The Colts know it. 

I guess I just dont think it Mack is that talented.  I own him so I'm not trying to bash him, but i just believe a lot of his success is being behind a top 5 line that opens huge holes.

I believe week 1 he had that huge yardage total, yet only broke 2 tackles.  That would indicate he got a lot of running room from his line.

1 hour ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I guess I just dont think it Mack is that talented.  I own him so I'm not trying to bash him, but i just believe a lot of his success is being behind a top 5 line that opens huge holes.

I believe week 1 he had that huge yardage total, yet only broke 2 tackles.  That would indicate he got a lot of running room from his line.

LOL expect Danny Dimes to be just as bad as Eli... I really don't see him being fantasy relevant. 

Sooo chances we think Mack plays tomorrow? Didn’t hear much today.

2 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

Sooo chances we think Mack plays tomorrow? Didn’t hear much today.

Sounded like most of the people around the team were expecting him to play even while he was missing practices during the week, and he was able to practice on Friday. So I’m thinking he’s starting and good to go for a nice game. 

Sun, Sep 22

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Marlon Mack (calf) is "likely to play" but will go through pre-game warmups before a final decision is made.

Advice: Mack went from carrying a walking boot on Wednesday to practicing on a limited basis Friday, which is good enough to warrant a game-time call. He's fully expected to play but the team wants to test his calf in pre-game warmups before making a final decision. If suddenly ruled out, Jordan Wilkins is the favorite to soak up early-down carries with Nyheim Hines getting involved as a receiver out of the backfield. Hines recently averaged 8.5 targets in the four games Mack missed last season.

More: Adam Schefter on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

I'm torn on this one. Hilton is also 50-50 to play and there's a good chance the Colts are chasing points. Plus no clue on Mack's workload.

Having to watch the reports , because him playing is a last minute decision for the team.    I have Wilkins, his backup...So I just need the word.   If he is still recovering from whatever they say he has ( no idea)  ...  Then I can see a reduced workload.      The problem is no one is getting a straight story out of the Colts on this.    

Guess it's good news he's already been declared active. Must be feeling alright.

Edited by LongBalls
  • Thanks 1

Just got listed as healthy.

Mack is back in my line-up!     I am worried about his use though.

4 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Just got listed as healthy.

Mack is back in my line-up!     I am worried about his use though.

Yup. But you have to play him if he's active...right?

1 minute ago, The G Man said:

Yup. But you have to play him if he's active...right?

With that match-up.

You have to start him, but I will be uneasy until I see his Jersey number on the field.    

5 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

With that match-up.

You have to start him, but I will be uneasy until I see his Jersey number on the field.    

Yeah, my only real concern is they dial back his usage because of the calf. The volume has been terrific so far. Hope it continues today. 

There’s too much risk here so I’m avoiding. He could be on a snap count. He could be less efficient with the carries. He could just not do well. Colts could be behind and throw more. I’m playing brieda over him personally. I wish teams would just let starters get 100% and not have them play though injuries with high reinjury rates (ie calf)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Panthers8912 said:

There’s too much risk here so I’m avoiding. He could be on a snap count. He could be less efficient with the carries. He could just not do well. Colts could be behind and throw more. I’m playing brieda over him personally. I wish teams would just let starters get 100% and not have them play though injuries with high reinjury rates (ie calf)

You are overthinking this.