Rotoworld.com Forums

Marlon Mack 2019 Outlook

12 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

Pretty much this. I preferred guys like Jones, Williams, Carson to Mack so I was never going to draft him. If he's potentially dropping 20 draft slots i'm so in on him. The draft capital difference is very big if we are talking 30-40 vs 50-60 imo. IF it's 20 spots or so. He's got way more upside with also a stable floor then any other back down at that point I would have to think. Right?

For sure. It all depends on where he lands. I think people may be too bullish on Hilton going forward. I think Mack's ADP was where it should've been before, and will be where it should be going forward. I expect he drops a round or 2 depending on your league. 

Edited by miasma16
  • Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yes.  the kid is a flat-out better runner than Mack - case closed. 

Can we stop jynxing this guy? Thanks. 

what kinda perverted voooodoooo medicine they practicing over there? BOOT? ON THE SHOULDER??!?!!1?

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Disagree

A top 5 offensive line, mobile qb, and good D is a recipe for success on the ground.    

Volume 👆 

You know better than this.

Luck not playing certainly dings Mack a little. Volume can make up a little bit but defenses not respecting Jacoby as a passer will cause Mack to face more stacked boxes 

As was mentioned earlier the offense won't score as many points or move the chains as much and likely playing from behind much more often are all negatives against Mack with the Luck retirement news.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 1
51 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

You know better than this.

Luck not playing certainly dings Mack a little. Volume can make up a little bit but defenses not respecting Jacoby as a passer will cause Mack to face more stacked boxes 

As was mentioned earlier the offense won't score as many points or move the chains as much and likely playing from behind much more often are all negatives against Mack with the Luck retirement news.

If the colts stick with their strengths and decide to play ball control— volume will be a major contributor for Mack.    He’s the clear leader of that group and the obvious candidate for increased responsibility. 

We shall see if it overcomes the loss of overall offensive efficiency and production.   Not so cut and dry.  

59 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

If the colts stick with their strengths and decide to play ball control— volume will be a major contributor for Mack.    He’s the clear leader of that group and the obvious candidate for increased responsibility. 

We shall see if it overcomes the loss of overall offensive efficiency and production.   Not so cut and dry.  

Exactly. Everything is up in the air. The only thing we know for sure, is that he should get more volume which is never a bad thing behind a great offensive line. Offensive efficiency with Brissett is a question mark, but I would not drop Mack far at all. If owners have a clear preference of another back in his range, then take the leap. Most backs in that range all have question marks anyways so it will come down to preference. I still like Mack though.

• Like 1

Mack is going to be a great value with this news. Don't sleep on Brissett. He's very capable of keeping defenses honest enough for this O Line and it's two very good TE's to open up many holes in this running game. I'm buying at the new discount. This new Colts team becomes ground and pound.

Edited by bigbluecrew56
  • Like 3

I am on the opposite side of this spectrum. I believe his value has gone up. The Colts have enough weapons to keep defenses from stacking the box. Hilton, Ebron, Doyle, Campbell and Funchess. Brissett is obviously decent enough to some teams that they were willing to offer 2nd and 3rd round picks for him. Mack is going to be fine and honestly Brissett in only his 2nd year had 3300 yards and 17 total tds.

• Like 2

I was targeting Mack before Andrew Luck retiring yesterday. I am still in on him and thinking he will still get just as much work if not more. So if his stock is dropping so much the better when I have my draft on Thursday. 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, CawCaw said:

I was targeting Mack before Andrew Luck retiring yesterday. I am still in on him and thinking he will still get just as much work if not more. So if his stock is dropping so much the better when I have my draft on Thursday. 

His value has been adjusted on many mocks dropping him into the 5th. I love when the sheep panic 

Just now, bigbluecrew56 said:

His value has been adjusted on many mocks dropping him into the 5th. I love when the sheep panic 

I hope he falls to the 5th in my draft because I will snag him there.

• Like 1

They going to most definitely stack the box on this cat , without luck the none of the receivers will hit 1k yards or 9-10 tds, this backup qb is dumpster fire 🔥, of anything I’m streaming defenses that are playing this team quite a few times this year.  Luck opened the run game up for Mack

37 minutes ago, Brye said:

They going to most definitely stack the box on this cat , without luck the none of the receivers will hit 1k yards or 9-10 tds, this backup qb is dumpster fire 🔥, of anything I’m streaming defenses that are playing this team quite a few times this year.  Luck opened the run game up for Mack

I mean Eli Manning sucks, but people are taking Barkley with the first overall with a team that faced the most 8 man boxes in the league. 

The idea that Mack is totally unusable is hilarious. 

• Like 1

I can definitely see arguments made for both sides.  But if the chips are down I’m saying he loses value overall.  The offense simply won’t be nearly as productive.  Spent $22 on him an hour before the news dropped.  I think he will still be serviceable but his ceiling took a huge hit.

