Boudewijn

Marlon Mack 2019 Outlook

^ That could go either way. Det. nearly pulled out a win by pounding Johnson over and over...

Hopefully Reich and co. take notice. 

Wilkins probably has a higher chance of falling into the end zone. Hines has a better chance of generating fantasy points outside of TDs.

They seem to have a pretty soft schedule this year that would allow them to pound the ball so I'd prefer Wilkins most weeks, but not against KC. You'd think game script will heavily favor Hines in this one. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, yanki01 said:

this sub was high on Wilkins but Hines had the higher snap count. 45% to 21% for Hines.

That was all about game script.  Wilkins is the backup, Hines is the chasing points guy.

Just now, cnewbykkn said:

That was all about game script.  Wilkins is the backup, Hines is the chasing points guy.

What do you think the gamescript will be for a game @KC? Hines is the play this week methinks.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

What do you think the gamescript will be for a game @KC? Hines is the play this week methinks.

What was the gamescript for Det that nearly worked vs KC?

4 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Create lots of fumbles?

Edited by lolcopter
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Yeah, that was also with Mahomes having a career worst game on deep throws. No explosive plays from the Chiefs was the main reason why the Lions were able to ball control. Gotta think that ain't happening again, especially with this one at Arrowhead. While the concept of pounding the rock works in theory, I definitely see this as a Hines game if I had to bet on it. 

5 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Yeah, that was also with Mahomes having a career worst game on deep throws. No explosive plays from the Chiefs was the main reason why the Lions were able to ball control. Gotta think that ain't happening again, especially with this one at Arrowhead. While the concept of pounding the rock works in theory, I definitely see this as a Hines game if I had to bet on it. 

No you don't. You are choosing to. 

4 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

No you don't. You are choosing to. 

Correct, he's choosing to believe the more likely outcome will happen. There is a lot of parity in the NFL, despite what it looks like sometimes, and good team will sometimes struggle against lesser teams. Still, if KC played Detroit 10 times Mahomes would probably have 6-8 good games. Same with playing Indy. People go against the grain all the time and are right so you do you but don't pretend like you're seeing something we're not. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Correct, he's choosing to believe the more likely outcome will happen. There is a lot of parity in the NFL, despite what it looks like sometimes, and good team will sometimes struggle against lesser teams. Still, if KC played Detroit 10 times Mahomes would probably have 6-8 good games. Same with playing Indy. People go against the grain all the time and are right so you do you but don't pretend like you're seeing something we're not. 

Not sure why you both are assuming Indy and Detroit are the same team. 

33 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Not sure why you both are assuming Indy and Detroit are the same team. 

Doesn't that comment go against your whole point though? You're assuming Indy, like Detroit, will pound the rock to try to keep Mahomes off the field. If Mack doesn't play, they're certainly not giving Wilkins the workload that Kerryon got last week. That's what I'm choosing to think at least.

1 minute ago, Olliemets said:

Doesn't that comment go against your whole point though? You're assuming Indy, like Detroit, will pound the rock to try to keep Mahomes off the field. If Mack doesn't play, they're certainly not giving Wilkins the workload that Kerryon got last week. That's what I'm choosing to think at least.

I am drawing global comparisons of the teams, not just saying "they both suck, one got lucky, the other wont".  Indy has a much improved defense as well as a better oline than Detroit.  All I'm saying is thats ts not so easy to dismiss the recipe itself.

Mack will be fine. This is a rest day for a bell cow. Reich already stated he was medically cleared to come back into the game Sunday. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheDoctor said:

Mack will be fine. This is a rest day for a bell cow. Reich already stated he was medically cleared to come back into the game Sunday. 

It seems like he's adding an injury every week now though so I added Jordan Wilkins as insurance.  I know his calf issue and now his ankle issue both seem minor but he's bound to miss games at some point this season.

24 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

It seems like he's adding an injury every week now though so I added Jordan Wilkins as insurance.  I know his calf issue and now his ankle issue both seem minor but he's bound to miss games at some point this season.

I bet he's plays this week. But I have this strong suspicion that he won't play next week. I'd actually bet big money on it. 

4 hours ago, yanki01 said:

this sub was high on Wilkins but Hines had the higher snap count. 45% to 21% for Hines.

Well yeah they were down two touchdowns in the second half. Hines may have been in anyway even if Mack wasn’t hurt.

3 hours ago, Minnesota_Jack said:

I bet he's plays this week. But I have this strong suspicion that he won't play next week. I'd actually bet big money on it. 

I see what you did there. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

as a mack owner, I hope he sits, I would hate to have to play him and him be out of the game at halftime

I mean he’s gonna be on the injury report all season, guy cannot stay healthy

7 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

I mean he’s gonna be on the injury report all season, guy cannot stay healthy

im not talking about that, I can see gamescript out the window when the Colts are down 21-0 at the end of 1, and him not getting touches

I literally might just play Hines cause that is what I anticipate, the Colts couldnt keep the Raiders from posting 31, Chiefs hang 40+ on them