Boudewijn

Marlon Mack 2019 Outlook

11 minutes ago, herschel said:

Did Williams Wally Pipp Mack?

yes. 

the kid is a flat-out better runner than Mack - case closed. 

• Haha 8

Hines actually looked like the better runner than Williams last night.  Williams looked slow and doesn't have the burst Hines does.  That's why Hines was able to break through the LOS when most of Williams' runs got stuffed for a few years.

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, CowboysFan said:

Hines actually looked like the better runner than Williams last night.  Williams looked slow and doesn't have the burst Hines does.  That's why Hines was able to break through the LOS when most of Williams' runs got stuffed for a few years.

Williams did fine-   They needed a banger with fresh legs who could handle a large workload without breaking or embarrassing himself.    JWill can certainly do that.   He’s bounced around the league because of that ability.   Might have even made a case to be the primary backup ROS when MM returns.    It’s not like Wilkins has done much of anything.  

That’s really as far as it goes with Williams.  I wouldn’t seriously entertain speculation that’s hes moved ahead of Mack- who is the complete package. 

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1

The only difference is they ran Williams into the ground and he got going as the game went on. With Mack, they are careful to preserve him, probably due to injury concerns. He's not better than Mack lol. Takes what he is given and runs hard. Besides that KC game, Mack never got 29+ touches in a game and also subbed out on GL downs a lot.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

The only difference is they ran Williams into the ground and he got going as the game went on. With Mack, they are careful to preserve him, probably due to injury concerns. He's not better than Mack lol. Takes what he is given and runs hard. Besides that KC game, Mack never got 29+ touches in a game and also subbed out on GL downs a lot.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, vthokie3 said:

Was waiting for people to say he is better than mack 😂 every backup RB thread

that's pretty much all fantasy football is; waiting for the backup RB to take over

Edited by FritzLn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

Was waiting for people to say he is better than mack 😂 every backup RB thread

... aaaaaaand tgat's why i obliged so early - figured we'd get it out the way PDQ.

(and some took it verbatim 😂)

• Like 1

[...] I figure he comes back week 14/15 but is limited due to injury...on top of that his schedule is terrible and let’s be honest Mack hasn’t had but 3 great games all year but due to the amount of  carries he gets it keeps him in the rb2 conversation... but if he comes back and is limited on top of a bad schedule how much can we really expect from him ??? Am I making sense ? What are you Guys thoughts? 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

12 hours ago, Cokey said:

[...] I figure he comes back week 14/15 but is limited due to injury...on top of that his schedule is terrible and let’s be honest Mack hasn’t had but 3 great games all year but due to the amount of  carries he gets it keeps him in the rb2 conversation... but if he comes back and is limited on top of a bad schedule how much can we really expect from him ??? Am I making sense ? What are you Guys thoughts? 

Exactly the thoughts I have and mentioned in another thread.

I think nobody should blame you if you would drop him. Let’s say you need handcuffs for the playoff run (maybe as a Zeke, Barkley or Cook owner); I rather be safe with the handcuffs instead of Mack you maybe cannot play before week 15/16!

Williams isnt a better runner than Mack.  We can see that with our eyes. That isnt the problem.  The problem is that he is running well enough to warrant getting touches if/when Mack comes back.  

I dropped Mack this morning.  [...] probably not brave enough to start Mack in a timeshare with Williams, Wilkins and Hines in week 15 anyway.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Yeah this is a tough decision. I'm going back and forth on whether to drop him or not. I really need the RB depth but it's hard to leave him on my bench as well.

2 hours ago, Funkenstein said:

Williams isnt a better runner than Mack.  We can see that with our eyes. That isnt the problem.  The problem is that he is running well enough to warrant getting touches if/when Mack comes back.  

I dropped Mack this morning.  [...] probably not brave enough to start Mack in a timeshare with Williams, Wilkins and Hines in week 15 anyway.

the answer is - doubtful.   But a fair query.  

Mack is about the safest 20 touches in the game.   But how’s the hand when he returns?   Is Indy fighting for playoffs?  If he’s healthy,  there’s no doubt they’ll use him.   I’m going to hang tight on this one.   Demarco Murray had this same injury and missed only one game.   It’s very possible mack returns next week.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

the answer is - doubtful.   But a fair query.  

Mack is about the safest 20 touches in the game.   But how’s the hand when he returns?   Is Indy fighting for playoffs?  If he’s healthy,  there’s no doubt they’ll use him.   I’m going to hang tight on this one.   Demarco Murray had this same injury and missed only one game.   It’s very possible mack returns next week.  

Are you sure it was the same injury ? Like I said I’m just worried with him being banged up they are conservative with him when he returns because imo Mack isn’t that hot if he’s not getting 20 touches 

we expecting him back this season?  he was dropped in my league and trying to figure out if hes worth the stash....

5 minutes ago, herschel said:

we expecting him back this season?  he was dropped in my league and trying to figure out if hes worth the stash....

If he was dropped I’d probably pick him up. I would expect him to miss at least one more game after this week, though. 

25 minutes ago, herschel said:

100% yes. For some owners, there is the potential for a month more of fantasy football.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 1

They say he is targeting being back week 14 would you guys play him seems like a wait and watch situation... thoughts ? 

I would assume he’s well rested and ready to go. Running shouldn’t be a problem, It was only a hand injury and not an ankle or hamstring.

My biggest concern is the Tampa Bay rush defense in week 14 than anything else 

12 hours ago, gmoneypm said:

I would assume he’s well rested and ready to go. Running shouldn’t be a problem, It was only a hand injury and not an ankle or hamstring.

My biggest concern is the Tampa Bay rush defense in week 14 than anything else 

Sounds like he may be ready next week, and the Colts are in mist-win mode...but yeah I don’t know where to rank him.

Tampa bottled up Fournette today on the ground.  The only reason he had a decent game was because of being targeted 11 times; which would take about 11 games for Mack to get that many targets.

Well, From what I have seen this day, they need Mack back worse than I thought.    Mack is the obvious NO 1 and I cant wait to get him back.  I am sure the team is thinking the same thing.  I would expect him back week 14.

If he is active this week you have to start him. Colts are in must win mode and they got NOTHING from Wilkins/Williams last week. 

• Like 1

Sooooooooooo he is back at practice today.

Are we starting him in Tampa Bay against the best rush defense? I would feel a lot better about this decision if I knew he had some type of role in the passing game.

30 minutes ago, gmoneypm said:

Sooooooooooo he is back at practice today.

Are we starting him in Tampa Bay against the best rush defense? I would feel a lot better about this decision if I knew he had some type of role in the passing game.

I'm reluctant to play him...Fournette had 38 yards on 14 carries last week against Tampa.  I think Mack would need a TD to put up a respectable RB2 outing.  Its very unlikely he is going to be rushing for 100+ yards.

• Like 1