Boudewijn

Marlon Mack 2019 Outlook

well did not see this dominant running performance. 26/124 as I type this. sitting him was a crucial mistake for me.

4 hours ago, chargahs said:

There is absolutely no chance in this reality that the Colts are beating the Chiefs in Arrowhead tonight. Go with Hines. I don't have a dog in the fight.

They did it! Mack also had a great game. 

26 minutes ago, yanki01 said:

well did not see this dominant running performance. 26/124 as I type this. sitting him was a crucial mistake for me.

Same here. Sat him for Gallman, who left with a concussion on the first drive 🤦🏻‍♂️

I sat him too.  Was worried about the late game and injury situation.  Last time I sat was his week 1 explosion.  Gotta love it when you're back asswards on the start/sit on a guy 5 weeks in.

1 minute ago, Steve-O said:

Same here. Sat him for Gallman, who left with a concussion on the first drive 🤦🏻‍♂️

I guess if you had injury concern with Mack it was logical. However, other than that many people said Gallman was a bad play after Week 4. Even if he didn’t get the concussion I didn’t expect much out of him.

2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I guess if you had injury concern with Mack it was logical. However, other than that many people said Gallman was a bad play after Week 4. Even if he didn’t get the concussion I didn’t expect much out of him.

Mack’s questionable tag was definitely why I started Gallman. Couldn’t wait for SNF game time decision. Although I do admit, I was looking forward to watching Gallman, particularly in the passing game. 

Looked very shifty while also running with patience and power. Impressive game. A little more work in the passing game is all that's missing.

I benched him for Thielen in my flex, so no biggie there.  Glad to see the great game.  Was getting a little worried.

And I'm a diehard Colts fan...WIN!!!

2 hours ago, lolcopter said:

Too bad about the bye next week. Lock and load RB2 ROS

Agree about everything. But maybe the Bye week is needed after he touched the ball 29 times on shaky ankles. I think the Bye week comes at a great time to get him back healthy. And we’ll be plugging him in at RB2 ROS. Championshippppppppp. 

On 10/2/2019 at 2:46 PM, cnewbykkn said:

What was the gamescript for Det that nearly worked vs KC?

On 10/2/2019 at 2:51 PM, sasnumberonefan said:

Yeah, that was also with Mahomes having a career worst game on deep throws. No explosive plays from the Chiefs was the main reason why the Lions were able to ball control. Gotta think that ain't happening again, especially with this one at Arrowhead. While the concept of pounding the rock works in theory, I definitely see this as a Hines game if I had to bet on it. 

On 10/2/2019 at 3:51 PM, cnewbykkn said:

I am drawing global comparisons of the teams, not just saying "they both suck, one got lucky, the other wont".  Indy has a much improved defense as well as a better oline than Detroit.  All I'm saying is thats ts not so easy to dismiss the recipe itself.

Maybe we'll all learn to listen to dissenting opinions next time. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Would've liked the goal line work. Lets hope Jordan 'goal line' Wilkins is a week 5 anomaly.  

The issue was Mack was carrying the team from 20-20 and I’m sure he was gassed by the time they got to the red zone. It was a CLASSIC 2011 MJD/Rashad Jennings combo. MJD was the entire team but only scored 5 touchdowns. 

3 hours ago, cnewbykkn said:

Maybe we'll all learn to listen to dissenting opinions next time. 

Yep. This board gets all worked up over game lines and assuming the game is going to flow with the vegas line exactly.

There’s now a precedent for slowing down the Chiefs which in all honesty isn’t rocket science. Keep good offense off field = good, let good offense carve you up all game = bad.

• Like 2

It's funny to me, today I see the "talking heads" are all about the "blueprint" for slowing down the Chiefs.. Sure, Colts were successful at running the ball and doing their thing, but why is everyone overlooking the fact that Mahomes re-tweaked his ankle pretty early on (twice) and was MIA due to a lack of mobility / 5hit line, after that?

He was his same highlight reel self prior to that and prob would've lit them up for several more TDs had his mobility not been compromised..

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sully said:

It's funny to me, today I see the "talking heads" are all about the "blueprint" for slowing down the Chiefs.. Sure, Colts were successful at running the ball and doing their thing, but why is everyone overlooking the fact that Mahomes re-tweaked his ankle pretty early on (twice) and was MIA due to a lack of mobility / 5hit line, after that?

He was his same highlight reel self prior to that and prob would've lit them up for several more TDs had his mobility not been compromised..

Probably because people are talking about what actually happened as opposed to what might have happened.

If's and but's....

• Haha 1

Just now, cnewbykkn said:

Probably because people are talking about what actually happened as opposed to what might have happened.

If's and but's....

if you really believe the outcome would have been the same, had his ankle not been rolled / stepped on, I don't know what to tell you.

Keep sippin'.

I was very surprised that Mack had as many touches as he had yesterday because he's banged up.  I even started Nyheim Hines ahead of him in a 0.5 PPR league because I thought that the Chiefs would dominate at home.  I was wrong but I don't mind being wrong because I still won my matchup and now Mack gets a week to heal after a strong performance.

He's the key to the Colts success.  That should make all owners very happy to own him.  Set and forget RB2.

37 minutes ago, Steve-O said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Mack back from the bye against Houston’s run D?

He & the o-line should be fully healthy. I think he’ll be just fine as they try to control the ball & keep it out of Watson’s hands 

52 minutes ago, Steve-O said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Mack back from the bye against Houston’s run D?

20 touches by halftime. wouldn't be shocked to see a chiefs styled game.