Boudewijn

Marlon Mack 2019 Outlook

11 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

This is the type of thing that gets owners in trouble. Practicing Friday and playing the night game could lead to late scratch with no one available to plug in.

Agreed.  If you are dead set on starting Mack, I hope you have Hines or Wilkins.  If not, it's prudent to try to grab Ito Smith or one of the 49ers committee, if any of them are available, so you'll at least get something if Mack is inactive.

He follows the same schedule every week yet there is always at least one kid in here freaking out about whether to scoop Hines or Wilkins. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, collucho said:

He follows the same schedule every week yet there is always at least one kid in here freaking out about whether to scoop Hines or Wilkins. 

Yeah but he seems to be adding on a new injury every week now so I think it's fair to wonder if he'll miss games at some point or at the very least be limited.

1 minute ago, sjm76 said:

Yeah but he seems to be adding on a new injury every week now so I think it's fair to wonder if he'll miss games at some point or at the very least be limited.

He practiced today. If he ever misses practice on Friday then you can worry. 

Just now, collucho said:

He practiced today. If he ever misses practice on Friday then you can worry. 

He practiced today my friend, true, but he can always aggravate the injury during the game.  Wouldn't be the first time that happened. 

1 minute ago, sjm76 said:

He practiced today my friend, true, but he can always aggravate the injury during the game.  Wouldn't be the first time that happened. 

So you're going to sit him because he could possibly get hurt during the game? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, collucho said:

So you're going to sit him because he could possibly get hurt during the game? 

Never said that I'm going to sit him but obviously he's banged up and could easily reaggravate the calf or ankle injuries.  Don't make me out to be some type of pansy because I typically make very ballsy lineup decisions.

3 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Never said that I'm going to sit him but obviously he's banged up and could easily reaggravate the calf or ankle injuries.  Don't make me out to be some type of pansy because I typically make very ballsy lineup decisions.

Look out for this guy!

• Haha 5

Just now, collucho said:

Look out for this guy!

That's right, buddy.  "Balls" is my nickname.

• Haha 1

All kidding aside, Mack will likely need to do his damage in the first half and fantasy owners need to hope that the Chiefs don't jump out to a big lead because Mack is rarely used when they are in catch-up mode.  It will be all Nyheim Hines.

5 minutes ago, Renegade412 said:

Actively trying to trade Mr. Mack in a full PPR league and literally no one wants him. To the bench until further notice.

Yeah just a week too late really. A good week this week should help though. I own him in both leagues but because he doesn’t really catch the ball he just doesn’t have much trade value. Serviceable RB2 or flex for sure though. 

2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

Yeah just a week too late really. A good week this week should help though. I own him in both leagues but because he doesn’t really catch the ball he just doesn’t have much trade value. Serviceable RB2 or flex for sure though. 

I have him in a PPR league and you pretty much have to hope for touchdowns because as we know, he rarely catches passes.  Even if he rushes for 110 yards but doesn't score a touchdown, that's still only 11 points in my league scoring system.

2 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Seriously huge risk for an abysmal game script.  Might need to bench.

You can't bench him but he isn't as obvious of a start as some people make him out to be.  The Chiefs run defense is a good matchup for him but again, there is the risk of the Chiefs going up big forcing the Colts to abandon the running game by the second half and forcing them to pass.  That's the risk when playing against Mahomes.

27 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I have him in a PPR league and you pretty much have to hope for touchdowns because as we know, he rarely catches passes.  Even if he rushes for 110 yards but doesn't score a touchdown, that's still only 11 points in my league scoring system.

Yep. I came to this conclusion a week or two too late.

1 minute ago, Renegade412 said:

Yep. I came to this conclusion a week or two too late.

I waited on rb's in my PPR league and actually had to take Mack as my rb1.  It's worked out for me so far as I'm 3-1 mostly thanks to Austin Ekeler but I'm looking to package Mack and a wr right now for a more reliable PPR rb1.

KC gives up 5.9 YPC to RBs, but I just don't feel good about Mack, injuries, game script if they get down, etc etc.

Killing me.

3 minutes ago, Cleanface said:

KC gives up 5.9 YPC to RBs, but I just don't feel good about Mack, injuries, game script if they get down, etc etc.

Killing me.

Not to mention that the Chiefs are at home, too.

43 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Not to mention that the Chiefs are at home, too.

I don’t think the colts will lay down for this game though. This is a pretty heated rivalry and they got bounced in the playoffs last year. I think they keep it close going into the 4th. 

4 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I don’t think the colts will lay down for this game though. This is a pretty heated rivalry and they got bounced in the playoffs last year. I think they keep it close going into the 4th. 

I know the Colts pass defense is generally solid but the Chiefs just have too many weapons even without Tyreek Hill.  I read that they may also be without Sammy Watkins too, though, so maybe the Colts will be able to keep it close.