Rotoworld.com Forums

Marlon Mack 2019 Outlook

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

yes.  the kid is a flat-out better runner than Mack - case closed. 

Can we stop jynxing this guy? Thanks. 

what kinda perverted voooodoooo medicine they practicing over there? BOOT? ON THE SHOULDER??!?!!1?

Posted Images

He looked good today. Although he wasnt involved in the passing game... I am not too worried. 

Coaching staff stuck with the run even though they were playing behind. 

15-20 touches wvey week with a potential to break a long run every game. 

Solid low end rb 1 top end rb 2 all year

• Like 3

Just about to say how funny it is that NOBOBY bump this thread after Mack opened the season with the most rushing yards and carries...

25/174/1

Stud Day

• Like 2
1 minute ago, CViewPride35 said:

He looked good today. Although he wasnt involved in the passing game... I am not too worried. 

Coaching staff stuck with the run even though they were playing behind. 

15-20 touches wvey week with a potential to break a long run every game. 

Solid low end rb 1 top end rb 2 all year

That second point is worth highlighting. That is extremely promising. 

The passing game usage will come if he continues to get the snaps and this type of workload.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Really only a concern in PPR anyway. Standard players everywhere rejoice

I tend to like the security of having catches. Generally, catches average more points per touch even without the PPR bonus. But with this offensive line, for the price you paid for a guy like Mack, it doesn't matter. Would be a nice bonus though.

Also, receptions are more game script independent, which is another sense of security.

Edited by WaiverLooter
  • Like 1

Hines only had four targets but caught all four. I wouldn't be too worried.. Mack was a absolute beast yesterday. Didn't seem like Colts needed to pass much with Hilton doing whatever he wanted, mixed with Mack running well. Something to monitor next few weeks though. 

24 minutes ago, jwork said:

Look like he was out there a lot on 3rd down too. I think the targets will come.

Yes and he was open a few times but Brissett was looking downfield. He usually had a reception or two per game last season so that should be the expectation going forward.

Have to love him in standard and you should have been able to get him at an appropriate discount in PPR to make the pick worthwhile. I got him at the same price as Montgomery in a PPR and was ecstatic.

1 hour ago, Brettg57 said:

Hines only had four targets but caught all four. I wouldn't be too worried.. Mack was a absolute beast yesterday. Didn't seem like Colts needed to pass much with Hilton doing whatever he wanted, mixed with Mack running well. Something to monitor next few weeks though. 

He caught all 4 targets for a whopping 4 receiving yards total. People have been mistakenly touting Hines as one of the better 3rd down pass catching backs in football.. He does appear to pass the eye test as a small/quick Tarik Cohen-lite, but the guy was horribly inefficient last year with a 4.5 yards per catch rate. Mack will surely get a cut of the passing work, I'm not worried at all.

On 9/4/2019 at 1:09 PM, ponza88 said:

Mack should have gone much earlier in drafts.

His ADP was criminal.

HIS ADP WAS CRIMINAL!!!! Money in the bank with that O-Line!!!

• Like 3