Boudewijn

Marlon Mack 2019 Outlook

Honestly surprised he hasn’t been better for fantasy purposes, I always thought Brissett was pretty underrated so thought if he was serviceable and Mack stayed healthy he’d put up RB1/borderline RB1 numbers. I couldn’t draft him with his injury concern (dude’s like Breida he picks up an injury every 10 touches) but he’s been healthy for the most part recently so I’d think he puts up close to RB1 numbers ROS.

Edited by Ruut6

6 hours ago, Ruut6 said:

Honestly surprised he hasn’t been better for fantasy purposes, I always thought Brissett was pretty underrated so thought if he was serviceable and Mack stayed healthy he’d put up RB1/borderline RB1 numbers. I couldn’t draft him with his injury concern (dude’s like Breida he picks up an injury every 10 touches) but he’s been healthy for the most part recently so I’d think he puts up close to RB1 numbers ROS.

Lack of involvement in the pass game is a real killer, which is what has guys in similar situations ahead of him (Jacobs, Conner, etc). He's also been unlucky in the TD department given his usage. But I don't know how much you can expect things to change. 

6 hours ago, Ruut6 said:

In some ways he's suffering from Gurly-ism (to a lesser degree) in that the Colts know how important he is to the team so they try to manage his reps. That's unfortunately equated to a lot of Wilkinson around the goal line for some reason (as opposed to giving Mack a break between the 20s). He's still due for some positive TD regression, though. 

Just hope he can stay healthy. They have a good line and he's pretty much a guarantee for 18-20 touches per game if he's not dinged up.

On 10/31/2019 at 11:51 AM, Ryansm11 said:

Steelers defense has been nasty. I can’t see this being a good game for him. 

Unfortunately I think you're right. I feel like this will be a 18/78 type game for him. Maybe a catch or two. The Steelers defense is meshing together lately, and without TY threat on the outside, a loaded box for Mack.

This should be a interesting game though, Colts OLine vs Steelers front seven. 

Good news is that the game should be close. Both solid defensive teams and don't see either offense blowing the doors off. 

He's more talented but for fantasy how is he really that different than Carlos Hyde? Hines takes all of the passing game usage.

He has a nice rush yardage floor week to week but you're basically hoping for a TD to get to the ceiling, which is maybe 20 PPR points? Barely a RB2 in PPR, probably more of a FLEX guy.

I noticed that at least for today, whenever he ran it into the RZ, he would always signal to sub out. Some times, it wasn't even a long run before... maybe like a 5-6 yd standard run. 

So frustrating he’s not involved in the pass game nor in the redzone. And I still don’t like the way he runs. Stop it with that probing s--- and just hit the holes hard, get skinny, and accelerate already. 

8 minutes ago, mvttchew said:

I noticed that at least for today, whenever he ran it into the RZ, he would always signal to sub out. Some times, it wasn't even a long run before... maybe like a 5-6 yd standard run. 

Maybe hes playing himself in fantasy 

Kinda hate owning this dude now, excessively patient needs to hit the hole harder, 3 TD's through 9 games is not much fun with 0 pass game involvement makes playing him not very enjoyable. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CroNY said:

Kinda hate owning this dude now, excessively patient needs to hit the hole harder, 3 TD's through 9 games is not much fun with 0 pass game involvement makes playing him not very enjoyable. 

What makes it even more unenjoyable is staring at a date against Tampa Bay’s nasty rush defense the first week of the fantasy playoffs.

You are kinda forced to start him based off the amount of touches he gets but I am frustrated as well. 

He's so up and down with the way he runs. In some games, namely KC and LAC Week 1, he runs decisively with great burst, but others he looks very tentative and goes down immediately upon first contact. This Jags run D has faltered a bit with the loss of Dareus and virtually all of their LB's (have been signing guys off the street to start alongside Myles Jack), so I do like him this week, but I am officially worried for the fantasy playoffs.

One bright spot is that Wilkins went down with an ankle and is week to week, so hopefully Mack gets all of the red zone touches in his stead. I did see Hines in the game in the red zone last week with the game on the line, but I doubt they have the same trust in 4th stringer Jonathan Williams that they do Wilkins.

Edited by Olliemets

His ceiling is non-existent without the goal line touches. Aaron Jones had the exact same yardage this week but with 3 scores. ******** ridiculous. Play your best players. 

Still getting around 20 touches.    I don’t know what Indy was thinking putting the game in Hoyers hands so often.    You have a dominant O line with a third string qb.    HOPEFULLY....they see this mistake and correct it 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Still getting around 20 touches.    I don’t know what Indy was thinking putting the game in Hoyers hands so often.    You have a dominant O line with a third string qb.    HOPEFULLY....they see this mistake and correct it 

Exactly he's still getting 20 touches behind a dominant O-line and has put up 4 pedestrian performances in a row... Ugh, is a 30 yard TD one game too much to ask for.. we were all lauding his patience etc but from the last few games he's like twinkle toes behind the line and then goes down instantly after 2-4 yards. He's tough you bench him and hell end up with that 25 touch 2 TD game but in the mean time its 7-10 PT PPR.. 3.6 YPC over the last 4 games is pretty terrible considering Miami was in there.

Edited by CroNY

And to make things worse you gotta potentially pick up both Williams and Wilkins depending on Wilkins’s health throughout the week. Could even turn into a full blown timeshare since Williams looked good. Best case scenario is that Wilkins is still out on a short week.

45 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

And to make things worse you gotta potentially pick up both Williams and Wilkins depending on Wilkins’s health throughout the week. Could even turn into a full blown timeshare since Williams looked good. Best case scenario is that Wilkins is still out on a short week.

It will likely be a 3-way timeshare with Williams, Wilkins and Nyheim Hines (on passing downs) all getting work unless one guy really stands out.  Williams really stood out today but let's see what happens when Wilkins can play.

Wilkins is good. Glad I stashed him. He should be the lead dog but some bad matchups coming up.