5 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

I mean Eli Manning sucks, but people are taking Barkley with the first overall with a team that faced the most 8 man boxes in the league. 

The idea that Mack is totally unusable is hilarious. 

But is it funnier than you comparing Marlon Mack and Saquon Barkley?

Stick Barkley on the Colts and he puts up far better numbers than he does in New York. And Mack, who's a pretty middling talent for a starting running back, certainly benefits from Luck being under center.

This hurts him if only for week-to-week consistency. He could've been involved every single week on a contender. When they play the dregs of the league, he'll have RB1 outings. He'll also have RB4 outings when they get down 21 in the first half to elite teams that they would've competed with while Luck was the QB.

He’s about the only Indy player who might still have value despite the Luck retirement. Doyle was good with Brissett two years ago but now there’s more competition at TE, the WRs obviously all take hits.

But I think there’s a decent possibility we see some of Bill Simmons’s classic Ewing Theory play out. Literally everyone thinks they’re gonna suck without Luck, it’s not hard to envision the locker room rallying around that. Brissett is unlikely to be the same, bad player he was two years ago, their offensive line is excellent, their defense is much improved, and it’s not like Reich suddenly forgot how to coach. I think his adjustment will be to focus more on the running game and if the Colts can find their way to 9-7/8-8/7-9 - and I think they can - it should be a viable fantasy running game.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

But is it funnier than you comparing Marlon Mack and Saquon Barkley?

Stick Barkley on the Colts and he puts up far better numbers than he does in New York. And Mack, who's a pretty middling talent for a starting running back, certainly benefits from Luck being under center.

This hurts him if only for week-to-week consistency. He could've been involved every single week on a contender. When they play the dregs of the league, he'll have RB1 outings. He'll also have RB4 outings when they get down 21 in the first half to elite teams that they would've competed with while Luck was the QB.

It was simply a comparison talking about suspect QBs with far worse offensive lines than the Colts who are arguably a top 5 unit in the league. 

Who would you rather have in the RB range? Derrick Henry (middling QB), Tevin Coleman (unknown QB offensive line suspect), etc. Yea Mack isn't Barkley, but there are guys in similar situations being drafted around the same places.

Also, no one knows any idea what Jacoby Brisett is going to be. No one thought Foles was going to be any good when he came in for the Eagles and look what happened. 

Edited by TheDoctor
4 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

It was simply a comparison talking about suspect QBs with far worse offensive lines than the Colts who are arguably a top 5 unit in the league. 

Who would you rather have in the RB range? Derrick Henry (middling QB), Tevin Coleman (unknown QB offensive line suspect), etc. Yea Mack isn't Barkley, but there are guys in similar situations being drafted around the same places.

Also, no one knows any idea what Jacoby Brisett is going to be. No one thought Foles was going to be any good when he came in for the Eagles and look what happened. 

Enough with the bad comparisons. We're also well aware of what Brissett is, we've seen plenty of him. Foles? Foles was terrible. That's what made his playoff success so fun and hilarious; he was garbage in any game where Philadelphia's season wasn't on the line.

4 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Enough with the bad comparisons. We're also well aware of what Brissett is, we've seen plenty of him. Foles? Foles was terrible. That's what made his playoff success so fun and hilarious; he was garbage in any game where Philadelphia's season wasn't on the line.

Good to know that on 17 games Brissett is a well known commodity. People should let everyone know that Jimmy G is also bad as well based on his small sample size. Keep thinking Mack is unusable lol. 

Edited by TheDoctor
  • Like 1
25 minutes ago, Fierylady said:

He’s about the only Indy player who might still have value despite the Luck retirement. Doyle was good with Brissett two years ago but now there’s more competition at TE, the WRs obviously all take hits.

But I think there’s a decent possibility we see some of Bill Simmons’s classic Ewing Theory play out. Literally everyone thinks they’re gonna suck without Luck, it’s not hard to envision the locker room rallying around that. Brissett is unlikely to be the same, bad player he was two years ago, their offensive line is excellent, their defense is much improved, and it’s not like Reich suddenly forgot how to coach. I think his adjustment will be to focus more on the running game and if the Colts can find their way to 9-7/8-8/7-9 - and I think they can - it should be a viable fantasy running game.

Props for quoting Bill Simmons!

He was so great.  So much better than zombie Bill Simmons, who is absolute trash.

And yes, I think Mack still has a good year

On 8/24/2019 at 8:41 PM, Impreza178 said:

Disagree

A top 5 offensive line, mobile qb, and good D is a recipe for success on the ground.    

Volume 👆 

I’m totally on board with this. Brissett isn’t Luck, but he’s not bad either. This is a totally different team from when Brissett was brought in 3 days before Game 1 in 2017. He’s had 2 full off-seasons to learn this offense & has a lot of weapons to use. If anything, I think this means more balance to the offense by increasing Mack’s usage. Their defense has also improved so they shouldn’t be in as many shootouts  

• Like 1